Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva color discussion

ChaoticEdge

Documentary of the Kuva Colors:

In the story of that creepy hand thing that talks about it the "Naburies", there were color of the kuva during that time.  The blue kuva was assumed for body switching and uses of body but what happen the body can be molded or shape shift to be presumed and make the orokin able control the bodies by living their bodies.  It seem that the kuva in red is immortal but believed still unstable like mentality issues for it feel like it should be a drop of kuva like 1 resources point into 1 person's body for I don't know how much kuva did they shub it up in the kuva lich.  Anyway it seems there is possibility that the Kuva in color has some sort different uses such as like Kuva Yellow which mysterious to be when Corrupted Vor talks about it when they put him back together then again could be faultly wrong that there is kuva yellow.

As my result listing down

Kuva Blue - Body Control/Body Transfer

Kuva Red - Immortal body/unknown stability

Kuva Yellow - Probably absolute immortal and worshiping weird things or getting high on void weed

Kuva Green - Unknown

Kuva Orange - Unknown

Kuva Purple - Unknown

Kuva Brown - Unknown

Kuva White - Uknown

Kuva Black - possible ominous in guessing just like the MITW where it possible fall in catagory

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At the time being, it sort of remind me of starwar about their "lightsaber color mean something" but hopefully the game isn't going do reference of kuva close something to lightsaber but more importantly have in what interested.  Back to the main subject, I think in theory kuva green is some sort body restoring, orange probably truth telling kuva, purple probably for upper classes, brown I don't know what to say, white obvious guess purity or something good.  I guess we will learn the kuva what they are in color and what they do.

I think OP is reading into this way too much.

it's not clear if there is Kuva for every colour of the rainbow, but Blue Kuva makes a kind of sense: perhaps an Orokin wouldn't mind being able to "test drive" the body they wish to take over, so to speak, so before they commit with the Red Kuva, they use Blue Kuva to spend a little time getting used to the body to see if it's right for them, then if they're satisfied, they take the Red Kuva. it's mentioned that the Orokin could swap bodies as easily as swapping clothes, and you wouldn't buy clothes without trying them on first, right?

IMO, Kuva would be kind of Devalued if they made it in literally every colour, even though the Orokin probably could have a bunch of different types for different things, so it isn't entirely impossible for there to be more types, but I can't imagine what they'd do, other than give some degree of immortality/allow an Orokin to use another body. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

I heard green kuva is our weakness, Bat-stalker has a stash of those in case of emergency

yeh if you drink too much green dr shuchong will come for you......wait wrong game we are tenno not little sisters

2 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I think OP is reading into this way too much.

it's not clear if there is Kuva for every colour of the rainbow, but Blue Kuva makes a kind of sense: perhaps an Orokin wouldn't mind being able to "test drive" the body they wish to take over, so to speak, so before they commit with the Red Kuva, they use Blue Kuva to spend a little time getting used to the body to see if it's right for them, then if they're satisfied, they take the Red Kuva. it's mentioned that the Orokin could swap bodies as easily as swapping clothes, and you wouldn't buy clothes without trying them on first, right?

IMO, Kuva would be kind of Devalued if they made it in literally every colour, even though the Orokin probably could have a bunch of different types for different things, so it isn't entirely impossible for there to be more types, but I can't imagine what they'd do, other than give some degree of immortality/allow an Orokin to use another body. 

Kinda reading into this definitely, but red kuva dosen't make sense then....the story implies that red kuva is permanent. But the orokin SWAP bodies as the old one wears down. Even if they find a great body it would eventually deteriorate, at which point they'll have to switch again?

Unless its not "permanent" in which case the story dosent make sense. Why would the 3 pricks S#&$ themselves over being in bodies they can switch out of. Another random Lore bit to drive me CRAZIE ಠ益ಠ

30 minutes ago, RobieKingston said:

Kinda reading into this definitely, but red kuva dosen't make sense then....the story implies that red kuva is permanent. But the orokin SWAP bodies as the old one wears down. Even if they find a great body it would eventually deteriorate, at which point they'll have to switch again?

Unless its not "permanent" in which case the story dosent make sense. Why would the 3 pricks S#&$ themselves over being in bodies they can switch out of. Another random Lore bit to drive me CRAZIE ಠ益ಠ

This is just my own interpretation, but the way I saw it is that a new body that an Orokin swaps into to extend their life needs to be specially prepared to be capable of handling the effects of the Orokin soul and the red kuva, ect.

Even if they survive being red kuva transferred to the body of a horribly disfigured Ostron peasant, they wouldn't survive the transfer out of it.

The second and slightly more obvious interpretation that just occurred to me (and it actually makes it a bit eerier)... They're stuck in the lower city in disfigured bodies completely unable to talk or call for help, their Orokin buddies wouldn't know what happened to them. So even if it's theoretically reversible, they still doomed themselves.

Reading that the Red Kuva was used to trap them in their bodies was annoying on a lore level for me as well. Orokin specifically move from body to body as it ages or just becomes inconvenient, wouldn't getting stuck in a terrible body be merely a temporary inconvenience?

If it was so easy to off the Orokin like that then Red Kuva wouldn't be something you just kept around, it would be something centralized or kept as a weapon. Yet the lore makes it very obvious that the only ways to kill the Orokin were execution methods of the Orokin themselves and the Tenno killing their Oro. an Orokin getting stuck in a body makes no sense, they'd just kill themselves to be rid of it and transfer to another body they'd have prepared or transfer in a more normal way.

Perhaps, as was stated, there were underlying conditions making this difficult such as them being unable to speak or the body needing prepared for Red Kuva and these weren't, therefore damaging the Oro. Though the second seems unlikely as it's not like the first Orokin would have been born with the natural ability to use Kuva to mvoe bodies, it would have been something engineered, therefore getting stuck in a body permanently because you used Red Kuva wrong seems... Odd.

12 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Give me a kuva, bartender.

Coming right up!

latest?cb=20190227180944

13 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

*slides golden kuva violently across counter*

*glass shattering noises*

Enjoy!

44 minutes ago, Cloudyvisage said:

Reading that the Red Kuva was used to trap them in their bodies was annoying on a lore level for me as well. Orokin specifically move from body to body as it ages or just becomes inconvenient, wouldn't getting stuck in a terrible body be merely a temporary inconvenience?

If it was so easy to off the Orokin like that then Red Kuva wouldn't be something you just kept around, it would be something centralized or kept as a weapon. Yet the lore makes it very obvious that the only ways to kill the Orokin were execution methods of the Orokin themselves and the Tenno killing their Oro. an Orokin getting stuck in a body makes no sense, they'd just kill themselves to be rid of it and transfer to another body they'd have prepared or transfer in a more normal way.

Perhaps, as was stated, there were underlying conditions making this difficult such as them being unable to speak or the body needing prepared for Red Kuva and these weren't, therefore damaging the Oro. Though the second seems unlikely as it's not like the first Orokin would have been born with the natural ability to use Kuva to mvoe bodies, it would have been something engineered, therefore getting stuck in a body permanently because you used Red Kuva wrong seems... Odd.

Two options:

1) It's a scary story meant to scare the Orokiddies.

2) The body needs to be able to consume the kuva and perform the transference, and for some reason these couldn't.

If we go with 2, there's a few option for why that might be the case,

1) Only orokin bodies can perform the transfer.... Unlikely as that's probably how they stayed in young healthy bodies

2) Only bodies that had been specially prepared could perform the transfer... Probable, and as a functionally immortal Orokin there'd be lots of time to prepare for this

3) The manipulations performed on those 3 ostron bodies prevents future transfer... Possible but how? Well we know that no normal body could probably withstand the things done to the three, and survive even minutes, but these were meant to last the whole night, so they were obviously altered in some way. Perhaps that's irreversable, if not, go back to 2.

Now even if it's option 2, we've got to ask would a society so caught up with beauty and perfection, would the 3 be able to convince someone to make the changes needed? Recall that the Orokin would shun their own children as freaks just because they were twins (Grineer Queens). (Though they made use of twins as valued servants, I think it was in Simaris lore on Ancients.) Would they shun the 3? Probably in less than a heartbeat, "how could they be so stupid as to give up their perfect bodies for...... those things! Repulsive, I'll have nothing to do with them." 

Also if the child could have been glassed for even knowing where the kuva was kept, what do you think would have happened to those who were so careless about the secrets of the kuva?

So while something might be technically possible to switch them back to new hosts, would that have been an option?

19 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Have you been drinking the Yellow Kuva? :D

No, but I know thous grineer, corpus and infested who get kidnap were drinking deep with it probably...*Corrupted Orokin*.  I still vote that they are just being high sometime but yet had wacky doodle of getting high and telling crazy bottom rear of stories.

6 minutes ago, Elessara1 said:

What about Mauve Kuva?  Or Puce Kuva?  Pistachio Kuva?  Seafoam?  Chartreuse?  Heliotrope?

I could keep going ...

Buff, confused the heck out of me in highschool chemistry, "pinkish-yellow-brown" is what I wrote. Strangely, I'm perfectly fine with octarine, (probably because I'll never need to see it).

Archived