Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[QoL] Mirage Eclipse tooltip Fix - just work like a "Light-Meter"

WaifuJanna

Right now the Eclipse spell is super weird, It always show the 75% dmg reduction OR the 200% dmg buff.. even if you are not even close to the 200% buff or 75% dmg reduction...

Since Warframe doesn't work like this: (how the skill description should work to begin with)

• Lightning Yes - Darkness No
  • Darkness Yes - Lightning No

Its more like this and this is super confusing since the tooltip never changes.:

• A bit Lightning - A bit more Darkness
  • A bit more Lightning - A bit less Darkness
  • More Lightning - less Darkness
  • Much More Lightning - much less Darkness
  • Very Much More Lightning - Very Much Less Darkness

So my suggestion is a Quality of Life thing and FIX, just make it Shows CORRECT values, and actually put the TIMER (the same as other buffs) there.

I post a screenshot to explain how it works now, and how to improve/Fix it.

hDvSk0k.png

vor 8 Stunden schrieb DrivaMain:

No need to overcomplicate it. Light mechanic is terrible and impractical. No one is gonna miss it.

no the mechanic is not terrible its actualy super fun and needs positioning, the only thing that is frustrateing that the tootlip is not correct.

I mean, the only real reason its not a toggle is because, if it was, it would be nothing more than a better version of Chroma's Vex armor and Rhino's Roar or any other damage buffing ability.

Lets face it. It would be a single button press and suddenly we have a 800% boosted damage if it was a toggle.

DE's not going to have it, I think, and its dependency on light is there purely to balance it with others... (Yes, Mirage's Eclipse works at night after the hotfix)

You may not like it, (Hell, I don't either), but it seems we are not supposed to, and just deal with it.

Honestly, I would rather opt in for some QoLs, because some parts of the map gives DR/Damage buffs even if their apparent surrounding lighting doesn't seem to match...

It really does need a better indicator.

a Unique UI element like we have for Gauss, ember, nezha, nidus etc. would help but simple number identifiers are good too.

Currently mirage is popular even without relying on eclipse so i do not see her as being a focus for the devs,

it did not come with her PA , i doubt they will make the changes now.

Or just scrap the mechanic entirely. It doesn't matter how well information on it is displayed if there is virtually zero consistency in it relating to the actual light values of the map.

It either needs to work in a predictable manner or get completely reworked and decoupled from local lighting. Otherwise it'll still be an rng driven buff most of the time.

I'm with the people saying that a light level indicator on Mirage's hud would solve the problem. There's a lot of interesting potential to be had with a frame whose properties change with the ambient light level, and making that visible to the player would be a good first step toward harnessing said potential.

12 hours ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

Garret's light gem worked on a different system & engine.

Yes, I'm aware of that.

I'm also aware how trivial it is to check the lightmap/dynamic level at the floor or any other salient point on a model bounding volume or limb and average the results of multiple probes, which you then index into a precooked ordered list of light> dark effect and change the brightness of a UI sprite element and the buff the skill provides based on this. The Dark engine had this tech literally decades ago ( which was cool to leverage at the time ), now it's literally trivial to implement.

The simplicity of the task does not equate to the amount of yelling we're having to do to get this ' 3 hours on a friday ' QOL task implemented, so there's obviously other concerns with us having accurate and useful indicators as to the state of our warframe power.

On 2020-10-23 at 11:31 AM, Xyngrr said:

Yes, I'm aware of that.

I'm also aware how trivial it is to check the lightmap/dynamic level at the floor or any other salient point on a model bounding volume or limb and average the results of multiple probes, which you then index into a precooked ordered list of light> dark effect and change the brightness of a UI sprite element and the buff the skill provides based on this. The Dark engine had this tech literally decades ago ( which was cool to leverage at the time ), now it's literally trivial to implement.

The simplicity of the task does not equate to the amount of yelling we're having to do to get this ' 3 hours on a friday ' QOL task implemented, so there's obviously other concerns with us having accurate and useful indicators as to the state of our warframe power.

Aware they are different game engines, but can Evolution engine do what you want? Eclipse was behaving weird depending if people turned on /off shaders and shadows for Chrissakes.

Archived