Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove reviving from Arbitrations, make steel path 1 Life only.

Remove the reviving stuff from Arbitration please. It only punishes the rest. (When somebody dies, you collect tokens from destroyed drones, which are hard to avoid, and each token reduces your chances of survival) Leeches keep joining, without prep, and get bodied in the first 2 minutes. You die, you leave. No rewards on death. 

And do the same thing to Steel path, if you die, you get force ejected from Mission. No rewards.

This kind of thing is more "End game" like. As a high MR i would appreciate this.

This used to be the case. It caused rampant issues with host migrations when people would die and not be patient enough to allow the squad to leave, causing those still alive to get booted back to their orbiter and lose their rewards, or die during the migration and fail.

As an aside, I wouldn't say it's hard to avoid the tokens. As a matter of fact, sometimes I have trouble actually picking the suckers up, since their collection hitbox is so tiny.

Honestly man, this post just reads like elitism. Dying quickly in an arbitration doesn't make you a leech, especially so long as things like toxic ancient hooks and mutalist osprey clouds continue to exist. Anything from a connection hiccup, to getting stuck on terrain, a particularly powerful proc that gets noticed too late, or even an arby drone rounding a corner at a bad time can cause a death, especially on squisher or higher-execution frames. It isn't a bad thing to encourage teamwork in end-game content to reduce the burden on any one individual, or even to prevent deaths in the first place, and to make you mindful of something other than just shooting things (the tokens).

Cant speak for Arbitration but you are looking at Steel Path wrong. DE stated that Steel Path wasn't going to be a end game thing. I will admit i am unsure what their vision for Steel Path is but they were at least forthright in their claim that its not the end game. 

23 minutes ago, Kaokasalis said:

Cant speak for Arbitration but you are looking at Steel Path wrong. DE stated that Steel Path wasn't going to a end game thing. I will admit i am unsure what their vision for Steel Path is but they were at least forthright in their claim that its the end game. 

Steel Path is a thing because a small minority of overpowered people demanded the option to start their missions (survival, for the most part) at a much higher level than the normal starchart ones are.

Its basically for the overpowered people to start a mission that feels somehow "challenging" instead of "everything dead on sight"

If we went this route with Steel Path, we'd also have to remove coop from it, since any conceivable challenge posed to a geared late game solo player is immediately re-trivialized in a squad. I'd be fine with that personally, but I probably wouldn't be fine with how any form of one-death mechanic would make it very annoying to iterate on builds for squishy frames, while tank frames would never even notice they added such a thing. Also, as the term "end game" never fails to get the salt flowing here for some reason, I've found that it's better to talk in terms of early-mid-late game.

2 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Steel Path is a thing because a small minority of overpowered people demanded

Why the salt? I'd have given up on WF if not for Steel Path. It was a nice thing to do for longtime players, or anyone who enjoys minmaxing with this game's wonderful build system. It's so sad to go back to normal mode and see how little your build choices matter after a certain point in player power progression.

6 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

Why the salt? I'd have given up on WF if not for Steel Path. It was a nice thing to do for longtime players, or anyone who enjoys minmaxing with this game's wonderful build system. It's so sad to go back to normal mode and see how little your build choices matter after a certain point in player power progression.

What salt? Did I say that the mode was bad?
Steel Path is only a thing because a small group of very persistent players asked DE again and again to implement something to skip 1+ hour wait in survival.

I'm a longtime player myself and don't often play it because it really limits loadout choices to stuff that is inherently good or goofy equipment with tons of forma.

2 hours ago, Amadeus_the_Executioner said:

Remove the reviving stuff from Arbitration please. It only punishes the rest. (When somebody dies, you collect tokens from destroyed drones, which are hard to avoid, and each token reduces your chances of survival) Leeches keep joining, without prep, and get bodied in the first 2 minutes. You die, you leave. No rewards on death. 

And do the same thing to Steel path, if you die, you get force ejected from Mission. No rewards.

This kind of thing is more "End game" like. As a high MR i would appreciate this.

so much delusional entitlement in one post smh. i can understand the reviving in arbitration frustrations, but speaking high MR, end game and one life in steel path feels like deluded thinking. what's the point of mr, or one life in steel path even if you can easily cheese them? as for your endgame. there is literally no endgame due to how powerful and cheesy our setups are. if you want endgame go play destiny 2. 

3 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Steel Path is only a thing because a small group of very persistent players... goofy equipment with tons of forma

You did it again. You sound like you resent the existence of Steel Path because you perceive it to have limited appeal, or resent more dedicated players who enjoy the build system. Goofy equipment with tons of forma is the best. I've got 12 forma in my Prisma Grakata and 8 in my Twin Grakatas. If there's any problem for me with Steel Path, it's the power imbalance between guns and melee.

59 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

You did it again. You sound like you resent the existence of Steel Path because you perceive it to have limited appeal, or resent more dedicated players who enjoy the build system. Goofy equipment with tons of forma is the best. I've got 12 forma in my Prisma Grakata and 8 in my Twin Grakatas. If there's any problem for me with Steel Path, it's the power imbalance between guns and melee.

I don't care for Steel Path. Its ok if other people enjoy stuff I don't like.

I DO however dislike that its required to use meta crutches for any serious stuff there and that the goofy gear requires me to grind my a$$ off to be viable anywhere after the starchart.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb Kaokasalis:

Cant speak for Arbitration but you are looking at Steel Path wrong. DE stated that Steel Path wasn't going to a end game thing. I will admit i am unsure what their vision for Steel Path is but they were at least forthright in their claim that its not the end game. 

Oops, completely forgot they said that, my bad.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb MasterControl:

This used to be the case. It caused rampant issues with host migrations when people would die and not be patient enough to allow the squad to leave, causing those still alive to get booted back to their orbiter and lose their rewards, or die during the migration and fail.

Ah, yes, the Host Migration of Death, thats the true End Game content... even for High MR it is luck based to survive a Host Migration. They should somehow fix that honestly.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb MasterControl:

Honestly man, this post just reads like elitism. 

Perhaps i am an Elitist. Honestly, 75% of the time, i just quit missions and restart them in Solo mode. It is some times too frustrating to play with people that are like mr25, but cant even stealth rush a Vault. I am probably expecting too much from some people. Thats why i wish we had some kind of game mode for Elitists. Tbh, thats what Arbitration was until they added the revival stuff, which removed that only mode, that i could enjoy online with other people.

Ah yes remove revives from arbitrations? Sounds like a wonderful IDEA i wonder how much better that will be just like the old days of random one tap bs to where you dont get a second to react and you're insta dead. Sounds like fun yea? No it doesn't get off your damn high horse and let people play the mode the way it now is. iirc most of the community hated arbitrations on launch due to the random BS that came from it and how you can get one tapped out of no where to then sit there and not get brought back or get ANY reward. You want people to play a mode that has a chance for you to get one tapped? Even with shield gating now and not be able to be revived because of the one tap bs?

6 hours ago, MasterControl said:

Sounds like DE should have fixed Migrations to actually work instead.

They're still a problem, for the entire game not just Arbitrations.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb PrinceMeliodas:

Ah yes remove revives from arbitrations? Sounds like a wonderful IDEA i wonder how much better that will be just like the old days of random one tap bs to where you dont get a second to react and you're insta dead. Sounds like fun yea? No it doesn't get off your damn high horse and let people play the mode the way it now is. iirc most of the community hated arbitrations on launch due to the random BS that came from it and how you can get one tapped out of no where to then sit there and not get brought back or get ANY reward. You want people to play a mode that has a chance for you to get one tapped? Even with shield gating now and not be able to be revived because of the one tap bs?

Well, or at least change how the revive mechanic works, i just dont want to get punished for when somebody dies... We should be able to drop the collected tokens or something.

Archived