Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

2 things that are bad and could use a buff (aka 1 thread you won't read)

Traumtulpe

1: Saryn's augments that do nothing.

• Contagion Cloud does irrelevant amounts of damage. Nothing else. Either make the damage relevant, or change it to acid clouds that blind enemies.
  • Revealing Spores is worse than radar. Add an effect to it, like Spores have a 15% chance to cause utility status effects (puncture, blast, cold).

2: All of Valkyr's abilities.

• "I'm Spiderman!" (Ripline), make it cost 0 energy, pull faster, tap to pull target / hold to pull yourself until release, attach to wall or ceiling by continuing to hold.
  • Warcry. Either make it recastable (and cast faster), or have it's buff/debuff be an aura around Valkyr. Current state is ridiculous.
  • Paralysis. Actually fine for 5 energy if it was reliable. For some reason animations like reloading block the stun. How stupid is that?
  • Hysteria. Look at Baruuk. Now look at Valkyr. Now look at Baruuk again. Got it? If not, keep looking, you'll likely start crying at some point. That's normal.

Have a nice day in addition to this pointless thread.

As far as I know, the cloud is spreading spores. And the radar is just a convenience, no one forces you to use it, there is another augment for the damage buff.

I agree with Valkyr, but please don't compare it to baruuk. It's like starting to compare Mesa and Ivara.

1 hour ago, selig_fay said:

As far as I know, the cloud is spreading spores. And the radar is just a convenience

The cloud can spread spores if a spored target walks through the pitifully small cloud but at that rate something like torrid can do the same at 0 energy cost and without a timer. And the radar thing is out done by a companion mod that doesn't take away from your warframe mod slots. 

to start Contagion Cloud has to have a different Damage Type to be interesting at all - being Toxin makes it redundant to Saryn. Gas is the obvious choice.
and then doing something, yes. has been useless forever, even years ago the generic Terrain Volume DoT was insignificant.

the other Spores Augment isn't even worth talking about. doesn't serve a purpose in 99% of the game and in the 1% it would (Endurance Missions) it doesn't help the team enough.

Ripline doesn't need to be free, like Paralysis it can be 5 Energy. since that's more likely to actually happen than 0.

there isn't much to say about Hysteria but that the Animations are clunky just like they were in 2014. less clunky now, but not by much. the plus side is that beyblading with the Slide Attack gives Hysteria nuclear levels of AoE Damage.

5 minutes ago, taiiat said:

there isn't much to say about Hysteria but that the Animations are clunky just like they were in 2014. less clunky now, but not by much. the plus side is that beyblading with the Slide Attack gives Hysteria nuclear levels of AoE Damage.

In my admittedly very limited experience, Slide-attacking with Hysteria used to be far less clunky in the pre-re-re-reworked melee's aim assistance, where it would actually point and stick towards intended targets instead of just careening off anywhere. Can't nuke something if you can't reliably hit them. I tried messing with the melee settings and couldn't find a way to coerce it back to being aimable. Maybe I'm missing something?

13 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

In my admittedly very limited experience, Slide-attacking with Hysteria used to be far less clunky in the pre-re-re-reworked melee's aim assistance, where it would actually point and stick towards intended targets instead of just careening off anywhere. Can't nuke something if you can't reliably hit them. I tried messing with the melee settings and couldn't find a way to coerce it back to being aimable. Maybe I'm missing something?

uhh

i've always used Melee with orient to Camera, but with the rest of the assists off.
the spin doesn't go particularly far so 'unhinged' seems to go where i want - and always if i've wanted to keep hitting the same spot with anything that moves me i spin my Camera while doing it.

i can't attest to Melee setup in any other fashion, as i have not used it.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

No it cannot. Please don't spread misinformation.

i mean is there a reason why it 100% cannot? i do own the mod from when it first released and sounded interesting so i guess ill go have to give it a test in a simulacrum and report back i suppose. i know it used to and i see no mention for or against it on the wiki. it is not my intent to spread misinformation simply that i dont see why aoe weapons and effects can spread spores but contagion cloud cannot ya know?

13 minutes ago, Caobie said:

just loaded up and tested, confirmed that it can indeed not. i also took the liberty of testing my prior claim of torid being able to pop them as well and it can also in fact not with its aoe cloud, attached to target or not. sounds like only aoe cone of fire type attacks will pop it, ie ignis, and not cloud type damage over time, ie torid or pox. i wonder if ogris would on explosion but i dont wonder enough to go find out after already closing out the game lol

i should note that there was a point in time where torid did pop spores but that couldve been 2 saryn reworks ago 😅

Archived