Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear returning?

CJmckay

Question

16 answers to this question

On 2020-11-12 at 11:10 PM, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

well it also served as test run for squad link

Yes, and I hope that is coming back in an improved format. Not in the "instance-instance"-format that it actually was, but as a real "squad-squad"-link. And I do hope it brings some form of 8-player gameplay with it, maybe even a new "raids"-format. But I also fervently hope that it never ever returns in the "tried-and-failed" Scarlet Spear-version.

We had great hopes for Scarlet Spear, and was really looking forward to the new concept. But we also wanted to play it as a small clan thing, forming up among friends. Even if a rocky start was expected (and would have been accepted, we are all experienced online gamers), the continuous problems with breaking our pre-made squads apart and rewarding some players in the squad but not others was simply too much in the end. It not only broke the event, it broke the whole game for some. Making the missions easier along the way made everything even worse, for those who threw everything at Scarlet spear during the first two weeks. It was THE worst Warframe experience, which is triple-sad since the general idea and the possibilities it opens up for Warframe are enormous.

On 2020-10-19 at 8:58 AM, Shalath said:

SS basically blew up in DE's faces. They were using tech they had never used before and it did not go as planned so I would not be surprised if it doesn't return until they get it ironed out.

Scarlet Spear was an absolute mess.

Pablo Alonso, senior game designer

https://www.pcgamer.com/what-its-like-running-one-of-the-worlds-biggest-multiplayer-games-during-quarantine/

well it also served as test run for squad link

On 2020-10-19 at 3:58 PM, Shalath said:

SS basically blew up in DE's faces. They were using tech they had never used before and it did not go as planned so I would not be surprised if it doesn't return until they get it ironed out.

Yup, I do hope it will return in an improved format, otherwise I hope it never returns. Scarlet Spear burned out three of my best buddies on Warframe, we spent more time trying to get into the same instance or re-starting after other bugs than actually "in a working mission". Which was a double shame, since Scarlet Spear was close to being a great new thing and because I miss playing with them.

On 2020-10-18 at 10:42 PM, CJmckay said:

I didn't get the chance to participate in the event "Operation: Scarlet Spear". will that even ever return?

If so, when?

I'd like to see a return of an updated version of Operation: Scarlet Spear even though I participated in the first one.  I still have a lot more Arcanes (and the Ceti Lacera blueprint) that I wish to purchase with Scarlet Credits. 

45 minutes ago, Shalath said:

https://www.pcgamer.com/what-its-like-running-one-of-the-worlds-biggest-multiplayer-games-during-quarantine/

LOL. That's going to apply to everything new to some extent. By the time we got it on our side, it was pretty smooth. Great event. 

On behalf of the console Tenno, we thank you for being our Guinea pigs. 😝

I posted this picture in our discord on April 29th 2020 so I guess looking at the Next Wave In 364 Days on the picture should roughly be around the worked out return time, (roughly) though with Covid-19 and other factors who really has a clue now except DE.

EWIW2qK.jpg

I mean at the end iirc there was timer up once it was over in the relays that was 365 days in place ot the sentient fleet attack timer. So if that was what they wanted the next time to be Im guessing exactly one year no clue tho pretty sure its tied to the new war storyline and that got super delayed by covid 19.

Archived