Windows 10 Version 2004 performance issues

DeckChairVonBananaCamel

Has anyone else noticed inconsistent frame timing and other general performance issues since updating Windows 10 to version 2004 ?

The version came out back in May (i think), but it just recently (2nd of October) my computer basically said "stop putting this off, this is happening whether you like it or not" so I updated and I've noticed longer than normal load times on Pillars of Eternity 2 (i have an SSD so it should not be taking as long as it does), as well as occasional bouts of erratic performance with Warframe 

Don't get me wrong, its not like Warframe ever drops below ~90 FPS, but the frame time is all over the place making it feel quite jittery and unpleasant.

I've tried turning on and of the new (to version 2004) "game mode" feature, but it doesn't seem to help. Has anyone else had the same issue and managed to figure out a fix? Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

I've been getting heavy stutters, but I've always installed the updates when they appear.

I think this is more recent.

Yeah thats the weird thing, my computer is set to automatically download and install updates, but it didn't with this one...
But thanks for the heads up that this might be something different!

Didn't notice much performance wise but one of these last windows updates did break some of my settings/programs... (Discord freaking out, mouse software becoming unstable...) 

Seriously thinking about just reverting windows back or just formating/reinstalling everything from scratch :x

Archived