Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Gift Platinum!

Leorion

I am sorry if this has been posted before. I checked the FGF thread and I couldn't find anything about it. I also searched around for this feature and couldn't find anything. 

Hello community of Warframe! I have come with one basic and really awesome suggestion for everybody. Gifting platinum! I would have never reached anywhere near where I am without the help of some awesome people and in return, I want to give them something that will make their experience even better! I would like to suggest a feature to allow me to buy Platinum for a person.

These people are online friends, so I can't "give them money" instead. I do not use steam, so I cannot make us of that option either. I want to directly send platinum to their account. ^^

Edited by Leorion

Send your CC through Express Deliveries to their respective Homes with a Thank you note for being such a Good Online Friend. 

Dont forget to stick a C4 on your Gift. It needs to run in style.

With shipping prices these days?!

You did not send your Mother's Toy, didnt you? Or a Pic of your Wang? Oh God...

Heavens no! That stuff is normal ::)

It would be nice If i could type at the global chat /give <NAME> <amount P> OR /give <Name> <Amount C> 

And P = Platinum and C = Credits .

That would be great! Really easy to use too! 

Well, then there's suddenly a good reason for account hacking.  To steal your platinum.

Plus, the starter platinum?  Create infinite accounts, transfer it to your main.

I'm all for gifting, but it should be more along the lines of buying a gift code.

Well, then there's suddenly a good reason for account hacking.  To steal your platinum.

Plus, the starter platinum?  Create infinite accounts, transfer it to your main.

I'm all for gifting, but it should be more along the lines of buying a gift code.

Hmm, I see. Well to start, you would buy and gift from the shop directly and also about hacking.. isn't that also applicable now? Anyone now is still prone to hacking I don't see how giving gifts makes a good reason for hacking.

It's not that it would make hacking easier - it's that it would make it profitable.  Right now, if someone hacks you, they might screw up your account, but they can't get anything out of it.  There's no profit to be made.

Make this change though, and if you account gets hacked they can siphon off your platinum.  All of a sudden there's profit to be had, not just causing mischief.  That always brings out the criminal types.

@Mikovsky

That would prevent the hackers from actually getting anything and it would still allow for gifting of plat, which I would *love* to be able to do. Either as a gift to someone, or setting up private competitions for my small clan and rewarding plat on how well they do.

The easy answer is to have them add a gifting option to the buying page for platinum--input the name of the account you're buying for.

Both you and they are required to accept this in-game, to 100% confirm you've gotten the right person. Have it generate a confirmation code at point-of-sale, which it tells you, and then you tell them that code in-game so they can input it to accept it.

This shouldn't be *too* hard to pull off.

It's not that it would make hacking easier - it's that it would make it profitable.  Right now, if someone hacks you, they might screw up your account, but they can't get anything out of it.  There's no profit to be made.

Make this change though, and if you account gets hacked they can siphon off your platinum.  All of a sudden there's profit to be had, not just causing mischief.  That always brings out the criminal types.

Ah, I see what you mean. Well then an option to buy it for them (instead of transferring) should fix that, :)