Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinion: subjecting us to the same nora voice lines over and over again for this long is DE's most baffling design choice to date.

(XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA

8 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

TSD was in 2015.

Unless you want to be techincal to the date and go straight to December 2015.

Silly Kaotyke, 4 years 10 months and dead on 2 weeks is not 5 years. How dare you. Your post is misleading and you are definitely wrong. 

Shame on you, your family and your horse. Or cow... whichever... both?

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Silly Kaotyke, 4 years 10 months and dead on 2 weeks is not 5 years. How dare you. Your post is misleading and you are definitely wrong. 

Shame on you, your family and your horse. Or cow... whichever... both?

The horse is now being a pack mule.

The Cow knew too much and was send to... The Farm.

IF DE cant round up NW in a year at least give us an option to opt-out of HOL UP DETECTING GLASS in every mission, it got really old and became annoyance and frankly it ruins the atmosphere in open worlds, it shouldn't even be there. And it also interferes with other announcer messages.

nw is static system and arbitrary without any shedule to end. And the nora voices must go....just the sound effects of glass ...its more than enough to alert us. But....we are already lvl 90 on nw....no point keep spawning....

The entire nw must go.....thats the true.

18 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

TSD was in 2015.

Unless you want to be techincal to the date and go straight to December 2015.

I mean, maybe they were mixed up by us not getting the mobile operators until The War Within, before that we just had transcendence right, not transference? Unless my memory is wrong, could easily be lol. 

47 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I mean, maybe they were mixed up by us not getting the mobile operators until The War Within, before that we just had transcendence right, not transference? Unless my memory is wrong, could easily be lol. 

Correct. Until then we were spiritual Iron Man, shooting Unibeams and making silly jokes.

22 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

I dont get why this is still an issue. Everybody is tired of hearing "detecting glass resonance" and every other thing over and over. 

The enemies are just annoying too. 

I have yet to see anyone defend it any time the issue comes up. 

Its unfortunate because shes an interesting character and the voice actress is talented but its getting obnoxious. Can we please have an option to get her to stop talking? Or better yet opt out of having whatever game mode we're playing interrupted ? Id litetally pay money to opt out of nightwave completely after rank 30. 

Ok? So you are totally fine with over 4 years of "I'm detecting a large security force heading your way. It's the Grineer" and also "Operator? Ordis wonders ... what are you thinking about?"

But a mere month of Nora makes triggers you?

35 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Ok? So you are totally fine with over 4 years of "I'm detecting a large security force heading your way. It's the Grineer" and also "Operator? Ordis wonders ... what are you thinking about?"

But a mere month of Nora makes triggers you?

Ordis yes, there's a reason he's handicapped that way and it makes sense in-story.   Also, I had good times with Ordis (Octavia quest).  Can't say the same for the other two.

There's no in-universe reason for Nora and Lotus to be suffering from the same thing. 

E:  Also add "

Spoiler

Hey Kiddo

" to the list of things I'm not totally fine with.  Once was incredible, once a day was obnoxious.

On 2020-10-19 at 7:08 PM, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

I find it strange how people say Nora is annoying yet lines that have been in the game for years, like Corrupted Vor's monologue, are immortalized in meme form. 

still we're closer to the end of this season, I know it's tough, but NO GLASS IS UNBREAKABLE, DREAMERS!

Cuz the VoR monologue is very well written. Where vast majority of what Nora says is dumb S#&$. Not just the glass stuff. Everything she says. 

19 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Ami the only one that likes glass enemies? Sure, Nora might be anything, but I like the idea of slightly tougher enemy spawning at random. I hope they implement it into the main game somehow. 

Nope, you not the only one. I also enjoy their random appearances. I absolutely do not mind Nora and her repetitive phrases, we been hearing the same lines from Lotus, Ordis, Darvo, Vay Hek, pretty much every single character in the game, for years, so it is very amusing that people complain for just a couple of weeks of Nora and her Glassmaker quotes.

But then again, this is the warframe community we are talking about, yes, the very community that got nominated for the GoldenJoystick Awards for "best" community award. The same community that finds the most ridiculous reasons to whine and make a non issue, an issue.

PS: The Warframe Community is larger than just the forums where most of the ridiculousness happens. If new prospects come and see how whiny the forums are, of course that gives a bad first impression. And do not get me started on the other face of the community: The Content Creators.

5 hours ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Oh, neat idea. You paying for it?

Actually.. yeah.  I dropped in for the first time in a year or so,  spent ~$60 bucks on the game, then dropped back out after getting spammed with glass messages.  If there's five people like me then that would pay for the mute button at least.  The dysfunctional Orokin family doesn't work for me- making the mysterious ancient tech faction into scrabbling morons just lessens the tension.  But I would have stayed if some of my money was going towards implementing basic QOL functions.

go into audio options and set Transmissions volume to 0

i've had enough of Lotus lines for missions after all these years, i could not tolerate it.  the same S#&$ repeated over and over and over is not necessary for long time players, nor this nightwave appearances of those glA******s  -..-

27 minutes ago, Jylon said:

go into audio options and set Transmissions volume to 0

i've had enough of Lotus lines for missions after all these years, i could not tolerate it.  the same S#&$ repeated over and over and over is not necessary for long time players, nor this nightwave appearances of those glA******s  -..-

That doesn't stop the pop-ups.  It's no more a solution than opening a chat tab to a random clan member then leaving it open to hide the chat window.

These are very basic things that should have been changed last time I was playing.  The fact that they are still unfixed now is... bad.  Heck, I've been on the forum for about a day to figure out the state of things and I've seen 3 separate "mute Nora" threads.   This is not a small problem.

I got no problems with the voice lines she can say that all day if she wants. My problem is open words where the enemies keep spawning every 40 seconds it feels like get really annoying deppending what bounty you do. In regular missions they seem to spawn 1 time and never again (can't fully confirm this as hardly ever going past 10min/waves but the few times I did go longer it still only been one time).

On 2020-10-20 at 10:02 AM, five13 said:

Nora's on the bloody radio.  Something I loved about this game was how comfy and space-y the orbiter felt.  Now it's "Hey kiddo" and "DREEEEEAMERS" and "Reptilian Hind-brain" when I just want to stroll around my comfy spaceship and listen to the world.   Now when I want to hang, I just log out of Warframe. 

Speaking of which, it's a real shame that nightwave has shoved the police scanner out of the way. I normally have it turned off, but now I don't even have the chance to put it back on. EDIT: No, it's still there... but I can't listen to it without getting my ears stabbed by Nora's obnoxious blabbering. Probably why I disabled it in the first place.

Archived