Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Didn't play for a year, is Valkyr still irrelevant?

SonicSonedit

4 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Pointing out the downsides is disliking? I can say a downside of Warcry is that it does not nuke that the entire tile. Does that mean I dislike it? no
Pointing out that something has aspects that have diminished/non-existent value is entirely separate from my feeling about it.

And again I point out the fact that you obviously don't like it. I gave you a lot of opportunities to realise that proclaiming that you don't dislike something isn't the same as saying that you like it and I quoted the post that started our interaction showing that nobody claimed that you dislike it. All they said was if you don't like it, you can not use it. But that decision depends on an honest introspection and admitting to oneself whether you like it or not. 

So, one last time:

17 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Do you like the ability?

The circle is closed. 

16 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

Without mods that buff the butt size, he's literally unplayable.

Wdym by butt size? Cuz my baruuk works just fine everywhere I take him ,and I run him as a main on steel path of with no issues . So once again I think that people just want Warframes to be overpowered  and increases to things that actually don't need improved. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

And again I point out the fact that you obviously don't like it. I gave you a lot of opportunities to realise that proclaiming that you don't dislike something isn't the same as saying that you like it and I quoted the post that started our interaction showing that nobody claimed that you dislike it. All they said was if you don't like it, you can not use it. But that decision depends on an honest introspection and admitting to oneself whether you like it or not. 

So, one last time:

The circle is closed. 

Do you still beat your wife? Since we want loaded questions.

4 минуты назад, (XB1)IMABEMEOUTLAW сказал:

Wdym by butt size? Cuz my baruuk works just fine everywhere I take him ,and I run him as a main on steel path of with no issues . So once again I think that people just want Warframes to be overpowered  and increases to things that actually don't need improved. 

But he's objectively lacking in that area. DE already has a track record of buffing and improving posterior effects - like with Mesa. Nezha got an increase too, but only as part of his deluxe skin. Clear P2W right there, sadly.

i'll stop now

6 minutes ago, Serafim_94 said:

But he's objectively lacking in that area. DE already has a track record of buffing and improving posterior effects - like with Mesa. Nezha got an increase too, but only as part of his deluxe skin. Clear P2W right there, sadly.

i'll stop now

I see no areas he lacks in tbh, guess everyone has their opinions tho.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

I do not, and I never did. 

See? I can answer the question, honestly, and do so willingly. You seem to have a difficult time doing the same, for some reason. 🤷‍♂️

And you act like I didn't answer your question? Okay, lets spell it out for you. I do not possess any feelings of "like" towards the ability. The absence of this does not imply the presence of of the feeling "dislike" however.

After I played Valkyr few times on SP survival for 1 hour (couldn’t go more because of irl). So far what can I say:

1) Passive is completely useless, if you get knocked down against 250 lvl enemies you will be permastunned with fire eximus and you’re done. Unfortunately I don’t have prime sure footed and I had to put some status resisting ability. It definitely mandatory mod for such content . Having something niche like 2% lifesteal on heavy attacks or other melee based passive would be much better for her.

2) Valkyr skills are pretty bad(1 useless, 3rd useless without range and augment, 4 need some good feature, like with new augment), because they all need augments to be really good, and that’s the problem, imo , same for necros, but his kit is still going to have bigger possible ceiling . 

So that’s my two most big problems with Valkyr, since it’s my second most played warframe all-time, I do want her to be great again.

39 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

And you act like I didn't answer your question? Okay, lets spell it out for you. I do not possess any feelings of "like" towards the ability. The absence of this does not imply the presence of of the feeling "dislike" however.

🥱

17 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

So...  that's a no, isn't it?

You see? We've already completed the dance, Tenno. We went full circle, and you're still afraid to just say "I don't like it", because it would be make the following statement look a bit silly:

19 hours ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I love how you turn it into that I somehow dislike the ability.

What you don't realise is that because they never said that you dislike it, as I showed you already, it already looked silly from the moment you wrote it. 

I tell you what, you are free to go through the motions as often as you like, but since we're literally covering the exact same ground, how about you just look at the previous responses and pretend that I wrote them again from now on? 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You see? We've already completed the dance, Tenno. We went full circle, and you're still afraid to just say "I don't like it", because it would be make the following statement look a bit silly:

Indeed that is why. Because I want to avoid apparent contradictions. Like and dislike are not binary, which is what I've been trying to reinforce. To say I do not like something is not to say I dislike it. I'm willing to do the dance to preserve my points, regardless of how you try to get me to say I dislike it.

She is to me.  I have every frame, and nearly all of them are forma'd out with different builds.  The list of frames I haven't built out is in the single digits, and Valkyr is one of those for me.  She just doesn't interest me at all.  Everything she does, another frame does better.  To top it off, I hate her Ripline and Paralysis.  I think they're two of the worst abilities in the game, in the context of her kit.  That means she's a pure melee frame, with two bad abilities (it's my opinion, it's not changing, don't @ me about it) and two abilities just for melee and tanking.  There are better melee frames, better melee weapons than her exalted claws, and better tank frames.

I also don't like any of the helmets that were available for her the last time I checked.  Even her fashionframe isn't my cup of tea.

She has her fans though, and I don't want to discount them.  She's still effective, does what she's supposed to, and isn't a bad frame.  Just not one I like.

3 hours ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Indeed that is why. Because I want to avoid apparent contradictions. Like and dislike are not binary, which is what I've been trying to reinforce. To say I do not like something is not to say I dislike it. I'm willing to do the dance to preserve my points, regardless of how you try to get me to say I dislike it.

It's a point that was never contested, Tenno. Look back at the messages, you're the only one of the three of us, who has an issue with admitting that you don't like something. 😉

10 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Funny how you keep trying to contest it, but hey, you have a right to your opinion too 🙃

Do you really need me to quote everything all over again, to see that nobody asked if you dislike it during this episode? I can if you really need it, with timestamps intact to show that none of the posts have currently been edited from the original form. The question was always some version of "do you like it" and the original that kicked it off was "if you don't like it". 

The fact that you're struggling to avoid saying "no" was clear as day. The implications of that, were clear even from the post that you made which lead to the "if you don't like it" comment, but feel free to continue trying to convince yourself otherwise, Tenno.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The fact that you're struggling to avoid saying "no" was clear as day. The implications of that, were clear even from the post that you made which lead to the "if you don't like it" comment, but feel free to continue trying to convince yourself otherwise

It’s really not a struggle. I can say the exact same thing about many abilities. Do I like void spines? The answer is I am neutral on on it. “Do you like x ability” is generally going to end in a response that I’m neutral to it. I like and dislike few abilities, and warcry falls into neither of those categories. So in that sense, sure, I do not like it. In the sense you seem to be pressing however, I cannot give a genuine answer that you will accept it seems. For you, the absence of like would imply dislike, which is not what I feel, which is why I go to these length to make it clear what my position is.

So in that sense, sure, I do not like it.

Congratulations.

In the sense you seem to be pressing however, I cannot give a genuine answer that you will accept it seems. For you, the absence of like would imply dislike, which is not what I feel, which is why I go to these length to make it clear what my position is.

Odd, you just did. And no, it's always going to be far easier just to ask what someone else is thinking, than trying to decide what they've said isn't what they meant. That's why I kept asking you if you like it.

Now that you know that you don't like it, what @(PS4)Madurai-Prime said comes into play, there's a lot of ways that we can play to achieve effects, the benefits are subjective, but if you don't like something, you have the option to not use it. Each of us has a differen't play style and a different intention when picking a particular frame, and building for a particular ability, and that variation is one of the things I really do enjoy about this game. We see people do weird things all the time, things that aren't the meta. It encourages us to adapt continuously and not go into a rut.

Play with the warcry if you want, sub out for an arcane or other ability if you want. Others will do what they want too. It's all good.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Congratulations.

Odd, you just did. And no, it's always going to be far easier just to ask what someone else is thinking, than trying to decide what they've said isn't what they meant. That's why I kept asking you if you like it.

Now that you know that you don't like it, what @(PS4)Madurai-Prime said comes into play, there's a lot of ways that we can play to achieve effects, the benefits are subjective, but if you don't like something, you have the option to not use it. Each of us has a differen't play style and a different intention when picking a particular frame, and building for a particular ability, and that variation is one of the things I really do enjoy about this game. We see people do weird things all the time, things that aren't the meta. It encourages us to adapt continuously and not go into a rut.

Play with the warcry if you want, sub out for an arcane or other ability if you want. Others will do what they want too. It's all good.

And just as I thought, you completely ignored everything I said.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I did not. Perhaps you did. You made it abundantly clear, even before any of our messages that you don't like the ability. We both recognise that it's not the same as disliking it, and I've pointed out repeatedly that the conversation isn't about whether you dislike it. Think of it as being at a banquet. You have lots of options, some that you will like, others that you dislike, and ones that you are neutral towards. We're telling you that it's fine to choose to fill yourself on the ones that you like, and you're trying to debate the fact that you don't dislike others but are instead neutral to them.

You'd make for a very unusual guest on board a luxury cruise. 😄

7 minutes ago, (XB1)TheWayOfWisdom said:

It's not a big deal. It just seemed you didn't like it because you said the ability is "just an arcane", which has a somewhat negative connotation, as the arcane is 60%, and Warcry can obviously be much higher than that, negating the need to use both the arcane and a high strength warcry.

There are weapons or abilities I'm neutral about as well so it's all good lol. 

Archived