Jump to content
Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daul/Twin Primary Weapon Please


kwlingo

Recommended Posts

Been always curious why Primary's never got the Daul/Twin option for weapons. The closest thing we got was the Primary Grakata but became a Secondary when infused to become the Twin Grakata.

If DE you decided to make the first, may I suggest the Twin Paris. The mechanic would be instead of firing two shots at once have the bows each have their own charge fire rate, alternating shots. This would be achieved from a new tech that allow the user to activate a pull from a press of a bottom where the user holds the bow. Holding the charge will allow for one complete charge while the other bow charges half way, thus creating a much faster more usable bow. Double shooting would be triggered with the Alt-fire mode with the scroll mouse key, or hold the scroll for a charged double shot.

I just think this would look so bad and sinister having a dual bow.

But any dual primary would be great.

Thank you in advance.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I'm not against the idea of dual primaries, I don't like the idea of dual bows. It seems kinda silly considering how important using both hands on a bow is. Some kind of crossbow, sure. But nothing with a draw back mechanic.

I also feel this idea is adding unnecessary complication to dual weapons and would be better suited for an entirely new weapon on it's own with a double loading arrow mechanic based around the weapon. And even then I feel it's still a little too overly complex.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NecroPed said:

It seems kinda silly considering how important using both hands on a bow is. Some kind of crossbow, sure.

That's why you jump up and use your legs when you draw, duh, that's how you can dual wield bows.

(and yea, this is kinda overly complex and doesn't really add anything to the game)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Been always curious why Primary's never got the Dual/Twin option for weapons.

For one, it'd be messy / mean more work, like for how you hold the weapons, holster styles, etc.

Not least there's size to consider, something like a Gorgon or Opticor is already somewhat ridiculous,
how do you hold much less actually fire one of those single-handed?

It'd also kind of blur the lines between Primaries (being single, two-handed weapons)
and Secondaries (single-handed weapons which you may or may not be able to wield akimbo),
making them feel less distinct and stuff.

And yeah, dual Bows, I'm gonna need you to draw us up some illustrations of how the Stug that's supposed to work.

... or how it would be anywhere near "sinister" rather than incredibly awkward looking :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

And yeah, dual Bows, I'm gonna need you to draw us up some illustrations of how the Stug that's supposed to work.

How you seen the Twin Grakata's? The are the full size of primaries yeild in tow hands.

2 hours ago, vaarnaaarne said:

That's why you jump up and use your legs when you draw, duh, that's how you can dual wield bows.

(and yea, this is kinda overly complex and doesn't really add anything to the game)

Nope technology allows for trigger same as your fingers on your keyboard or controller. Exactly the same. I mean if it wasn't possible then how are we able to even play video games. Are you shooting an arrow through your monitor everyday? lol

Also with the alternating of two bows charging allows for quicker shooting times between each shot instead of adding a fire rate mod. And adding a fire rate mod would decrease the amount of time for both even more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kwlingo said:

How you seen the Twin Grakata's? The are the full size of primaries yeild in tow hands.

Grakata is a submachine gun in the first place (or something like that, not really a gun expert),
much smaller than e.g. Gorgon or a Bow, and a weapon you can reasonably (enough) wield in one hand.

How do you wield two Bows at once, with the standard number of two hands?

2 hours ago, kwlingo said:

I mean if it wasn't possible then how are we able to even play video games. Are you shooting an arrow through your monitor everyday? lol

...

IYY9dlF.gif

2 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Also with the alternating of two bows charging allows for quicker shooting times between each shot

Again, please, draw us a picture of how this is supposed to work. Because your words do not suffice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kwlingo said:

Are you shooting an arrow through your monitor everyday? lol

I thought everyone played the game that way, but it seems it's just me.

 

Anyways, i could imagine something like a Dual Baza Prime or Dual Supra Vandal, Dual Burston Prime, Dual Fulmin Vandal.

The bow would be interesting, but i don't see much practical use in being able to dual wield them, especially with the accuracy penalty of dual weapons.

Some other types of dual weapons wouldn't be bad either, like dual whips, i had an idea about a dual whip concept somewhat similar to Castlevania's Morning Star, except made up of sharpened chains.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-10-19 at 1:34 PM, kgabor said:

I thought everyone played the game that way, but it seems it's just me.

 

Anyways, i could imagine something like a Dual Baza Prime or Dual Supra Vandal, Dual Burston Prime, Dual Fulmin Vandal.

The bow would be interesting, but i don't see much practical use in being able to dual wield them, especially with the accuracy penalty of dual weapons.

Some other types of dual weapons wouldn't be bad either, like dual whips, i had an idea about a dual whip concept somewhat similar to Castlevania's Morning Star, except made up of sharpened chains.

I could get along the dual whips. That sounds like fun. A stance combo that ties up enemies and slices them in two parts. Nize!

On 2020-10-19 at 10:15 AM, NinjaZeku said:

Grakata is a submachine gun in the first place (or something like that, not really a gun expert),
much smaller than e.g. Gorgon or a Bow, and a weapon you can reasonably (enough) wield in one hand.

In real life yielding any gun and moving like ninja's will result in self-injury, either by recoil or shooting one self. lol Nothing about video games or action movies are real. I remember watching this kid play Ninja Fruit with real sharpen swords and lets just say both hands got more stitches than most will in their entire life time. lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...