Jump to content
Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo needs a Touch-Up


Joezone619

Recommended Posts

Limbo is a good frame, but hes just awkward to use, in order to get people in the rift, you need to either press 1 then shift to interact with them, or press 4 and wait though an animation for him to slam it down, half the time forgetting to press 2 and put stasis on.

most of the problem i notice with him currently though, is that you always need to take unnecessary steps in order to do anything with the rift. cataclsym isn't too bad sure, but its only ideal when there is no nullifiers or enemies that just ignore it (arbitration drones -_-).

I  think he needs something to make him more seamless to use, and i have a few suggestions for what to include.

 

 

- make his 1st hold to make a miniature cataclysm where limbos standing only around 5-10 meters and lasting 5-10 seconds

 

- make his 3rd hold to "evacuate" the rift, taking all entities out of it.

 

- completely remake his 2end ability. having to press it every so often, easily forgettable and tedious.

instead make it a consent drain, that only drain when things are in the rift, the more things, the more drain.

or make it last as long as cataclysm, but only freeze things that are 10-15 meters from the limbo.

or make it an entirely new ability, that lets you shoot enemies through the rift, but drain energy per shot/melee, and instead have enemies near limbo slowed by whatever percent, as a part of his passive, or as a part of the rift itself. (personally my favorite option)

 

- Add as a part of his passive, enemies that touch limbo are sometimes transported to the rift (but not enemies in the rift are transported back)

 

-Make is 3rd hold to teleport to nearest enemy in the rift

 

of all the warframe concepts, i have to say the concept of "dimensions" for limbo is my favorite, but due to how tedious he is, i cant say hes my favorite frame. and of course i dont expect them to rework him anytime soon, but just thought i'd post this along with my ideas. He doesn't need a full rework, or changes, i think he mostly just needs to be added to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly I think limbo is fine where he's at, I just want the ability to put people in and out of the rift like we used to have and not only shift them out of the plane you're currently in. I liked being able to pull enemies into the rift with me and use limbo as an "isolate and annihilate" frame more actively and without spamming cataclysm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Caobie said:

I just want the ability to put people in and out of the rift like we used to have and not only shift them out of the plane you're currently in.

thats what imn talking about, hes just tedious to play now, so you dont usually use him unless you need to like defense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Joezone619 said:

- completely remake his 2end ability. having to press it every so often, easily forgettable and tedious.

instead make it a consent drain, that only drain when things are in the rift, the more things, the more drain.

Please no. Drains are never* good, especially so for Oberon styled ones.

This also nullifies a good chunk of his passive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Caobie said:

Honestly I think limbo is fine where he's at, I just want the ability to put people in and out of the rift like we used to have and not only shift them out of the plane you're currently in. I liked being able to pull enemies into the rift with me and use limbo as an "isolate and annihilate" frame more actively and without spamming cataclysm.

Im with this. I think his abilities are in a good place over all. I never use his 1, but i can see it having its place. And while nullifiers might be a pain, its just something to plan around. When im using him against corpus, i take a tighter bubble.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah, im not saying his abilities need to be entirely changed, they ARE good where they are at, but the DO need to be made less tedious, less effort, less annoyance. that should make some way to banish enemies in and out of the rift, regardless of which one your on (other then his 3rd cuz you still need them in the rift in the first place), they should make a way to damage enemies while you not on the same plane, though i believe it should be somewhat limited,

he doesn't need a rework, just a few touch ups. to make more tolerable for both the player, and other players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

or press 4 and wait though an animation for him to slam it down, half the time forgetting to press 2 and put stasis on.

Use Natural Talent, it's an essential mod for any good Limbo build.

 

14 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

make his 1st able to hold to make a miniature cataclysm where limbos standing only around 5-10 meters and lasting 5-10 seconds

why? Just why?

 

14 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

- make his 3rd able to hold to "evacuate" the rift, taking all entities out of it.

Limbo can already do that by holding banish.
 

 

14 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

- completely remake his 2end ability. having to press it every so often, easily forgettable and tedious.

You want a signature move changed cause you can't bother to pay attention to a timer?

 

14 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

instead make it a consent drain, that only drain when things are in the rift, the more things, the more drain.

The rift torrent augment gives a dmg buff that mostly scales with number of enemies inside rift. This change will directly conflict that augment as nobody wants an unsustainable energy drain. Imagine facing energy leech eximus units with this version of stasis.
 

 

14 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

or make it last as long as cataclysm, but only freeze things that are 10-15 meters from the limbo.

This is acceptable but still not as good as the current stasis and doesn't live up to Limbo's theme of being nowhere and everywhere at the same time (reference: Limbo rework profile video)
Edit: this will break Limbo's mobile defense and will encourage players to camp inside cataclysm to be effective. Definitely not acceptable as I often venture out of cataclysm to have fun with enemies while my abilities protect the defense terminal.
 

 

14 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

or make it an entirely new ability, that lets you shoot enemies through the rift, but drain energy per shot/melee, and instead have enemies near limbo slowed by whatever percent, as a part of his passive, or as a part of the rift itself. (personally my favorite option)

This has to be a joke. Exodia contagion was fixed during scarlet spear for being able to dmg enemies outside rift. No way it's coming back.

 

14 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

Add as a part of his passive, enemies that touch limbo are sometimes transported to the rift (but not enemies in the rift are transported back)

Useless passive like Frost that just exists but doesn't do anything.

 

14 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

of all the warframe concepts, i have to say the concept of "dimensions" for limbo is my favorite

Then I suggest you stick around and experiment with different builds to find a play style you're comfortable with. Nobody ever said mastering Limbo is brain dead easy as you want it to be with these proposed changes. The more you know about rift-material plane interactions the more your Limbo gameplay will improve. To the point where nullifiers and arbi drones will just feel like a mild inconvenience.

In conclusion, Limbo does NOT need any kind of touch up or rework at the moment. I'm sure DE already has their hands full with other things, but I still need to say this as they sometimes take the wrong feedback. The addition of hold to release functionality to banish pretty much completed Limbo and any further changes/rework will simply ruin his kit and the beautiful synergies among them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

Use Natural Talent

wastes a mod slot that could be used for more important things.

2 hours ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

why?

beacuse he needs more ways to get people closer to him in the rift other then "giant bubble" or "chain banish"

2 hours ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

Limbo can already do that by holding banish.

this really needs to be made more obvious DE.

2 hours ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

You want a signature move changed

last time i checked a warframes "signature move" is supposed to be the 4th, thats how underwhelming (but still useful) his 4th is.

2 hours ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

The rift torrent augment gives a dmg buff that mostly scales with number of enemies inside rift. This change will directly conflict that augment as nobody wants an unsustainable energy drain.

pretty sure the damage buff only changes with power strength, and limbo gains 10 energy per enemy killed in the rift, so yeah, "unsustainable" isn't quite the word i'd use.

2 hours ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

This is acceptable but still not as good as the current stasis and doesn't live up to Limbo's theme of being nowhere and everywhere at the same time

To be frank, im not sure why DE halfed it in the first place, if limbo practically has nearly infinite energy with the rift.

2 hours ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

This has to be a joke. Exodia contagion was fixed during scarlet spear for being able to dmg enemies outside rift. No way it's coming back.

either something like that, or something to allow him to banish enemies from within the rift.

2 hours ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

Useless passive like Frost that just exists but doesn't do anything.

i actually agree on this one, but to be fair i was just spitballing ideas.

 

2 hours ago, --Q--EXHALER_Wolf said:

The addition of hold to release functionality to banish pretty much completed Limbo and any further changes/rework will simply ruin his kit and the beautiful synergies among them.

To be clear im not saying he needs to be reworked, or changed, more of just added to to make him easier to use, and viable for more then just "defend the thing".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's like 50 frames in the game, I'm not sure why ppl fell the need to make a specific frame universally effective.

Frames like Chroma and Rhino chew through bosses, frames like Saryn and Mesa chew through swarms. 

Limbo is good at CC, and only nullifies and arbitration even challenge his mechanic, yet somehow he needs universal use case. 

Every frame could be improved, but Limbo isn't even visible from the front of the line. His primary problem is the number of players who don't want to cooperate with him... and he doesn't need that change either.

He's the best at Corpus Spy, and effective at objective defense, especially not on the isolated arbitration mode and against the possible Corpus or Corrupted Nullifier, the rest of the time, he's AoE time stop. And whining about activating his freeze isn't very compelling. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2020-10-21 at 3:53 AM, Joezone619 said:

To be clear im not saying he needs to be reworked, or changed, more of just added to to make him easier to use, and viable for more then just "defend the thing".

Limbo isn't Rhino or Inaros or Wukong and you can't expect every frame to be brain dead easy. Learning to use a frame properly while covering for their weaknesses with spoiler mode and player skill is part of the fun. And who told you Limbo is only viable for defending the objective? He's viable in a lot of missions because he brings something unique to complete it faster or easier and he's also one of the best frames for long survival missions due to the absurdly high damage bonus of rift torrent. For example, I've done 5h of steel path Ani in void with nothing but an Opticor Vandal with Limbo and it was one of the most effortless runs and also my longest solo survival so far. What began as a test to see how far this weapon can go in steel path ended with my patience running out before the life support could.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...