The poetic irony behind the naberus event complaints

vor 5 Stunden schrieb (PS4)ChaosTheNerd:

What annoys me even more about the complaints about no boss fight or special mission is that I can 100% guarantee that if they were to implement a boss or a special mission people would complain about the mission being boring or unoriginal or repetitive, and we will be in an endless loop of youtube videos complaining and sending their drones to the forums to whine and spout their endless prattle. I think thats what frustrates me the most out of these smug takes and complaints. There's just no winning.

So let's recap - people are complaining that the event is making people do boring, unoriginal and repetitive bounties that were already in the game, and this is somehow unjustified because these complaints are the same as the imaginary complaints an imaginary actual new thing would have gotten in your head, thus there is no winning.

Sure.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Krankbert said:

So let's recap - people are complaining that the event is making people do boring, unoriginal and repetitive bounties that were already in the game, and this is somehow unjustified because these complaints are the same as the imaginary complaints an imaginary actual new thing would have gotten in your head, thus there is no winning.

Sure.

I get it, but if we go by DEs event history he’s probably correct in this assumption.

• Like 1
vor 10 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face:

I get it, but if we go by DEs event history he’s probably correct in this assumption.

Well, in the hypothetical scenario I'm imagining people aren't complaining at all and he's still making a smug post based on things he made up, which by this thread's logic makes him also a hypocrite. There's just no winning with this guy.

Edited by Krankbert
  • Like 2
30 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Sure.

excellent recap

the framing of the OP is nonsense

all these threads that leverage relevance by addressing some falsely constructed group of players need to stop

if you want to say "I like the naberus event and how I don't have to grind a boss, forma be damned, can get it elsewhere", just say it

you can't preface it by a priori smearing anyone not agreeing with you as being inconsisent or complaining excessively

that's just a cheap trick. maybe people have used it successfully before but now and then someone will see right through it.

• Like 1

would have preferred a mission honestly, but this is fine. it's about as casual as an event can possibly get, so you can guarantee the next event -whatever it is - will require a little more dedication. or more likely it'll be the return of Scarlet Spear or something.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Well, in the hypothetical scenario I'm imagining people aren't complaining at all and he's still making a smug post based on things he made up, which by this thread's logic makes him also a hypocrite. There's just no winning with this guy.

If you want to see the actual complaining I am referring to, read the reply sections

34 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

Sure.

I'm not imagining everything, but pop off,

I already stated the legitimate flaw with this event and how it isnt incentivising players with plenty of mother tokens to participate.

The difference between doing those boring bounties is that you're not under such an excessive time constraint, you dont have to run meta gear, and you dont have to worry about the event bugging out.

5 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

excellent recap

the framing of the OP is nonsense

all these threads that leverage relevance by addressing some falsely constructed group of players need to stop

if you want to say "I like the naberus event and how I don't have to grind a boss, forma be damned, can get it elsewhere", just say it

you can't preface it by a priori smearing anyone not agreeing with you as being inconsisent or complaining excessively

that's just a cheap trick. maybe people have used it successfully before but now and then someone will see right through it.

See through what? I addressed the complaints (as nonsensical as they are)  as what they are, if you dont like me acknowledging and dismantling your ridiculous complaints about this event, then it's best to use your efforts somewhere else.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Serafim_94 said:

Calling it an "event" is still a stretch though. I know we have pretty low bar for those things, but still - this is literally just a shop.

To you it may not be incentivizing, but to others it might be worth playing, that's what happens with all events whether irl or ingame.

2 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

Calling the current nights of naberus an event is like calling baro an event, it's just a store. Plague star gets repetitive yes, but so does doing bounties over and over and over again.

The gimmick missions from past halloween events atleast had you do something different instead of the same old bounties but we didnt even get those back. 

The previous events were a 1 and done thing, you complete the missions in like a day and forget about its exist for the remainder of its days, not exactly different much imo

Well if I'm in the need of forma I think the answer is pretty simple there. No other forma farm can even begin to compare to plague star. Some people would rather get their forma in bulk instead of having to log in every day for a few months to build blueprints. If you dont need forma then that's great for you.

You really should look into the faster ways to get forma aside from plague star because I can assure they exist, just google it.

So the answer is just giving up? Cant please everyone so might aswell release nothing? 

The grind for this so called event is very tame. I started from roughly a 100 mother tokens (I dont have a huge amount of them because guess what, I got bored of regular bounties) and after 4 steel path bounties I have bought almost all the new things, just missing the weapon skins now.

DE has problems balancing the grind with how long a mission is fun to do, dog days suffered from that a lot. But if they stop trying, they'll never get it right. They had a real chance to improve but just didnt bring out anything new.

I don't work at de so I personally dont understand why they released it as is. They could be putting more resources into something more important to them than some Halloween event, who knows tbh.

• Like 1

Honestly I get why people are complaining, but let me present my BS lazy advice: stop complaining and be happy we at least got something. Is it what you wanted? No? Well at least it's here and you can do it. Don't like it? Ok so don't do it. You know I'm not the biggest fan of the bounties now since they're getting repedative but at least it's mother tokens rather than some thing like son or grandma tokens. 

TL,DR: stop complaining and be glad you have the event(I'm calling it an event cause it's just simple and arguably easy to understand)  at least. 

The only interesting events that DE has done over the years have been plague star and murex. But they forgot to have the rewards changed every 24 hours for some items. DE had to do more random things, apart from skins, of course, they don't add anything to the game, but useful things for players and fun. DE is lacking in creativity, care and unpredictability. Things are too static and we need to end this. The nw is a static system, highly boring, and unfortunately irritating with the voice of nora. A lot needs to be done to polish the game. Treat your breadwinner with more affection!

Edited by Luciole77
vor 4 Minuten schrieb (PS4)ChaosTheNerd:

The previous events were a 1 and done thing, you complete the missions in like a day and forget about its exist for the remainder of its days, not exactly different much imo

Naturally I can only talk for myself but I quite enjoyed both the jack'o'naut mission and the lantern survival.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb (PS4)ChaosTheNerd:

You really should look into the faster ways to get forma aside from plague star because I can assure they exist, just google it.

Googling forma farm lists a lot of videos about plague star. I really hope you dont mean rare crates.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb (PS4)ChaosTheNerd:

I don't work at de so I personally dont understand why they released it as is. They could be putting more resources into something more important to them than some Halloween event, who knows tbh.

Well that may be true but that as excuse doesnt make nights of naberus better either.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

See through what? I addressed the complaints (as nonsensical as they are)  as what they are, if you dont like me acknowledging and dismantling your ridiculous complaints about this event, then it's best to use your efforts somewhere else.

You haven’t dismantled anything, I think it’s time we acknowledge the gray area in this debate. You make some valid points in your OP, but the people saying this is a weak event also have valid points.

Everything is not black and white.

• Like 2

As to the OP. "complaining is bad".

Complaining is normal, healthy and absolutely mandatory.

You got different player types, customer segments, with different preferences. Different age groups, variable time at their disposal, different in-come groups, different cultural background and so on. They don't all want the same, they don't all enjoy the same. Naturally.

Nothing is just good or just bad period. Searching for some end it all perfect solution with no more complaining or problems is retirement. You always move forward exclusively based on the idea things can get be better. Complacent.

In all actuality, the more you look into things, the more questions come out. Not answers.

A subject might have 19 positive variables and 19 negative variables, that themselves have variables, they have dynamic synergy, unforseen consequences or hidden outcomes. Couple that with maybe 10 or 15 player types or however many.

What is reality then.

So everyone's job as a dedicated player is high lighting your experience and the variables that concern you. You represent your segment with your variables.

Nothing is an invalid complaint but it's also not an invalid complaint, complaining over other people's complaints. Pvp might be irrelevant to you, some might care great about lore, others ignore it. What is the connection between solo players and lore? Well we might find that out reading their complaints.

The developer's jobs is gathering up all that information and making an educated choice, hopefully based on metrics, for the best choice for the health of the game, which could mean ignoring what you say completely.

But that doesn't mean what you had say, didn't have to be added as legit data.

So don't be discouraged when people hate your preferences or you get ignored completely, it's all completely normal.

Thankfully in warframe we have some of probably the only developers on earth who have the fortitude to look at it professionally and engage with the players.

Of course work aside no one is a robot, so there is nothing wrong with adding a little love on the side here and there.

• Like 3

I can't understand why people can't dedicate one day to do a bunch of relics stock up on formas and just login to collect and build and when your low just repeat.

Plague star is a terrible event it was okay for the first time then it was a horrendous slog the following times. It's one bounty with no variation that boils down to go the same cave cause the game will never pick any others , defend mixer for a mintue too long kill infested or fight reskinned lephantis 3 times and repeat. It sucks 

Naberus is better cause it gives some lore and lets me do what i want for the bounties, i can mix up my gameplay for it. And with plague star rewards here it helps with what i hope they do is have modular parts for other area cross over with each other like the upcoming kitgun parts. I hope cetus get grinner kitgun parts and fortuna get corpus zaw parts i want these areas to cross with each other

3 hours ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

your attempt to give undue relevance, weight and credence to your opinion at the expense of other people's ability to freely express their opinion, because you've already smeared them as complainers

• Like 1

If you don't wanna play the mission over and over then just don't do that? No one is forcing you to farm forma

I used to just get around 10 then stop playing the event, that's still far more gameplay than just a half assed shop

10 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

your attempt to give undue relevance, weight and credence to your opinion at the expense of other people's ability to freely express their opinion, because you've already smeared them as complainers

if they were actually bringing up legitimate talking points to get their point across like how the event is not incentivizing players with thousands of mother tokens to play, I wouldnt view them as complainers, but to say such nonsense as this event being worse then plague star because we cant run the same dumb mission again and again and again for some cheap reward that is already obtainable through multiple areas of the game or we dont get a special boss fight (even though they would 9 times out of 10 complain about the boss or mission being boring and repetitive). Its incredibly predictable , as I myself have witnessed this go down again and again and again (some that I am guilty of part taking in). People can complain and express their opinion as much as they want im not saying you cant, but if your so sensitive that when someone bites back against your opinion, then youre not exactly making a point here.

• Like 1

Plague Star was speedrunnable and rewarding. More so if you play faster. Deimos bounties contain "waiting" objectives, are buggy and everyone has been spamming these already anyway since deimos is still new and stuff from bounties were needed. Therefore all we got was a shop. Do you honestly think that people who have been playing bounties forever for tokens to trade in for other tokens, farm scintillants etc., would appreciate having to go through the same bounties all over again just now? Keep in mind that players that have started this february could have experienced a new and rewarding bounty if DE had chosen to return Plague Star.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, trst said:

The community certainly isn't a hive mind but man is it impossible to please.

If you are aware of this, why do you act surprised? The only way nobody would complain is that we would all be connected to each other, all sharing the same thoughts as a single unified mind. Seems like a redundent thread.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

Plague Star was speedrunnable and rewarding. More so if you play faster. Deimos bounties contain "waiting" objectives, are buggy and everyone has been spamming these already anyway since deimos is still new and stuff from bounties were needed. Therefore all we got was a shop. Do you honestly think that people who have been playing bounties forever for tokens to trade in for other tokens, farm scintillants etc., would appreciate having to go through the same bounties all over again just now? Keep in mind that players that have started this february could have experienced a new and rewarding bounty if DE had chosen to return Plague Star.

Plague star being rewarding is a bit subjective but whos to say it cant be enjoyable to you

Plague star contained the waiting points in the mission to the point where the mission will straight up bug out and the boss refuses to spawn, tbh i think this is a greater issue with the game in general

Regarding the tokens, Im personally indifferent to the bounties because you dont have to run them all the time, since you have practically a month to farm as many tokens as you want on your own time with whatever loadout you want. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, (PS4)ChaosTheNerd said:

if they were actually bringing up legitimate talking points to get their point across like how the event is not incentivizing players with thousands of mother tokens to play, I wouldnt view them as complainers, but to say such nonsense as this event being worse then plague star because we cant run the same dumb mission again and again and again for some cheap reward that is already obtainable through multiple areas of the game or we dont get a special boss fight (even though they would 9 times out of 10 complain about the boss or mission being boring and repetitive). Its incredibly predictable , as I myself have witnessed this go down again and again and again (some that I am guilty of part taking in). People can complain and express their opinion as much as they want im not saying you cant, but if your so sensitive that when someone bites back against your opinion, then youre not exactly making a point here.

they don't need "talking points", the facts speak for themselves

there is a fact that plague star was something, it was content and now we have almost nothing, a shell of an event; an event without the event

plague star had squad strategies, you could actually be good at it and master it. for many players, it was fun for a while at least, until the well-practiced routine becomes really repetitive

i remember people in public squads making positive comments on the plague star mission, people rarely complained how boring and repetitive it is; when people got bored of it they'd just go on and do other missions - that's how it went for a majority of players, and these are historic truths, not "talking points"

the voiced lines were nice

the concept of one faction sort of invading another faction's open world was a natural design direction that could have been (and still can be) developed

there were good things about plague star, and bad things, but you automatically invalidate people's actual feelings on plague star which are much more nuanced with how you call them complainers and drones sent from youtube videos

why do you need this padding, this extra protection to reinforce your view?

Edited by Traubenzuckr
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

they don't need "talking points", the facts speak for themselves

there is a fact that plague star was something, it was content and now we have almost nothing, a shell of an event; an event without the event

plague star had squad strategies, you could actually be good at it and master it. for many players, it was fun for a while at least, until the well-practiced routine becomes really repetitive

i remember people in public squads making positive comments on the plague star mission, people rarely complained how boring and repetitive it is; when people got bored of it they'd just go on and do other missions - that's how it went for a majority of players, and these are historic truths, not "talking points"

the voiced lines were nice

the concept of one faction sort of invading another faction's open world was a natural design direction that could have been (and still can be) developed

sure you can make anything event good by phrasing it like that, i can do that too but in reverse, 

plague star was bottom tier content that barely constitutes as an event, 

plague stars squad strategies is barely a thing worth glorifying, your either dps, dmg buffer, support, or the transporter, not exactly difficult jobs ingame when most of the time you only have to click a single button or shoot at a very obvious target

i remember being told to off myself in mission when i was recruited because players didnt like the weapons i brought, and having players telling me to go screw myself while leaving in the middle of the match, your experience and my experience are not the majority of the players's experience, these are not truths, but talking points. god its like trying to pass off your opinion as an objective fact, its simply not.

sorry but i dont want to listen to konzu referring to vay hek as a rejected skin graft for over 100 times in a row 

"the concept of one faction sort of invading another faction's open world was a natural design direction that could have been (and still can be) developed"

the new war, scarlet spear ring any bells to you?

10 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

there were good things about plague star, and bad things, but you automatically invalidate people's actual feelings on plague star which are much more nuance with how you call them complainers and drones sent from youtube videos

why do you need this padding, this extra protection to reinforce your view?

and there were many bad things about plague star, im not invalidating anyones opinions aside from the ones who say this event is "objectivley" worse then plague star, when most of them formed their opinions from some warframe youtuber, it has happened too many times to count on the forum to deny such a thing.

what padding are you talking about, ironic how you say this when you smugly used my title in another forum post to make yourself look better until i called you out and you had to come back here with this nonsense response.

• Like 1