Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So can the sentients give me an ETA when they plan to continue the invasion?

(PSN)Nighthawk2060

4 hours ago, (PS4)Nighthawk2060 said:

i don't feel very invaded right now. 

letting your enemy know when you're going to invade them kind of defeats the purpose though: you don't give your enemy time to prepare, you use the element of surprise. they're probably making sure they come back with the proper amount of forces necessary for a full takeover of the Origin system. remember, it's not just us now, there's countless Grineer and Corpus to deal with, and the Infested probably won't much like the Sentients either, if only for endangering their "food sources" (other people in the system)

on the dev side of things, we likely won't see any progress until DE can return to their office and have access to proper equipment like their MoCap studio again. it's gonna be a while...

3 hours ago, ShortCat said:

Aged like fine milk.

My hype has dissipated like the morning mist before the relentless onslaught of the sun.

New War used to be talked about all the time, but now it seems as though it's reached the point where it isn't even mentioned anymore.

It almost feels as if DE is hoping that we'll forget it even existed.

I was looking forward to this so much.

14 minutes ago, Fl_3 said:

My hype has dissipated like the morning mist before the relentless onslaught of the sun.

New War used to be talked about all the time, but now it seems as though it's reached the point where it isn't even mentioned anymore.

It almost feels as if DE is hoping that we'll forget it even existed.

I was looking forward to this so much.

DE have talked about it since then - basically the situation is that TNW was more affected than Deimos by Corona. Both were planned for this year (there was talk of this year including the New War and 'the next open world'), but once lockdown hit, Deimos was just getting developed a lot faster. Most likely due to mental health reasons more than technical ones - Deimos is based on pre-existing aesthetics and systems that have been in the game for years whilst DE have gone on record saying that developing the Aesthetic for Sentient content has been extremely hard creatively, and I've heard a lot of other accounts that stress and uncertainty is lethal for creative activities. DE also realised that they couldn't afford another empty Tennocon this year, so some time earlier this year they decided to bring forward Deimos so they could do what they did, which most likely took the form of putting more team on it.

This is why TNW was talked about so much at the start of the year, but not now. At the start of the year, DE's internal schedule was basically 'TNW in lots of smaller parts, then Deimos.' With TNW being the next thing on the agenda, they talked about it a lot to hype people up, and because it was on their minds. Sometime before Tennocon they realise progress is behind schedule and that community hype for Tennocon is at an all-time low. So the schedule gets changed, and now that TNW isn't the next thing on the block, they aren't talking about it. However, since they were working on it prior, it's highly unlikely the whole thing has been scrapped.

(This, by the way, is the meta explanation behind my own joke)

10 hours ago, (PS4)Nighthawk2060 said:

I know your busy and all since we kicked your metallic rears in the scarlet spear event, but c'mon this was supposed to be a full on invasion. other than the infestation, i don't feel very invaded right now. 

Imagine you were an invading force floating off the Coast of another country, far enough out that you're practically invisible.. you send your scouts in who are massively technologically superior, adaptive to any environment and use a two stage relay system of drone ship 'spears' to relay info back to your fleet. 

You'd expect to get some data back right? Like "this is the enemy, this is what they look like, this is what the lay of the land is" even that is BASIC stuff. Instead your scouts come back, one at a time, in a series of waves every few hours, lobotomized.

Not, damaged, wounded, destroyed, missing in action. Not gone, not tortured, maimed, just sent back LOBOTOMIZED

Tell me you wouldn't be absolutely Terrified of that response TO A SCOUT

Killing a scout would be easier and leave you more in the dark, getting the scout back, alive, physically healthy, completely brain dead, would be Terror tactics. 

They sent forth scouts and we sent back lobotomites.. why would we hear anything from/about them from that point forward? They'd be trying to hide as MUCH AS THEY CAN!

Honestly would you want to fight the Tenno army?. We are pretty much gods at this point and maybe watching us constantly murder legions of things wIth one button while we post on the forums and reddit has them rethinking the war.

We should just pick a time and go slaughter them all even the women and children!, although i still hate sand...

24 minutes ago, Seditious_Spyke said:

Imagine you were an invading force floating off the Coast of another country, far enough out that you're practically invisible.. you send your scouts in who are massively technologically superior, adaptive to any environment and use a two stage relay system of drone ship 'spears' to relay info back to your fleet. 

You'd expect to get some data back right? Like "this is the enemy, this is what they look like, this is what the lay of the land is" even that is BASIC stuff. Instead your scouts come back, one at a time, in a series of waves every few hours, lobotomized.

Not, damaged, wounded, destroyed, missing in action. Not gone, not tortured, maimed, just sent back LOBOTOMIZED

Tell me you wouldn't be absolutely Terrified of that response TO A SCOUT

Killing a scout would be easier and leave you more in the dark, getting the scout back, alive, physically healthy, completely brain dead, would be Terror tactics. 

They sent forth scouts and we sent back lobotomites.. why would we hear anything from/about them from that point forward? They'd be trying to hide as MUCH AS THEY CAN!

Bear in mind, we used to kill them, and when they were in a much more powerful state. So the question would be

"Are they doing this because they can? Or because they can't do anything else?"

Because the latter option is basically an invitation to go all-in.

5 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Bear in mind, we used to kill them, and when they were in a much more powerful state. So the question would be

"Are they doing this because they can? Or because they can't do anything else?"

Because the latter option is basically an invitation to go all-in.

At that point, they'd need a reason to not lob meteors into planets at sublight. 

Which would be insanely cool, but also unbalance the factions a bit.

12 minutes ago, five13 said:

At that point, they'd need a reason to not lob meteors into planets at sublight. 

Which would be insanely cool, but also unbalance the factions a bit.

In fairness if the trailer does ever come to fruition, that seems to be their MO. Just replace 'Meteor' with 'Condrix' and then fill them with hyper-adaptable death machines lusting for the slaughter of all unfortunate enough to survive impact.

7 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

In fairness if the trailer does ever come to fruition, that seems to be their MO. Just replace 'Meteor' with 'Condrix' and then fill them with hyper-adaptable death machines lusting for the slaughter of all unfortunate enough to survive impact.

AND I'M HYPED AGAIN!!!

On 2020-10-21 at 1:55 AM, BahamutKaiser said:

It was thwarted already, the resistance kicked their ass to hard. Political dissension has arisen over whether they should risk another complete defeat. 

Actually, it was merely an intel and fact-finding mission to test our capabilities and map out their invasion plans.

With the pandemic it’s obvious they need to re-assess and launch Scarlet Spear all over again.

Changing Parameters and Social distancing by the Organic Void Demons requires re-evaluation and more current Data.

Mother says the only Prudent thing for victory is to recyc-, I mean relaunch Scarlet Spear for the entirety of the Winter Soltice Season and see if those candy-cane weapons actually hurt.

I believe that Scarlet Spear was a failed experiment in Warframe raid content. As a player, I can't help but believe that DE really wanted clan-based raids to be a great new expansion. Sadly, it was met with a lot of confusion, bugs, and dissentian, and got modified so as to "fix" the event, but still left the concept unrealized.

If DE is still trying to sort out raid-style gameplay for Warframe, then it may be a while before these guys come knocking again. Whatever they do, it's going to have to be more PUG friendly...

Archived