Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Loki actually need a rework?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

The thing they should do is simply rework decoy and switch teleport and turn them into one ability with a few small changes. Then they can either give him a new 3 or move his 4 to spot 3 and give him a new 4.

The new Decoy+Teleport would work like this.

Tap = Switch Teleport

Hold = Spawn a decoy at reticle.

His new 3 or 4 could be a Decoy overchange. Can only be used with Decoy active, the ability overcharges the hologram and lets it benefit from the mods slotted in your secondary weapon. Each shot reduces the duration of the hologram by 1 second. 

9 hours ago, Aldain said:

People just say "You're playing him wrong" while ignoring that he doesn't actually do anything other than walk around invisible with a big weapon, even worse he can be made irrelevant by a single Octavia showing up because she does damage, CC and invisibility.

Well, to be fair, he does do a lot more than that and Disco Duck makes everything irrelevant without exception.

2 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

Yup, as I thought. Haven't played Nyx lol.

No, I’ve played Nyx. And everything she does other frames do infinitely better and don’t have severe handicaps.

Mind Control is useless.

Psychic bolts is decent, but there’s frames that can actually do other things outside of armor strip.

Chaos is kind of a joke at this point. A good CC with either prevent enemies from attacking you, render enemies immobile, or move enemies into a selected location. Chaos does none of those things. All it really does is just shorten enemy FoV when other enemies are nearby. Seriously even Hildryns 4 is better than Chaos, and that ability has its own set of issues.

Absorb. Does it make you invincible? Yes. But it also renders you completely immobile and can’t do anything else, or makes you incredibly slow while giving you access to your guns for use. And when the direct competition to that is a bunch of tank abilities that, while they don’t make you invincible, make you incredibly difficult to kill and don’t restrict your movement.It’s damage output is also pitiful. 

Well , i dont think he has ever been reworked, cause he is good enough where he is. I dont think he needs a rework either.

That being said , some "get up to date" changes would be welcome.

Decoy is easily destroyed and is not very effective as a distraction for the same purpose beyond star chart (unless you are someone that knows all the holes in the game where enemies cant shoot into) being a literal sitting duck (quack?) also does not help. its augment are ... a little odd , sure absorbing fatal damage is good so is getting shared health , but in most scenarios the decoy will be dead before you are so it will defeat the purpose , you could set it up sure , but not sure why you would want to work extra for it.

Make it invincible and its a lot more useful - banish and decoy combo kinda makes this evident.

Switch teleport does have a rather useful augment , but if i needed a support i would use something else, getting switch teleported is also disorienting and can usually cause more harm than the temporary invincibility. I still feel its a good enough mobility ability and is fun.

Doesnt really need changes, maybe some speed boost on switching ? or inflicting radiation proc on switched enemy would help , not sure.

3 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Hey, isn't that Trinity? She hasn't had a nerf in ages. Quick, go deal with that and forget that this thread even exists.

Trinity can make a whole team invincible with either Vampire Leech or Bless by abusing shieldgating.

That's far from mediocre.

I do not think he needs much.

I think decoy should be evolved to something more up with the times.  Something roaming and pulls agro, yet thats all it does.  I'm not certain, but i suspect alot of the mechanics used elsewhere likely didnt exist at the time he was made.  Just less static placement, and lasts longer.

I dont know what to do with switch teleport.  It just needs to be something even slightly viable rather than completely dead.  Maybe very short, small radius cc.  So it feels like i should use it to jump into the middle of a group.

Cloak and disarm are fine and should remove the core of who he is.

he is 1 of the oldest frames thats had pretty much zero things done to his kit and suffered nothing bad from this, ivara may have more tricks but loki can still sprint all over the place at full speed totally invisible nuking everything in sight, combined with quick thinking, he is fine as he is tbh, why break something thats not broken in the first place.

13 hours ago, Xyngrr said:

Loki doesn't need a rework for the simple reason that even if his kit is old, all the parts still work.
He's not a walking tenno space magic nuke, he's not a wall of biosteel, what he is is one of the few frames that embraces actual stealth play. When that fails, when YOU fail, you have guns. If they know you're there, either you screwed up or it no longer matters if they see you because they are already in a trap and beyond hope.
Those saying 'the game has moved beyond stealth' who then proceed to point at damage frames that can also invis don't get the point of Loki and why he needs to keep the kit he has.
Your Data, Commander, or Captive may be gone, but it couldn't have been Loki.  He wasn't there ... or was he? 

He could use a tweak or two, but a rework is not required.
- Decoys if not augmented should be invulnerable.
- Decoys have an additional loot vacuum radius and collect for Loki.
- Decoy can be moved from spot to spot by aiming and holding the Decoy button. Decoy then moves as a warframe specter does to the aimpoint. Chase the hologram, little grineer! What fun! Aiming at an enemy directly and holding causes the Decoy to focus on it, making the Decoy that targets highest priority ( bosses exempt to exclusivity, of course ). Directly aiming at the Decoy and holding cancels the Decoy.

Invisibility is still good, disarming enemies is still good, decoy needs a touchup, switch teleport is the weakest of the bunch simply because it's not a viably spammable skill and is really annoying to other players, even though it's utility with decoy is an excellent designed purpose. Honestly, Switch teleport is the one ability I don't use much except with decoy. 

Plus, when combined with the right mods and Arcane, Loki can do a lot of damage with weapon fire. The Proton mod set and Arcane Arachne are extremely useful on a frame that can wall latch for 60 seconds.

Archived