Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone experience Screen Blackout with Vauban Ability 4?

Necrosaur

This happens when I use a BRIGHT colour energy power and do a ability 4 vortex (a few on the same spot)

in the old renderer I used to get weird multicolour glitches, now it just BLACKs the screen out and displays no polys (though writing is still there)

The way to reset this is just to go into options menu. It will come back.

This could be my card or some setting I have on that I should have off, dont know, everything else works well with no slowdowns. Just this black poly renderer stop.

Anyone else experienced this one?

(I have a gtx 750 ti)

I noticed also that when I go to options with a black screen you can see sometimes the polygons are in a DIFFERENT darker black than the background so the polys are still being drawn but they have almost no colour.

Sometimes going to options doesnt fix it but if you change resolution is will temporarily fix it (till it's triggered again)

Hi Necrosaur, we have seen a number of reports regarding Vauban's 4th ability causing black screens, and we have been working to track down the issue. I can confirm that we have been able to reproduce this on our end, and we're now in the process of working on a fix.

While we're at it, we'll take a look at the other examples you mentioned. Thanks!

I'm glad others are seeing this, I thought it was my graphics card or something. Essentially whenever something gets bright enough on the screen (I've also had it happen during kuva lich cutscenes) the screen goes black except for icons. It's pretty annoying since it technically soft locks the game and requires a restart. 

Edit- It sometimes comes back when the mission ends and the stats page pops up but only if you actually make it to the end point with your character, not by waiting for the countdown.

Archived