Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When can we expect the Nihil boss fight? Maybe a Gara rework with the deluxe skin?

(XBOX)ParrotTom

On 2020-10-20 at 2:41 AM, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I think this has already been touched on, but the augment for her 3 makes it a really solid energy regen ability, and the main playstyle people use with Gara is very energy hungry. So it actually fits in her kit perfectly.

she is energy hungry and this skill does help with that, i meant the actual mechanics of the ability itself dont work as well as they could with her playstyles as they would with other warframes and vice versa

On 2020-10-19 at 3:58 AM, (XB1)ParrotTom said:

I was looking forward to her because glass is almost always either OP, annoying, or weak. Maybe I'm just playing her wrong or she doesn't suit any playstyle I like

Those two are definitely it in some manner. Gara is a very powerful frame.

On 2020-10-19 at 5:33 AM, (PS4)TONI__RIBEIRO said:

The stats of the sword are similar to the gram prime, really disappointed.

Btw, as it currently stands, gram prime, excluding stances, does the highest base damage of any slash melee weapon (atk speed x damage). It also has the 32% critic chance, 2.6x critic damage and 32% status chance.

If this is disappointing, how would you define good?!

On 2020-10-19 at 3:58 AM, (XB1)ParrotTom said:

I really want to try out that greatsword, I wasn't too impressed with the Pathocyst, but I'm not really a fan of glaives either. As for Gara, I was looking forward to her because glass is almost always either OP, annoying, or weak. Maybe I'm just playing her wrong or she doesn't suit any playstyle I like, but I don't think I've played her since I leveled her to 30. I remember hoping for something like this when I heard a glass themed frame was in development:

Passive: Reflects damage to enemies in close proximity.

1. Fires a glass shard at the enemy that explodes on impact. Leaves shards on the ground that slow and damage enemies. 

2. Hardens the glass on Gara and reduces incoming damage. Leaves shards when ability ends or glass breaks.

3. Rain glass from above for a few seconds. Leaves shards.

4. Shatters all shards, causes powerful bleed procs.

I went though the same thing when I first leveled her. How she works is not clear or intuitive. I started playing her again lately, and she is an ultra broken frame, that is extremely versatile. 

Cast skill 2 on yourself. Using skill 4 refreshes the duration of skill 2. Spam skill 4. Soft CC + damage enhancement + damage blocking + duration on skill 2 + on demand invulnerability. Get out of skill 4 area, and use skill 1 to break the glass setup by skill 4, which increases skill’s 2 damage. Reanse repeat, millions of damage on skill 2. Basically, you are invulnerable, dealing millions of damage while protecting allies/objectives.

On 2020-10-19 at 3:21 AM, vegetosayajin said:

her 3 is a great energy source (Spectrosiphon)
it complements her kit
so no, even her 3 is pretty good

My issue with her three is in high level content, the kind of content where I really need energy to keep her going, the entire carousel is destroyed instantly.

I’m sure you can freeze a bunch of enemies in glass first and then cast the carousel around them in order to utilize spectrosiphon. But would that even be worth it? Unless you run max efficiency you’re probably losing more energy than you’re gaining. And without the augment’s effects, the fact that it is so fragile makes it utterly useless as crowd control in the very level of content where you need it most.

I have yet to figure out a way to make her 3 usable in a level of content where I can’t just spin in circles with an ignis and wipe the map.

1 hour ago, (PS4)sister-hawk said:

My issue with her three is in high level content, the kind of content where I really need energy to keep her going, the entire carousel is destroyed instantly.

I’m sure you can freeze a bunch of enemies in glass first and then cast the carousel around them in order to utilize spectrosiphon. But would that even be worth it? Unless you run max efficiency you’re probably losing more energy than you’re gaining. And without the augment’s effects, the fact that it is so fragile makes it utterly useless as crowd control in the very level of content where you need it most.

I have yet to figure out a way to make her 3 usable in a level of content where I can’t just spin in circles with an ignis and wipe the map.

What high level content are you talking about? I do SP MoT with her and I have never have carousel not work.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)thegarada said:

What high level content are you talking about? I do SP MoT with her and I have never have carousel not work.

Well idk what to tell you. Whenever I try to use spectrorage in steel path, or even just like tier 5 bounties in Cetus, the mirrors never last more than a couple seconds. I’ve even seen the carousel destroyed before she even finishes the cast animation. I cannot fathom that you are able to keep it alive in SP Mot.

Am 19.10.2020 um 12:02 schrieb vegetosayajin:

No, it doesn't.
And she doesn't have play styles, she has a play style.
You pretty much do the same thing every time, with a little variety with ability range, depending on the mods.

no, gara has atleast like 4 playstiles: and many people underestimate gara... and then people ask me ingame "wtf how does gara got most kills?" . "wtf this gara only walking and everything dies" . "wtf this gara protecting 3 positions at ones"

d8MwWSV.png

-1 Spam build destryoing everything

-Super tank build

-2 stacking build

-ulti build (with the ulti build i even outfarm Saryn and Mirage if enemys are a bit tankier).

------------------------

other stuff u could do:

-support-buff build

-pull - support - ulti build

-------------------------------------------------

Also Gara's Kit is propably the best designed kit in the game. you can use all 4 abillitys actively. Not like other frames where u spamm 1 button 24/7... with Gara u use atleast 3 out of her 4 skills. If u dont like her 3rd u can use the helminth.

gara doesn't need any rework really, maybe the 1 could be made as exalted along with khora and atlas but overall gara is phenomenal.

2 is a 90% damage reduction and infinite scaling damage

3 is a ok CC and great energy source with augument  

4 is a defense ring, pretty handy for the numerous type of defense missions. also refreshes 2 when broken with lash

only reason i don't play her as often is because i dislike the base model and is hard to fashion frame, hoping the deluxe will change that

2 hours ago, WaifuJanna said:

no, gara has atleast like 4 playstiles: and many people underestimate gara... and then people ask me ingame "wtf how does gara got most kills?" . "wtf this gara only walking and everything dies" . "wtf this gara protecting 3 positions at ones"

d8MwWSV.png

-1 Spam build destryoing everything

-Super tank build

-2 stacking build

-ulti build (with the ulti build i even outfarm Saryn and Mirage if enemys are a bit tankier).

------------------------

other stuff u could do:

-support-buff build

-pull - support - ulti build

-------------------------------------------------

Also Gara's Kit is propably the best designed kit in the game. you can use all 4 abillitys actively. Not like other frames where u spamm 1 button 24/7... with Gara u use atleast 3 out of her 4 skills. If u dont like her 3rd u can use the helminth.

16 formas and a umbra forma in a normal warframe? omg man....

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Luciole77:

16 formas and a umbra forma in a normal warframe? omg man....

what u mean with "normal warframe?" don't tell me you are one of the guys that don't forma/play non prime frames ala octavia, khora, grendel, gaus, xatu, protea, cause u want to wait 2-3 years until u get the primed version??? We don't even know how Gara Prime will even look yet... So yeah, i am not hyped for her right now...

2 hours ago, WaifuJanna said:

what u mean with "normal warframe?" don't tell me you are one of the guys that don't forma/play non prime frames ala octavia, khora, grendel, gaus, xatu, protea, cause u want to wait 2-3 years until u get the primed version??? We don't even know how Gara Prime will even look yet... So yeah, i am not hyped for her right now...

I'm saying you wasted a umbra forma on a non-prime warframe. This is what I call waste! You dont need to do this man....probally next year we will get gara prime...../facelpalm

3 hours ago, WaifuJanna said:

Yeah, but an UMBRA Forma? I've gotten 5 of those in the last 3 years... I slapped 3 forma on Wisp when she dropped, but I draw the line at 5-6 for umbral wisp. Threw my 7 forma Chroma to Helminth... that's no celebratory moment. We can all agree we don't wanna be wasting forma with no forma refund system. 

On 2020-10-19 at 7:06 PM, (XB1)ParrotTom said:

I don't really see a problem with the Gram Prime's stats. It may swing slower than the Galatine Prime and have a shorter range, but it's status, crit chance/ multiplier, and overall damage is higher. If the Vitrica's stats are similar to what is one of the best melee weapons in the game, then it stands to reason it will be a top tier weapon.

Probably the new sword will not be as good as the paracesis is. Paracesis is superior to gram prime so we can say that it will be a sword inferior to paracesis. I hope it is a good thing ... but from what has been presented it will be just another sword.

Archived