2,856 hours to get my first "Bite" mod

Subject says it all: It took me 2856 (two thousand eight hundred fifty six) hours of game time to get my first "Bite" mod to drop.

I would greatly appreciate if DE could divert resources from fixing "abusive strategies" (Hello [DE]Scott) and instead fix the abusive loot system. Nothing in this game should have a drop change of 0.22%, in particular not if the enemies type is rare.

Edited by (PS4)trontor
Probably pinged the wrong Scott
  • Like 5

could have just bought it for plat (yes yes i know, but that is quite literally how DE does their game, SOMEONE has one to sell and others just et too tired to keep farming it). even if the consoles are more expensive (180-200 plat ISNT that bad....especially for someone who has 2856 hours in game

tbh, some mods ARE stupid rare. I just got my first Sure Footed (YES the BASIC one) after playing for 1832 mission hours, I finally have it. The only reason I never bought it was because Ive had the primed version from login for easily a year now.

Heck, i remember when Life Strike was crazy rare....now ive got like 15 copies of it......most of those within the last 9 months

Edited by Kalvorax

While I'm on PC, I've had several bite drop, even gave a couple away to clan mates.... it's 3.67% from sabotage supposedly

I'm never one to approve of stupidly low drop chances (ie below 5%) and do agree with 'getting rid' of them.

If you are looking for it and farm specifically for this mod, it's not that rare. Yeah, 0.22% seems impressively low, but if you want its and are willing to farm Kubrow on earth mission, there are generally 4-6 or more Kubrow dens in a capture/extermination, each spawning at least 6 Kubrow, which means the low average is around 30 Kubrow per mission you can do in 4-5 minute at a relatively slow path.
This is about 30 chances to get that 0.22% loot, which is about 6.6% chance per mission (even it's not exactly right), and you can futher increase this by playing Nekros or other loot frames. This is pretty reliable for a thing you only need to get once.

Also, you can alternatively try transmutation, which is a reilable way to get a ton of rare mods especially if you miss a lot of them. I personally got most of my rare mods wiht specific location from there (Bite, Condition Overload, rare stances, etc...).

The better way to get Bite is to run Cervantes, Earth and find all 3 caches. It definitely requires more runs than Shell Shock or High Voltage on Naeglar, but it's much faster than waiting for a Kubrow to drop it.

Also, where did you get 0.22%? It's a 0.01% drop from Kubrows. By comparison, it's 3.67% from Cervantes, Earth (rotation C).

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Bite

30 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

While I'm on PC, I've had several bite drop, even gave a couple away to clan mates.... it's 3.67% from sabotage supposedly

I'm never one to approve of stupidly low drop chances (ie below 5%) and do agree with 'getting rid' of them.

>5% is not rare. 1% is 1/100, and that is not rare either.

9 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

>5% is not rare. 1% is 1/100, and that is not rare either.

you might want to read what I've actually written.... I never said rare, I said stupidly low drop chances....

Also in regards to your later comments, there is nothing wrong with rng loot if the loot drop tables have an acceptable 'minimum threshold' for the 'rarest' items to drop, the issue with warframe is the stupidly low drop rates on some items which are purely about pushing players towards trade, which can also mean plat sales... essentially the low drop chance is a (poorly thought out) method to sell plat. 

Abysmal droprates gated behind several RNG walls are nothing new in Warframe. Remember sentients only available on Lua? When they didn't spawn right next to the Oculysts but simply somewhere? When the Oculysts themselves spawned somewhere, too? Let's say, you wanted a War part or Vengeful Revenant. Half of the time, you didn't find the Oculysts in time (or they simply didn't spawn at all, even after Lotus said so). When you actually did find them, half of the time no Conculyst spawned but only two Battalysts. Half of the time, sentients will only drop a rare material and nothing else and then there was the lootpool containig 10+ possible drops... Farming anything under these circumstances is actually a waste of time imo. The same was done with the exclusive mods from PoE Commanders back in the day. You had to be lucky, that one of the bounty steps was an assassination,  then there was a random chance regarding the type of commander and the n again a 10+ items loot pool... The recent iteration of this crap is Necramech mods... Single enemies with low dropchances and big lootpools = waste of time.

19 hours ago, (PS4)trontor said:

Subject says it all: It took me 2856 (two thousand eight hundred fifty six) hours of game time to get my first "Bite" mod to drop.

I would greatly appreciate if DE could divert resources from fixing "abusive strategies" (Hello [DE]Scott) and instead fix the abusive loot system. Nothing in this game should have a drop change of 0.22%, in particular not if the enemies type is rare.

The problem I see with this logic is the focus that hours somehow directly indicating how many parts of the game you have completed. As a person who often ran Cervantes, I'm currently sitting on 5 Bite mods with 2600 hours, having sold a few when they were worth more.

The odds can really seem low if you are just trying to farm it, but doing the farm consistently over a longer period or not solely for the mod can lessen the burnout quite a bit.

Lets take that 3.67% chance, that's an average of 27.248 runs per mod. And lets say it takes about 5 minutes to complete the mission. (This is quite easily possible if you know the map, last stage can basically be skipped due to enemies not being able to deal enough damage to kill the systems in time) That makes it take an average of 136.24 minutes to get the mod, slightly more than two hours. Sure, this is only the average case, but that is not an insane amount of time to get a mod that you technically only need one of. (Personally I'd farm a lot more, but at that point I can't complain about droprates since it is above what is really intended)

If you haven't used Cervantes to try and get it, then I can definitely see how the dropchance seems low, but then you would now know where to get it much easier.

I personally found the Bite "farm" much more fun than many others, as you can use acquired knowledge and speedbuilds to speed it up dramatically, unlike many endless missions. eg. Rotation C survival, defense, interception or ESO.

I eventually got my Bite to drop after many runs of Cervantes, but that too was several thousands of hours into the game. I spent obviously less time than that farming the mod, but given that it's a single mod, the several hours taken to farm it I still think aren't justified. Its drop chance could certainly stand to be increased on Drahks and Kubrows, as despite killing thousands of them I hadn't had the mood drop even once.