Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have rank select on mods please

PollexMessier

This is a thing this game has seriously needed for the longest time. There are a lot of mods that are incredibly costly or difficult to get multiples of. Many use to be outright impossible until they were added to Simaris' shop upon obtaining them. I don't like the idea of needing to farm them out again to get a weaker version of it because I can't fit a maxed out one on my build, or if a maxed out one is detrimental to my build in the occasional case of corrupted mods, and then there's rivens. It would be an incredibly helpful bit of qol if we could actually control what rank a mod is within whatever rank it's currently upgraded to

ah.. you can select which rank you want during fusion, you are aware of that right? also credits and endo are so easy to farm now. if you remove ranking up then what use does ENDOs have? i'm just 4yr old tenno and already have 1.3m endo atm which all necessary my mods maxed. i'm not into prime mod trading for plat so those endos are just gonna lie there unused with your "solution"

idk, isn't that the strongest use of having these Resources later on? otherwise they serve literally no purpose, as once you have one of basically everything, then... the Resources that you use to upgrade Mods are also thusly essentially useless.

having a use in acquiring more than one of a Mod gives purpose to the Resources to upgrade Mods, and gives purpose to Mods continuing to exist as acquirable things at all, past you acquiring it the first time. as otherwise, again, these things become useless to you.

just a flip side of the coin to keep in mind there.

22 minutes ago, taiiat said:

idk, isn't that the strongest use of having these Resources later on? otherwise they serve literally no purpose, as once you have one of basically everything, then... the Resources that you use to upgrade Mods are also thusly essentially useless.

having a use in acquiring more than one of a Mod gives purpose to the Resources to upgrade Mods, and gives purpose to Mods continuing to exist as acquirable things at all, past you acquiring it the first time. as otherwise, again, these things become useless to you.

just a flip side of the coin to keep in mind there.

You're basically telling OP: "but then you won't have to grind as much, and grinding is good"

Have you considered that maybe grinding is Not good?

Also, Rivens. a good example of wanting a derank mode might be controlling negatives.

say I've got one with -60% CD, which is OK maxed for a stat based weapon variant where it won't trigger Crits, but would be more useful deranked to make the CD reduce to -50% when used on a crit based weapon variant. Same Mod, but different ranking for situation.

1 hour ago, Dauggie said:

ah.. you can select which rank you want during fusion, you are aware of that right? also credits and endo are so easy to farm now. if you remove ranking up then what use does ENDOs have?

Why do you mention Endo / Credits? Getting the MODS themselves is what's the issue here.

1 hour ago, Dauggie said:

i'm just 4yr old tenno and already have 1.3m endo atm

And yeah, having the resources of a 4 year veteran, that's a reasonable basis for determining whether something is feasible for others.

wat

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

gives purpose to Mods continuing to exist as acquirable things at all, past you acquiring it the first time.

Eh, doesn't really fix the overwhelming majority of Mods dropping being useless dupes already.

How many more Revenge Precepts do I need goshdarnit, I don't even use Shade, stoppit.

I'd honestly be fine with something like how Destiny (2) did it - after acquiring a piece of equipment or whatever there,
you could then synthesize additional copies at your leasures, for a certain resource investment.

That could totally work here as well, have our Orbiter / Ordis be the one that "remembers" all our acquisitions,
rather than Simaris does (stop invading my privacy) for certain items.

And hey, if you want a use for Endo, make that the resource needed, bam, solved.

Or at least, use Endo for Mods, because Hek, you could also make other items use that feature,
like, if you ever crafted a Bolto or Dual Skana, you then don't need to (wait and) craft 3 additional ones for other weapons,
you can just pay the resources and get express instant delivery right then and there.

Not sure whether Prime gear should be exempt from this ... hm, if you give it a seriously large Ducat cost, then it might be fine even for that.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

I'd honestly be fine with something like how Destiny did it

sure, that could be done, but then that makes the Mods that you get anywhere in the game even more irrelevant once you have acquired them once. we already have some pretty severe problems (overall, non Mission specific) with dud Rewards, things that are either one time useful or run out of purpose to acquire fairly quickly, or otherwise.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know it's been wanted in the game for a while, but it's not like DE haven't actually answered that question. A few times.

The answer is that they actually do want you to re-grind any of the mods you can re-grind to get duplicates, rank them up with more Endo and so on. Or Trade for them. They do not actually want to give us that changeable nature on base mods because it removes the need to get multiple of them and removes any artificial rarity they have in terms of gameplay or trading.

Sad for players like you that want to have those carefully tweaked min-max builds, great for players that encounter multiples they don't need and can make a quick 5-15 Plat with them.

as stated above there is multiple reasons for that.

Yes it would make building way easier , but sadly there is reasoning behind why it didn't happen.
At the moment personally im trying to get another set of umbra mod for example.
yes it cost a lot to get and level up but that's the game.

Archived