When can we expect the Nihil boss fight? Maybe a Gara rework with the deluxe skin?

I really want to try out that greatsword, I wasn't too impressed with the Pathocyst, but I'm not really a fan of glaives either. As for Gara, I was looking forward to her because glass is almost always either OP, annoying, or weak. Maybe I'm just playing her wrong or she doesn't suit any playstyle I like, but I don't think I've played her since I leveled her to 30. I remember hoping for something like this when I heard a glass themed frame was in development:

Passive: Reflects damage to enemies in close proximity.

1. Fires a glass shard at the enemy that explodes on impact. Leaves shards on the ground that slow and damage enemies. 

2. Hardens the glass on Gara and reduces incoming damage. Leaves shards when ability ends or glass breaks.

3. Rain glass from above for a few seconds. Leaves shards.

4. Shatters all shards, causes powerful bleed procs.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Garadoesn't need a rework.

Every ability but her 3 is op. That's the only thing that needs looking at.

her 3 is a great energy source (Spectrosiphon)
it complements her kit
so no, even her 3 is pretty good

Edited by vegetosayajin
  • Like 11
1 hour ago, vegetosayajin said:

her 3 is a great energy source (Spectrosiphon)
it complements her kit
so no, even her 3 is pretty good

its a good ability but its on the wrong Warframe nobody who plays Gara uses this ability for that purpose because it contradicts all her viable play styles

4 minutes ago, HelNite said:

because it contradicts all her viable play styles

No, it doesn't.
And she doesn't have play styles, she has a play style.
You pretty much do the same thing every time, with a little variety with ability range, depending on the mods.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

No, it doesn't.
And she doesn't have play styles, she has a play style.
You pretty much do the same thing every time, with a little variety with ability range, depending on the mods

actually she has 3 very pronounced and very popular play styles that are what almost everyone uses with her

1. AoE damage: revolves around using your 4 and destroying it from the inside with her 1 to deal high amounts of damage
2. Crowd Control: building her for maximum range and using her 4 to turn all enemies in a massive area into glass
3. Melee: using splinter storm to deal infinite scaling damage in short range and increase damage resistance by up to 70%

2 minutes ago, HelNite said:

actually she has 3 very pronounced and very popular play styles that are what almost everyone uses with her

1. AoE damage: revolves around using your 4 and destroying it from the inside with her 1 to deal high amounts of damage
2. Crowd Control: building her for maximum range and using her 4 to turn all enemies in a massive area into glass
3. Melee: using splinter storm to deal infinite scaling damage in short range and increase damage resistance by up to 70%

1. works at lower levels...not really a thing
2. works but you still use her 2 and her 1 to break the glass and is negated by nullies easily (so my point you still use the same tools the same way with difference in range)
3. damage resistance to 90% and you still use her 2 her 1 and her 4(to break it from the outside to gather more damage)

the thing is you always use the same tools with little difference in range, like I said, it's not a completely different play style like some other frames have
her 3 compliments her with the augment because it gives energy, to be able to refresh the abilities to achieve that scaling damage and the mod slot is easy, you just go with no survivability mods like vitality because you don't need them

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

the thing is you always use the same tools with little difference in range, like I said, it's not a completely different play style like some other frames have
her 3 compliments her with the augment because it gives energy, to be able to refresh the abilities to achieve that scaling damage and the mod slot is easy, you just go with no survivability mods like vitality because you don't need them

the point isnt that the mods are different or that it looks and feels like you are doing the same thing or what level of enemies you are fighting, they are all different play styles that are specialized for completely different purposes in mind and range is not the only difference its just that her abilities synergize so well that you are going to be using many different mechanics on the same few abilities to do completely different tasks spectrosiphon just doesnt fit into the equation as seamlessly as it should

Edited by HelNite

I agree that we need Nihil ASAP. I want that Sword, and I want the glA******s to leave. they're a minor yet persistent inconvenience.

I disagree that Gara needs a rework. her 1 is insane, her 2 is a top tier DR ability, her 3, while perhaps her weakest power, has become more popualr with Spectrosiphon augment (especially subsumed onto other frames via helminth. legit concerned that might get nerfed if DE looked at it)  and her 4 makes for excellent Defense. she'd always been up there with Frost for objective Defense and is actually better in some areas. she's very stronk.

2 hours ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

The stats of the sword are similar to the gram prime, really disappointed.

Gram Prime is perhaps the strongest heavy blade though, what did you expect, something that has infinite damage? the only reason I don't use it more often is because I dislike it's looks, and haven't bought a Tennogen Heavy Blade skin (yet).

• Like 2
1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I agree that we need Nihil ASAP. I want that Sword, and I want the glA******s to leave. they're a minor yet persistent inconvenience.

I disagree that Gara needs a rework. her 1 is insane, her 2 is a top tier DR ability, her 3, while perhaps her weakest power, has become more popualr with Spectrosiphon augment (especially subsumed onto other frames via helminth. legit concerned that might get nerfed if DE looked at it)  and her 4 makes for excellent Defense. she'd always been up there with Frost for objective Defense and is actually better in some areas. she's very stronk.

Gram Prime is perhaps the strongest heavy blade though, what did you expect, something that has infinite damage? the only reason I don't use it more often is because I dislike it's looks, and haven't bought a Tennogen Heavy Blade skin (yet).

I just think it's a bit to similar to the gram prime, maybe going for a faster speed focused on status but still crit viable could give us a bit more diversity on heavy blades.

gara is cool....just need a augment to make glass with more HP to defend but cant destroy with skill 1....gara needs some another play style for more defensive missions and not only damage.

12 hours ago, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

The stats of the sword are similar to the gram prime, really disappointed.

I don't really see a problem with the Gram Prime's stats. It may swing slower than the Galatine Prime and have a shorter range, but it's status, crit chance/ multiplier, and overall damage is higher. If the Vitrica's stats are similar to what is one of the best melee weapons in the game, then it stands to reason it will be a top tier weapon.

12 hours ago, HelNite said:

its a good ability but its on the wrong Warframe nobody who plays Gara uses this ability for that purpose because it contradicts all her viable play styles

I think this has already been touched on, but the augment for her 3 makes it a really solid energy regen ability, and the main playstyle people use with Gara is very energy hungry. So it actually fits in her kit perfectly.