Jump to content
Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How come Moa components take 24h to build while all other modular components take 1h?


DoomFruit

Recommended Posts

There are several "modular" items in-game which you build by getting blueprints for each component, building these items and then taking the finished parts back to the vendor for assembly into a finished piece of gear. These would be zaws, kitguns, k-drives, moa companions and deimos companions.

All of these components take 1 hour to build... with the exception of Moa parts. They take a full day.

Why the inconsistency?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

There are several "modular" items in-game which you build by getting blueprints for each component, building these items and then taking the finished parts back to the vendor for assembly into a finished piece of gear. These would be zaws, kitguns, k-drives, moa companions and deimos companions.

All of these components take 1 hour to build... with the exception of Moa parts. They take a full day.

Why the inconsistency?

Voidrig parts for building your Nechramech take 12hrs, and then to fully assemble it takes 72hrs like frames, so i wouldn't say "all" exactly. It is what it is. Shouldn't need to constantly build multiple so perhaps its just not worth a review.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, (PS4)MYKK678 said:

Voidrig parts for building your Nechramech take 12hrs, and then to fully assemble it takes 72hrs like frames, so i wouldn't say "all" exactly. It is what it is. Shouldn't need to constantly build multiple so perhaps its just not worth a review.

Mechs are much closer to frames than a zaw, moa or predasite. You don't get a choice of parts with them, the same way that a saryn prime consists only of a saryn prime chassis, a saryn prime systems and a saryn prime neuroptics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DoomFruit said:

Mechs are much closer to frames than a zaw, moa or predasite. You don't get a choice of parts with them, the same way that a saryn prime consists only of a saryn prime chassis, a saryn prime systems and a saryn prime neuroptics.

Deimos is out just over a month and theres a 2nd Nechramech with new parts on its way soon already, and if that trend continues then the parts will undoubtedly become interchangable. We're starting to get into Semantics here though. As i said, i just see it as the manufacture time matches the need to manufacture. It doesn't slow anything else in the game down and you shouldn't need to build 1 or 2 every week/month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

moas have less parts available than say zaws, meaning moas become a redundant farm quicker, its also to delay "the latest thing", moa's got what? 4 new parts recently as well, the delay is just that, a delay to make sure those moas arent made/lvld and forgotten asap, theres also the plat rush incentive upon waiting as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it possible that the logic is more orientated toward the amount of "life" the item has. Zaws, kitguns and amps are not something that could be interpreted as alive. They are all constructed in a way that they are only useful when physically wielded. Warframe, sentinels, moas and Necromechs are much more alive, some being able to move on their own. 

It is most likely just a pacing decision, but thematically it would make sense that something that is larger(in most cases) and more complex ,due to added intelligence, would take longer to make.

6 hours ago, (PS4)MYKK678 said:

Deimos is out just over a month and theres a 2nd Nechramech with new parts on its way soon already, and if that trend continues then the parts will undoubtedly become interchangable. 

It's a bit weird that they would make the nekromechs bps instead of constructed at loid if they are aiming for modularity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...