Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here's The John Madden On How War Works

Earz

Now imagine John Madden saying this:

See, the winning side wins, when, the other side loses, meaning, the loser didn't win. Usually, that means the winner, gets something for winning, and the loser, gets nothing for losing, because they didn't win. But, when the losing side gets something, even though they lost, I consider that as winning, because they get something. So, to me, this is a win/win situation in my book.

I would've drawn up an MSPaint masterpiece, but I am a bit short on time. Maybe I'll do one later.

adxy.png

If every single mission is extermination or whatever the Corpus missions are (I wouldn't know since I am not a traitor), this event is a bust. There is nothing to these missions. I don't know what I was expecting, but it was more than single mission runs. Have large flowing fights, Have you fight along side a Champion like Vor/Kril or a pack of Hyenas/Jackle. Have some interactions with Vor to show the uneasiness between us, that he vehemently hates us for foiling the Sling-Stone operation. Maybe have some Fomorian ship missions to get the Infested involved in a different capacity. There is no reason this event could not have been a combination and expansion of concepts and ideas previously explored. I was hoping for more free-form choice driven levels, having multiple objectives; to interact with the enemy. You know, have it go all out. This event is reward heavily, but light on content. You know, the stuff that matters. It introduces no new concepts for game modes/the way we play, just more needless grind.

I will say it again. If you create compelling and fun gameplay, you don't need 1000 weapons or 300 Warframes. The ideas here were nice, the delivery of information was botched and the logic is just stupid. This coupled with the fact it is the same game being played, just with window dressing. This event does not create or give off the feeling of being "epic" (hate that word). It is just a means to show off new content and does nothing to promote creating player-driven choices that resonate in the gameplay. It is still running up and down the same interchangeable hallways killing the same enemies. This event shows off how stupid the A.I. is. Instead of moving as a unit with them, they all just cluster F*** around. I was picturing boarding parties, squads of structured/diverse units, you know make it seem like it wasn't just the A.I. being dragged along by a sting. I was expecting to maybe encounter Vor in the field. If you are working with the Grineer, he pelts you with scathing remarks, but asks your team to take out a generator and gives you some men and a bomb to do so. Then you return to him for a final push. Break up these more structured missions with the samey rushed oriented crap and you got yourself a truly grand event in scope. The allied Corpus/Grineer are not even helpful. It is a novelty at best. They get in the way and the number of enemies present do not warrant the number of Tenno or allied faction present. So you have a "huge battle" happening within the same confined areas all other missions take place in, yet you jam more people in there; the number of enemies does not require so many allied soldiers like I stated. If you were to spawn with a boarding party or a Champion unit and a party, then proceed to work through the level with a clear objective in mind; that would be way more compelling and something actually different(granted not much different, but still). You would have less clutter and a more directed flow to the mission.This event wreaks of laziness or lack direction/imagination, maybe both.

Edited by theGreatZamboni

It's the guy who writes all the books about conspiracies and how russians are evil. They even made games out of his books. Like call of duty 4: Modern warfare, call of duty: modern warfare 2, call of duty: modern warfare 3 and battlefield 3.

Isnt that Tom Clancy.

Krull you should really change your name here, everyone knows you and your attempts of trolling. :)

National Football (American!) League announcer, from way back. Like, waaaay back.

The majority of NFL sports video games use his name in them, I'm surprised you don't know him.

Madden NFL, now i know why that game has that name.

Not all of us here are from USA, and we dont follow that weird sport of yours :)

Madden NFL, now i know why that game has that name.

Not all of us here are from USA, and we dont follow that weird sport of yours :)

Oh, trust me, I don't follow it either. That's the extent of my American Football knowledge!

Well, that and... The offensive lineman are the biggest guys on the field. They're bigger than everyone else, that's why they're the biggest guys on the field."

— John Madden