Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I know 2 secret ways to get crafted Forma aside from Plague Star

Kaotyke

Don't sell prime junk. It's an immensely poor value, and the whole reason people buy it is because they know this. Why let someone else refine what you have into something valuable when you can just cut out the middleman and do it yourself?

Collect it until you form sets then sell the sets for far greater value. Melt more abundant parts within a set into ducats to purchase baro weapons and primed mods, then sell them once they've been out of rotation for at least two months.

Selling the raw junk is shortsighted. Play the long game and you'll be rewarded.

5 minutes ago, sly_squash said:

Don't sell prime junk. It's an immensely poor value, and the whole reason people buy it is because they know this. Why let someone else refine what you have into something valuable when you can just cut out the middleman and do it yourself?

Collect it until you form sets then sell the sets for far greater value. Melt more abundant parts within a set into ducats to purchase baro weapons and primed mods, then sell them once they've been out of rotation for at least two months.

Selling the raw junk is shortsighted. Play the long game and you'll be rewarded.

Because time is money. Sell cheap, get plat quickly, get rid of all the crap you don't want to sit around trying to sell for marginally more?

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Because time is money. Sell cheap, get plat quickly, get rid of all the crap you don't want to sit around trying to sell for marginally more?

"Time is money" is precisely the reason you don't do this. Why get less money for the same amount of time when refining the materials into something worth selling will pay dividends? Not only is it a fiscally-inefficient waste of resources akin to using nightwave credits to buy potatoes, but it also munches up all your daily trade allotment.

Prime junk is the absolute bottom of the barrel of plat earning. It's the equivalent of an uskilled laborer breaking rocks with a pickaxe in exchange for a meal voucher. You're getting 2p per mission PRESUMING you had the relic beforehand; if you didn't, that's 1p per mission as you have to harvest that first. And while doing void fissures themselves that award relics is the most efficient way to farm those relics, these missions are generally longer than the others (defense fissure vs. capture fissure) and/or award their relics sporadically, which reduces the overall efficiency even more.

It's also error-prone. I can't count the number of times I had to stop a prime junk seller from giving me 100ducat items for my 2p each, or vault pieces worth far more for that piece alone than the whole round of junk I'm currently buying.

Make the sets. Melt the leftovers into ducats for baro gear. Sell when prices peak. Because time is money, so stretching your time investment will pay dividends in the end. Again, the whole reason people are buying your prime junk is because it's beneath them to farm junk at 1-2p per mission. They're doing more profitable things with their time, and using the fruits of your labor to profit further.

1 hour ago, sly_squash said:

"Time is money" is precisely the reason you don't do this. Why get less money for the same amount of time when refining the materials into something worth selling will pay dividends? Not only is it a fiscally-inefficient waste of resources akin to using nightwave credits to buy potatoes, but it also munches up all your daily trade allotment.

Prime junk is the absolute bottom of the barrel of plat earning. It's the equivalent of an uskilled laborer breaking rocks with a pickaxe in exchange for a meal voucher. You're getting 2p per mission PRESUMING you had the relic beforehand; if you didn't, that's 1p per mission as you have to harvest that first. And while doing void fissures themselves that award relics is the most efficient way to farm those relics, these missions are generally longer than the others (defense fissure vs. capture fissure) and/or award their relics sporadically, which reduces the overall efficiency even more.

It's also error-prone. I can't count the number of times I had to stop a prime junk seller from giving me 100ducat items for my 2p each, or vault pieces worth far more for that piece alone than the whole round of junk I'm currently buying.

Make the sets. Melt the leftovers into ducats for baro gear. Sell when prices peak. Because time is money, so stretching your time investment will pay dividends in the end. Again, the whole reason people are buying your prime junk is because it's beneath them to farm junk at 1-2p per mission. They're doing more profitable things with their time, and using the fruits of your labor to profit further.

Because plat in the hand is worth 3 forma in the pocket. Primes that you "hope to sell someday" aren't actually something that you can spend. 

Also, you got something against miners working with pickaxes to make a living? 

Besides the prime junk isn't the stuff that you WANT as a reward when you open a specific relic, it's the cruft you accumulated by the score while farming for something else. And seriously? Even when you are opening a relic, you are probably getting more relics as rewards so there's always something to open. 

And it's good of you to stop them, but here on PS4 there's a prime junk economy that takes ducats into consideration, 1p for Commons, up to about 5p for the 100 ducat items. Works well because higher ducat value doesn't equate to higher selling price on the market, so actual junk gets traded pretty often. 

And hint, I buy the prime junk, mainly because Baro pissed me off back in the day and now I get to see him squirm when I walk away with all the ducats in my pocket because he brought the same old-same old. 

"Because plat in the hand is worth 3 forma in the pocket." Nope. Unless you're always spending all your plat immediately, 40p tomorrow will always be worth more than 20p today. Because then the only difference will be whether tomorrow you have 20p or 40p for the same amount of effort.

I'm not really going to argue any further about this: the whole reason people are buying your junk is because they know they can refine it into something far more profitable at very little cost and time-expenditure on their part. They are blatantly taking advantage of your lack of foresight and patience and profiting from it. If knowing this isn't enough for you, you're beyond hopeless. 

Cheers.

8 hours ago, sly_squash said:

"Because plat in the hand is worth 3 forma in the pocket." Nope. Unless you're always spending all your plat immediately, 40p tomorrow will always be worth more than 20p today. Because then the only difference will be whether tomorrow you have 20p or 40p for the same amount of effort.

I'm not really going to argue any further about this: the whole reason people are buying your junk is because they know they can refine it into something far more profitable at very little cost and time-expenditure on their part. They are blatantly taking advantage of your lack of foresight and patience and profiting from it. If knowing this isn't enough for you, you're beyond hopeless. 

Cheers.

I guess you didn't do much reading of the classics growing up? 

“The rule is, jam tomorrow and jam yesterday—but never jam today.”

“It must come sometimes to ‘jam today,’ ” Alice objected.

“No, it can’t,” said the queen. “It’s jam every other day: today isn’t any other day, you know.”

See, that's the thing about something that's going to happen "tomorrow". It requires you to get to "tomorrow" first, when every day you've ever lived is actually "today". Further you've failed to realize that there are items that you will never sell for 40p instead of 20p, as they've never been vaulted and generally sell at junk rates. Keeping such items in your inventory to sell at a higher price "tomorrow" will certainly be a lesson in the fact that you are going to be waiting a horribly long time. 

I'm also saddened by the fact that you totally missed the hint I gave at the bottom of the post. I even specifically told you that it was a hint. But then again the lack of observation, and understanding, would explain why you don't grasp why people sell prime junk in the first place. You see its a bit like eating hay when you feel faint, there's nothing quite like it, other things might be "better", but there's nothing quite like it, and when that's all that's left in your bag, it's sort of the done thing. 😉

Archived