Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Synoid) Heliocor won't scan on kills!

Y0rg0

Hello DEvs

thanks to Deimos, I need a lot of Cephalon Symaris standing for (re-)buying tons of warframes!

So I equipped the Synoid Heliocor to help me doing that job - sadly the Heliocor doesn't work (anymore):
even after hundreds of melee kills with it, I still have the same Symaris standing as before entering the mission!

please fix, manually scannig millions of mobs is boring as hell...

On 2020-10-18 at 7:09 PM, Y0rg0 said:

So I equipped the Synoid Heliocor to help me doing that job - sadly the Heliocor doesn't work (anymore):
even after hundreds of melee kills with it, I still have the same Symaris standing as before entering the mission!

please fix, manually scannig millions of mobs is boring as hell...

You do not get Simaris standing for:
- scan upon kills with the Synoid Heliocor
- scan upon kills with the regular Heliocor
- scans by Helios or Helios Prime

You were never supposed to get standing for them, this is 100% intended by DE. The only way to get Simaris standing is to manually scan enemies and do the daily scan hunt and Universal Medallions, that's it.

Unfortunately this is part of their game design philosophy, "the players should not passively gain rewards while playing".

This is why before Elite Sanctuary Onslaught to gain focus it wasn't enough to put lenses on your weapons/frames you had to pick up the spawning glowing focus nodes on the maps during missions and then kill enemies while the timer lasted.

DE maintained that this was "more engaging and fun" and refused to change it until ESO despite years and years of player feedback.

So you are stuck scanning enemies manually, some tips:
- go to high level (Steel Path) Kuva Fortress missions, the turrets in the Kuva Fortress are "leveled enemies" and can be scanned for good standing amount apart from soldiers
- the bonus standing you get after completing a daily scan hunt CAN be additional standing you get IF you filled your daily cap when you turn in the mission at Simaris

So first go to Simaris accept the daily mission, go do the scans required for the mission, you get a bunch of bonus standing for those (these dont count above your daily cap, it just speeds up you getting to your daily cap) THEN go to a high level mission with a stealth frame (stealth scanning doubles standing per scan), and scan until you max your daily cap, then go and turn in the daily task at Simaris and the extra 5/7.5/10k standing will be a bonus above your daily cap you receive.

• 4 months later...
On 2020-10-20 at 5:02 AM, hix3r said:

Unfortunately this is part of their game design philosophy, "the players should not passively gain rewards while playing".

The six main syndicates gives you rep just for playing the game and then you can go shopping with it.
Doing vault runs passively gives you lots of turn in materials for Loid.
Plenty of rep turn ins for Quills, just go hunting.

For people that have been playing 6+ year having to go back and buy all these patterns at 25,000 - 50,000 rep points is asking a lot.  It's a needless grind.  We did it already.  At no time were we ever told we should save these frame and buy slots to accommodate them.

Letting us rep grind with the Heliocor would be nice.  Otherwise, drop the rep costs down to something sane for us trying to feed the Helminth.  5000 rep max per part.  The only people with access to buy them have already completed the frames in the first place, and they're not tradable.

Nothing would break.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021-03-18 at 4:53 AM, Shatter242 said:

The six main syndicates gives you rep just for playing the game and then you can go shopping with it.
Doing vault runs passively gives you lots of turn in materials for Loid.
Plenty of rep turn ins for Quills, just go hunting.

For people that have been playing 6+ year having to go back and buy all these patterns at 25,000 - 50,000 rep points is asking a lot.  It's a needless grind.  We did it already.  At no time were we ever told we should save these frame and buy slots to accommodate them.

Letting us rep grind with the Heliocor would be nice.  Otherwise, drop the rep costs down to something sane for us trying to feed the Helminth.  5000 rep max per part.  The only people with access to buy them have already completed the frames in the first place, and they're not tradable.

Nothing would break.

Exactly, it's just bad design and should be fixed. I can max my Simaris by playing the game and capturing random targets anyway.  

On 2020-10-20 at 8:02 AM, hix3r said:

- the bonus standing you get after completing a daily scan hunt CAN be additional standing you get IF you filled your daily cap when you turn in the mission at Simaris

So first go to Simaris accept the daily mission, go do the scans required for the mission, you get a bunch of bonus standing for those (these dont count above your daily cap, it just speeds up you getting to your daily cap) THEN go to a high level mission with a stealth frame (stealth scanning doubles standing per scan), and scan until you max your daily cap, then go and turn in the daily task at Simaris and the extra 5/7.5/10k standing will be a bonus above your daily cap you receive.

I really wish you guys would quit propagating this lie that you need to turn in Simaris daily after hitting your max. THIS IS FALSE INFO YOU GUYS KEEP SPREADING. You can turn the daily in at anytime, the reward standing does not and has not ever been influenced by your max standing. It has always been a bonus.

On 2021-04-05 at 8:31 AM, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I really wish you guys would quit propagating this lie that you need to turn in Simaris daily after hitting your max. THIS IS FALSE INFO YOU GUYS KEEP SPREADING. You can turn the daily in at anytime, the reward standing does not and has not ever been influenced by your max standing. It has always been a bonus.

I think there is a misunderstanding here? I am not saying you will get less bonus depending on when you turn in the daily scan mission, you always get a fixed amount, but that fixed amount counts toward your Cephalon Simaris daily reputation limit. So if you want to maximize the reputation you earn in a day, you would first max your cap and then turn in the finished daily quest. Yes you get the same amount of bonus, but you receive that bonus even if you already reached your daily Simaris rep limit by scanning enemies.

To be super clear, you can get Simaris standing the following ways:

- scanning enemies and objects --> each amount decreases your available daily cap
- starting the daily scan mission, finding and fully scanning a daily target in a mission --> each completed target grants a big chunk of rep which decreases your available daily cap
- going back to Simaris and turning in the daily mission --> grants a fixed amount of bonus rep which decreases your daily cap, but you get all this bonus even if you have 0 daily cap remaining
- universal medallions --> grants a fixed amount of rep which decreases your daily cap

Now all of these EXCEPT the bonus you get for turning in the daily mission gets reduced to 0 if you already hit your daily maximum standing for Simaris. Only the quest turn-in bonus can bypass this daily limit restriction and still give you rep.

Let's say a player has a 10 000 daily standing limit for syndicates.
- they start the daily scanning mission, after finding and scanning all targets let's say they have 3500 standing limit remaining from the original 10 000 for the rest of the day
- they go back to Simaris, and turn in the daily quest, let's say it was a 4-target quest, it gives you a fixed bonus of 10 000 extra for turning in
- you get that full 10 000 bonus on your account and now your daily limit is reduced to 0

So in summary you earned 6500 during the scan hunt + 10 000 bonus for turning in the mission, 16 500 total in a day, which is 6500 more than your standing cap. Great!

However if BEFORE turning in you go back into a mission and just scan enemies until you use up your remaining 3500 daily limit, you can still go to Simaris, turn in the daily quest and still receive the full 10 000 bonus, so in total you earn 20 000 rep in a day.

So the bonus is always the same, you do this so you can play around limitation of how much rep you are allowed to earn in a day.

EDIT:
I wrote all that, but...

Well, it's possible that there was some reputation bug when I farmed Simaris standing as it seems the daily quest bonus shouldn't lower your available daily standing. But when I was doing this (~3 years ago) I tested it, mutliple times and it did.
It may have been a bug that's since fixed, though it may break again in the future. It's not supposed to count for your limit. So you can turn the quest in whenever you wish. At least you are supposed to be able to, but test it just in case.

Archived