Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

controversial opinion, the helminth system is overrated and it gives excuses for not reworking or buffing warframes.

Timothy_Mark

1 hour ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

It is definately a crutch for DE.

Reworks and tweaks already happened way to slow.  

More like it removes a bone of contention for players...

DE has will likely continue to buff and nerf where and when they see fit.

If anything, I'd be more concerned about blanket nerfs to mechanics because Helminth does now exist.

On 2020-10-18 at 5:21 AM, Timothy_Mark said:

it makes it easier for the devs to make excuses to not buff/rework waframe abilities or waframes as a whole,

in all honesty they don't even hide behind excuses. They simply don't care.

Nekros for example. His only meaningful change he received in last 5...years (?) was to his onetrick ability - despoil, where nekros used to spam it constantly, while now its on toggle.

DE doesn't bother fixing frames/abilities in dire need of help, just as they don't return to the old content they relased to make it better. Some minor adjustments or facelifting - sure. Anything bigger, ha, nope.

the worst parts about Xaku are their steal guns move not being able to attack the ones that are under enemy confused ability(i keep forgetting)  and those guns always be targetting the invulnerable target near all the enemies that are armor stripped ... 

I hope this is not intentional ....... it better be not intentional.

10 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

It is definately a crutch for DE.

Reworks and tweaks already happened way to slow.  

I'd rather they release new playable content all 2021 than get bullied into reworking 20 warframes all 2021, and if Helminth gives them that long-term peace of mind, it was a noteworthy addition. Now they have one less thing to backtrack to- now if they could just do something similar with the riven system.

No amount of whining will make enough time in a day to make new things and address old ones at the same time.

Your gonna have to give specific examples rather than general hyperbole. It might seem like it frustrates an existing problem, but your imagining that DE needed an excuse to ignore unbalanced and weak frames. Yeah, that was gonna happen no matter what, maybe because they lack the resources, maybe because they lack priority, either way, it's happening. 

Yeah, if DE didn’t pre nerf those abilities we likely wouldn’t be having these concerns. The Helminth system has already provided statistics on what abilities need improving. But with all the choices DE is making with Helminth it’s more than obvious it’s potential to help improve the game is going to be wasted.

And I hope it doesn’t replace reworks. I don’t see it doing that, but these days I genuinely can’t say for certain.

On 2020-10-17 at 9:37 PM, (PS4)thegarada said:

Ironically, everything you said is just false.  Weaker frames tend to have 1 or more bad skills, so dropping these results in a major improvement. Strong frames tend to have 4 strong, and sometimes synergistic, skills, so you end up around the same with a more specific niche.

And, the statistics from Helminth already got DE to start working on fixing weaker skills.

The system adds the most diversity in builds the game have seen in years. As for needing the Helminth, I could say that about nearly anything. Do we need rivens? Do we need to re-roll rivens? Do we need operator? Do we need Umbra mods? Do we need corrupted mods? Do we need mods?

the major point is that rivens are basically like lootboxes but for weapons, as for operators, umbra modes, corrupted mots, etc those arent RNG  you basically upgrade them and nothing else, as for rivens they are RNG, which encourages people to go for lootbox like ways to bait people in, as if rivens were removed imho and the devs focused on weapon balancing, it would make things alot better and less RNG like. 

10 minutes ago, Timothy_Mark said:

the major point is that rivens are basically like lootboxes but for weapons, as for operators, umbra modes, corrupted mots, etc those arent RNG  you basically upgrade them and nothing else, as for rivens they are RNG, which encourages people to go for lootbox like ways to bait people in, as if rivens were removed imho and the devs focused on weapon balancing, it would make things alot better and less RNG like. 

Lootboxes are generally locked behind a paywall or limited grindwall. That would make the lootbox arguement somewhat inaccurate. Also the premium currency and the rivens can all be trades. Lootboxes typically cannot be, nor can currency in games that rely heavily on lootbox mechanics. 

Some games the items you can get can be traded or sold, but typically that (at least to my very limited understanding) is via in game currency (credits in warframe) or on steam market (irl cash only). The plat economy is more liquid that something like that id say. 

Though i get what you mean, how its a lottery of sorts. 

That said, its not a cash lottery which contradicts the lootbox general concept. 

Perhaps if we are lucky, theyll rework kuva and let us use blue kuva to reroll the rivens ans red kuva to lock stats. 

NABERUS 

9 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Xaku that’s because if DE left the second community Warframe as the worst Warframe in the game the community would not be happy.

OP said the helminth system gave the devs an excuse to not rework frames. Reworks don't seem to come along often but there has already been one rework since the helminth system was released. The reason for Xaku rework doesn't really matter.

I don't like that DE releases Xaku in an unfinished state. If a frame isn't ready to be released it should not be. With more internal testing DE might realize that the frame isn't ready. They should also let the community extensively test frames prior to release to give feedback on things DE might not have considered. If DE wasn't releasing frames that immediately needed a rework they could focus on reworking frames that already exist.   

Archived