Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Struggling to Play Again w/ Autoswap

TaemaNai

Hey guys, I'm really having a hard time with the melee autoswap. It keeps locking me into full melee when I need a gun or it switches back to the wrong gun. I've even had it drop me out of the air when I needed to aim glide. It's making playing this game a real chore but I can't find any way to toggle the behavior off. It looks like DE is keeping the auto-swap until the end of time so are there any workarounds or tips for dealing with this problematic behavior?

only time ive had auto swap is if im out of ammo or i get my gun taken from one of those grineer enemies.

hold F (default) to change to melee, tap it to swap between primary and secondary or to exit melee. otherwise just use E. never really need to go into full melee unless your purposefully blocking manually.

4 hours ago, TaemaNai said:

melee autoswap. It keeps locking me into full melee when I need a gun

That only happens when your gun runs out of ammo, so you wouldn't be able to use it, anyway.

4 hours ago, TaemaNai said:

I can't find any way to toggle the behavior off.

I mean, there's literally the "Auto Swap On Empty" toggle under Options -> Controls.

Or, are you saying you tried that and it doesn't change anything?

Not sure if it helps but....

Auto-switch/swap is a little buggy depending on which weapons you have equipped (primary,secondary, melee).   

Try adding or removing  a secondary to see if it changes anything for you.  If that doesnt work then try adding or removing primaries. 

Like if I just have a primary then aim gliding with a data mass makes me drop the damn thing..and what do you aim glide over most of the time...gaps... so the data mass falls in the gap and you have to backtrack to pick it up. 

Tranq guns and scanner and melee can go wonky if you have the wrong combo of weapons to..  

-------------------------------------------------------------

I've NEVER dropped out of an aim glide unless I tried to cast an ability or hit melee to ground slam....    The worse thing that happens during aim glides is when you get shot at and you start deflecting bullets in air and it slows you down lol.   I guess I dont ever bother trying to switch weapons mid aim-glide........... ???   "Oh this gun wont work to kill that guy I see while im flying through the air...I need my OTHER gun to make it look cooler.... "   ??????

Archived