Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinion: subjecting us to the same nora voice lines over and over again for this long is DE's most baffling design choice to date.

(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

I dont get why this is still an issue. Everybody is tired of hearing "detecting glass resonance" and every other thing over and over. 

The enemies are just annoying too. 

I have yet to see anyone defend it any time the issue comes up. 

Its unfortunate because shes an interesting character and the voice actress is talented but its getting obnoxious. Can we please have an option to get her to stop talking? Or better yet opt out of having whatever game mode we're playing interrupted ? Id litetally pay money to opt out of nightwave completely after rank 30. 

I'll say it as many times as I have to: Either focus on NW, or remove the darn lore aspect of it, and Nora along. Every goddamn NW is the same case of abandonment.

I get that times are rough, I'm aware that intentions are good, but if they can't manage it all then at least cut the worse parts of development like this one since it's not only doing absolutely nothing for the players, it's even becoming annoying for many of them. No upsides, just downsides.

I do agree that her voices starts off smooth but now it's like nails on a chalk board. Problem is we all know how annoying she is and her glass idiots but since DE have allowed it... not sure what we can say.

Heck they should of just turned off the glass enemies the moment the season was drawing out too long. Because that S#&$ is the most annoying thing ever. Esp when Demios first released and we had to farm Son and Daughter tokens my god.... did i throw my controller a few times when glass lads messed it up.

The whole Nightwave should just be as is with changed rewards  every three months. NORA AND THE GOD DANG lore should go just go it wastes developer time and just ends up annoying us. Focus should remain on the battlepass aspect of NW that's it!.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I find it strange how people say Nora is annoying yet lines that have been in the game for years, like Corrupted Vor's monologue, are immortalized in meme form. 

still we're closer to the end of this season, I know it's tough, but NO GLASS IS UNBREAKABLE, DREAMERS!

Vor isn't in every mission, in every open world, in my bathtub and my shower and even when i look into the flippin mirror while changing...

25 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

I'll say it as many times as I have to: Either focus on NW, or remove the darn lore aspect of it, and Nora along. Every goddamn NW is the same case of abandonment.

THIS ^^^^^^^

I know I can’t speak for everyone but I can’t imagine that many people actually care about the NW lore. It’s a good system for rewards and it could 10x better and faster if they stopped being so extra and just dropped the lore. 

Side note but it’s very weird how DE picks and chooses where to focus their attention. I will never understand their design philosophy, I just play what they give me and try not to think too much about it. Trying to make sense of all their decisions will only lead to frustration.

24 minutes ago, (XB1)EPOSSTYLE said:

Imagine how hard it is to record a few more lines, are you out of your mind!

It's not hard, but INSANELY EXPENSIVE. I think that all game developers should stop wasting tons and Tons and TOns and TONs and TONS of money on it. Of course it won't happen, which is really sad.

Both her and the glassed enemies are driving me insane.

It isn't enough that I have to deal with those annoying A******s 

In 

Every

Single

Mission

But nora always flies in with the same voicelines that make zero sense. I know what's protecting them, I know how to deal with the enemies, i know who glassed them stop asking the same god damn thing we already know. And stop spawning every god damn time I play the game. It's stupid.

They really need to multiply the amount of voice actors and dialogue automated into the game, even some operator comments would be welcome at this point. They could even make a schedule for remarks rotated in and out so some semblance of life exist. 

But even than, it probably wouldn't escape the demagoguerous undertones permeating throughout the game. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I find it strange how people say Nora is annoying yet lines that have been in the game for years, like Corrupted Vor's monologue, are immortalized in meme form.

I can answer this!  Vor only shows up in a few places- he's not constantly in your way.  When he is in your way, you can satisfyingly shoot him and listen to him excuse his loss to his followers who you will also immediately skewer. 

Nora's on the bloody radio.  Something I loved about this game was how comfy and space-y the orbiter felt.  Now it's "Hey kiddo" and "DREEEEEAMERS" and "Reptilian Hind-brain" when I just want to stroll around my comfy spaceship and listen to the world.   Now when I want to hang, I just log out of Warframe. 

Archived