Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

White Transition Screen Is Intolerable

(NSW)zari10zero

The blinding flashbangs hurts the eyes especially if u are an older player. Even Deimos is a visual eyesore if u can see the enemies blended in the same color. I dont know about other players. 

Maybe they like it or dont mind.

It seems to me DE is out give permanent retina damage if u play too long

Yes. It often appears like DE is making special effects for autists. I'm not saying this to insult anyone, i mean people who need their sensory organs stimulated, with like loud sounds or flashy images. There are display options that i have to turn down to almost nothing to play comfortably, but this flashing when mission is loading is horrible. The worst is that even if i alt-tab from Warframe when mission loads to skip this flash, stupid mission just doesn't load, it waits for me to alt-tab back.

36 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

dunno what you mean it seems fine to- AHHMYEYESWTF!!!!!

it does get a bit much in a couple of places, but I always keep my room amply lit and I play on a small TV, so I guess it's not as pressing an issue for me as it is other people. also, brightness settings are your friend.

My brightness settings have not changed in a very long time.  My room is well lit.  Nothing else bothers my eyes.  Mission beginnings didn't used to have that bright white flash.  If I adjust my settings to make that flash less bright then everything else will just be too dark.  This isn't an "us" problem it's a problem with Warframe that should be fixed.  

Its caused by adaptive exposure, which is meant to simulate eye adaptation. For some reason, adaptive exposure in Warframe reacts to things it shouldn't, in ways that don't make sense. The fade in from black when you load into a mission triggers sudden light adaptation, which causes that "flashbang" effect. Its just like when you wake up at 3am to go to the bathroom, flip the light switch and temporarily blind yourself.

Dark adaption takes much longer than light adaptation (hours compared to seconds), so if the goal is to simulate eye adaption in game, it can't react like a flashbang if you are only in darkness briefly. You need to be in darkness for hours, gain natural night vision and then flip on a light switch to get hit with this level of exposure.

I don't know how it is implemented in Warframe and there is no longer an option for users to disable adaptive exposure, but I have used things like SweetFX in other games where the post processing is done right at the end. As such, you end up with effects like bloom and auto exposure affecting UI elements, loading screens and subtitles which is...not desirable.

Archived