Are Avichaea spawns broken?

Question

I can't get Avichea to spawn no matter what I try or how long I wait.

I'll find the lure point, call them in, but nothing ever shows up. I've tried 7 times and each attempt got nothing. I've done it invisible and waited, and even gone towards where the noise is to see if they got stuck or something. I know they fly so I look up, and nothing. Even brought Helios Prime in case it sees/scans on before I spot it, and it won't see anything either. The Tranq Rifle will beep to tell me there's something nearby, but at this point I think that's broken.

So what gives? Is it just me or are other people having trouble too?

5 answers to this question

Yeah, they're bugged. They do spawn but just really high in the air and they can get stuck in the odd tile sets. If you wait a bit and just look around the area you should be able to find it. That doesn't change the fact that this needs to be fixed though. 

You can also find them occasionally just around like the other animals. But I find them more glitched than the lure points. They seem to slowly float into space even if you tranqed them. 

they don’t literally spawn above the lure, but they do fly in to hover over it. And yes can get stuck in the scenery. Basically skip the one by the cranium area, there is one lure point there where they won’t spawn in a thing out of the 3 I tried. 

Edited by Gibsonx