Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could non-mission NPC dialogue be put on the speech volume slider instead?

AdunSaveMe

I love the voice lines of the characters in hubs, especially Deimos, but I absolutely do not love the constant grating in-mission messages and keep those muted. Unfortunately, I can't listen to one or the other unless I change my volume every time I go in and out of a hub.

Considering their dialogue isn't really a transmission at all, shouldn't it be on the speech slider? I would consider a transmission to be the popup messages in missions, things actually *transmitted* to you; not the actual words coming out of a character's mouth as they fester in front of you. Their ambient dialogue is affected by the speech slider, like Otak saying "will you be mine?" but their speech when you're actually talking to them is not, which is another weird inconsistency.

hmm, wouldn't Speech cover things like Cinematics, though?
i don't have the Menu in front of me so if there's a Slider for those i'm just forgetting about it.

(i'm gonna keep thinking that having a Checkbox for "do not give me tutorial messages after hearing them the first time" is the nicest solution)

Archived