Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stalker (mini-rant)

Kage_Senshi-o

Question

13 answers to this question

I've completed the Quest "Second Dream". He's in it, but after that quest he can still show up randomly (he gets even stronger). I've checked forums and everyone says we're never really done with him. We can only hope the Developers are paying attention and will change this in the update cos everyone seems to find it annoying. It's like a bug except it was deliberately out there lol.  

I'm, what? Unless you have every drop from the Stalker you still have reason to fight him. And even then his purpose is to drop reward blueprint dupes so you can rebuild his unique gear if you sell it for whatever reason. There's no real reason to believe we'll have a chance to actually kill the Stalker for good. Plus his defeat in Second Dream seems to be his "final" defeat, at least that's how I read it, and his appearances afterwards are a gameplay thing.

Plus, you know if you don't kill bosses you don't regain death marks from him, right?

Leave my BFF alone Stalker is awesome, drops all sorts of rewards and DE has been known to add to his drop table pile, I love hearing that sound as he comes into a mission when I'm at my busiest and have to stop for a few seconds to kill him and then get back to the task at hand.

p.s when you do kill him in the mission don't stand still the Stalker is a sore loser and will try and kill you as he exits. :devil:

1 hour ago, Kage_Senshi-o said:

Who's bright idea was it for players never to get a chance to kill the stalker once and for all? Exactly what purpose is such a phenomenon supposed to serve? It's only fair if we can earn an opportunity to be done with him at some point, is it not?

Imma need you to get on this soapbox for kuva lichs bruh, give me a node! 😵

1 hour ago, Kage_Senshi-o said:

Who's bright idea was it for players never to get a chance to kill the stalker once and for all? Exactly what purpose is such a phenomenon supposed to serve? It's only fair if we can earn an opportunity to be done with him at some point, is it not?

But to answer your question, the Stalker has never found his Operator and therefore cannot be killed. We would need to locate his Operator, which is probably a bad idea. Or it's us because DE released that player-controlled stalker system they never mentioned again. Either way, dropz. Now if you could address that Kuva lich node situation, though...

Why? What's the big deal?

At worst you are a noob and/or on an unleveled/unmodded loadout with no operator to remove his resistances and die once and continue playing. At best he dies one second after he spawned. If anything I want Stalker mode to be a thing so he might become actually dangerous across the board again.

If you let stalker spawn next to the defense target and he destroys it: happened to me as well. Once. If it happens more than once it's on you (or your marked squad mate).

The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

I hated him too early on. Stalker always seemed to show up when I was leveling; never when using my best gear. Shadow Stalker though, is a lot easier. His melee is hard-hitting yup but he loses a lot of his first incarnation's skill as he prefers to tank and melee you. If he has marked you just keep a solid melee with you and put differing statuses on your weapons. Sure he can Adapt to your Toxin Shedu but not your Viral+Heat Zaw say. Alternate with him and easy.

My Ivara laughed.. long and hard. See whilst he does cancel Warframe abilities it only works on directed ones and on him arriving. Wait until he's visible then Prowl. Just one of my Daikyu arrows can 1-shot him or the damage ticks for Slash, Heat and Viral following do the job.

Once you have this sort of setup, Stalker stops being scary more as said above; an easy loot fountain :p

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Gentleman_Raven_ said:

He was a terror at low levels, now it's like "Really? You want another butt whuppin'? Well, okay...".

But if you don't want him showing up, don't run Assassinate missions. That's what gives him a chance at showing up in your missions.

It's specifically making the killing blow,  so you can run assassinations in groups and just let someone else kill the boss.

Archived