Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Going on Strike for better (lethal) traps.

AreeSoothsayer

Yea, I'm serious. Whenever someone sets off one of the shiny new corpus traps. I consider it game over and leave. The corpus have made Ambulus, Nullifiers, Scrambus, Bursa, Amalgum, Razorback, Zenuka, even the Orbs.

However their Anti-Warframe traps are a joke.

So from now on, even if it's just me, I will consider a trap that has been triggered as a Failed mission.

2 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

So from now on, even if it's just me, I will consider a trap that has been triggered as a Failed mission.

Good for you I guess.

You might want to explain what you are actually expecting from traps. Quickly lethal traps are obviously a terrible idea.

Just now, krc473 said:

Good for you I guess.

You might want to explain what you are actually expecting from traps. Quickly lethal traps are obviously a terrible idea.

Except that is what traps are supposed to be. They either lock you down (beartrap) or wound/kill you (Landmine) and the corpus have been fighting the warframes for years. So they would know those are laughable traps.

2 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Except that is what traps are supposed to be. They either lock you down (beartrap) or wound/kill you (Landmine) and the corpus have been fighting the warframes for years. So they would know those are laughable traps.

Honestly, would not mind this concept on higher level places like Sorties and Steel Path. Just not on Arbitrations and regular starchart missions.

16 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Isn’t it also true that Warframes are meant to be advanced? Surely they should have some way of mitigating the effects of traps. 

• Trivial traps are better. Because decent ones would be complained about until they got nerfed into the ground.

As a Sortie/Nightmare mission modifier you might get away with it. But not for general play.

16 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Why does the Covenent bother sending drones or grunts to try kill the Master Chief?

Why does Dr Wily not make a 'Spike Man'?

Why does Bowser stand on a bridge with the button to drop the bridge right behind him?

It's a video game. Traps are meant to be fun to avoid or get out of. The developer's goal isn't to 'beat' the players - it's to ensure the player has a good time.

7 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Why does the Covenent bother sending drones or grunts to try kill the Master Chief?

Why does Dr Wily not make a 'Spike Man'?

Why does Bowser stand on a bridge with the button to drop the bridge right behind him?

It's a video game. Traps are meant to be fun to avoid or get out of. The developer's goal isn't to 'beat' the players - it's to ensure the player has a good time.

Then why is pvp so popular?

5 minutes ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Then why is pvp so popular?

Doesn't matter. The same basic principle applies - the Developer's job is still to ensure the players have a good time in the space that they've created. They just trade out enemy design with many, many more considerations when it comes to player design.

2 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Doesn't matter. The same basic principle applies - the Developer's job is still to ensure the players have a good time in the space that they've created. They just trade out enemy design with many, many more considerations when it comes to player design.

Okay. Lemme spell it out since being indirect isn't working.

The traps are not currently fun to me. They're boring and just annoying how feeble they are and I am getting tired of it.

2 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

Okay. Lemme spell it out since being indirect isn't working.

The traps are not currently fun to me. They're boring and just annoying how feeble they are and I am getting tired of it.

In that case, I think you're going to need to be more specific.

Which tileset? Which traps do you have an issue with?

The new corpus traps and envoirmental hazards. Lightning field. It doesn't do more than minor damage with a slight chance of stagger. The poison... maybe really low health will have problems. Blowing up a pipe that sends out superheated gas pouring out.

I haven't run across any grineer traps really.

Can't forget the turrets... I should mention I recently got back into Fallout 4. <..< So much fun... Landmine.. Oh sh!t!! *BLAM* +..+ (rip)

On 2020-10-19 at 2:04 AM, AreeSoothsayer said:

Failed spy hacks used to send out a high damage surge of power that would down the player and set off the alarm.

Is this no longer the case? It's been a while since I failed a hack, but I believe it was still doing that last time I did. I think the damage is just too flat to be noticed by some frames. A trinity or Loki would have died instantly, but a wukong or Inaros wouldn't even notice it.

5 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Is this no longer the case? It's been a while since I failed a hack, but I believe it was still doing that last time I did. I think the damage is just too flat to be noticed by some frames. A trinity or Loki would have died instantly, but a wukong or Inaros wouldn't even notice it.

I've had off days where I failed a hack and nothing happened at all. Alarms didn't even sound.

Archived