Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens in sortie reward pool?

(NSW)Edcaous

someone who DOESN'T want a Riven every time they do a sortie. my, what a rare breed OP is...

Palladino acts as a guaranteed way to get Rivens for those with Bad RNG luck: the Slivers are the most common drop on Requiem Relics so running enough T5 fissures gets you a Riven Each week regardless, plus they can drop in Steel Path as well. there's nothing wrong with this system, in fact it's a good thing; not everyone can be swimming in the purple, you know?

at least reaching MR30 gives you another 30 slots, that should tide over even the most hungry of metaheads, if only for about 1-2 weeks.

10 hours ago, (NSW)Edcaous said:

Is there still a reason why we have these as a reward for completing

speak for yourself... Rivens are so freakishly rare of a "common" drop that I stopped even bothering with sortie. 

I have this tinfoil conspiracy theory that the more rivens you have to the max capacity you can carry, the lower chance of you getting a riven is. Starts quite peachy when you don't have as many rivens, but once you are close to max it's a miracle you get 1 a month. 

Is there a reason you don't just scrap your latest Riven when you're capped?

If you don't want more from them then you shouldn't be wanting Rivens in the first place. If you run them for any of the other rewards you can get all of them more consistently from other places.

14 minutes ago, trst said:

Is there a reason you don't just scrap your latest Riven when you're capped?

If you don't want more from them then you shouldn't be wanting Rivens in the first place. If you run them for any of the other rewards you can get all of them more consistently from other places.

I always hit the riven cap and if I got some PL i buy slots, or sell them veiled, or I gift them to my brother, or I open them, or I transmute them (in that order), you can even  convert them in endo and credits... I mean you can do a lot of things already when you hit the cap, but the mere existence of being "forced" to hit that cap (if you do sorties regularly you'll hit the cap someday) and "forced" to dealt with all those posibilities, even for people that don't want to even look those pruple mods. 

I think that riven silvers should be the solution since they don't interfere with any cap, the only remaining thing to migrate to "just shards" system would be balacing the "cooldown" on how many rivens you can buy per day and per week. 1 per day sounds reasonable to me, since you could get one from sorties and is not guaranted, with the shard system you'll be getting less if you were getting 1 per day from sorties, but at least it's guaranted... Maybe just a bigger cap per week than now but less than 1 per day sounds more realistic. Also the shards should be considered resources for helminth in case you really hate the riven system.

Archived