Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gifting Level 0 Players Archwings - Can They Enter Railjack?

Taylor_MB

Question

Finally convinced some friends to try out Warframe this weekend, so I've been doing some Wiki trawling to figure out exactly what they'd need to play Railjack and all the build requirements and prerequisites. Basically, it's not great, they'd have to clear 3 junctions worth of checklists and then probably spend more time farming some specific PoE materials and/or credits. I want to give them the option to skip that grind and go straight to the content they are interested in (me carrying/rushing them through every mission would hardly be a fun alternative).

So, if I use my hoarded Platinum and gift them-

1. Archwing Launcher Segment, and
  2. any non-Odonata Archwing

Will they be able to enter Railjack missions without Archwing weapons? If they need weapons and I also gift them some Mastery level 1 (and rank them up to Mastery 1), will that satisfy all the Railjack requirements and let them enter?

It would be expensive to test it even on one of them, so hoping someone out there already knows.

8 answers to this question

I cant speak to the requirement of [The Archwing] quest, but I have an MR0 alt with Odonata that is able to participate in Railjack missions, including Veil Proxima (8/8/8/8 intrinsics).

(Edit after being marked as solution)

I felt I should clarify why I cant say anything specific about [The Archwing] as a possible requirement.  My alt had completed this quest and had it's Odonata before the release of Empyrean and Railjacks.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Greenguy5000 said:

the launcher segment is only for the archwing launcher item and nothing else, the mission that gives you the archwing does not involve any orbiter segment items

That is very good news, thank you. Certainly saves Platinum cost.

I think the quest 'The Archwing' is the requirement, not actually having an archwing. (and the quest gives all the things anyway).

It might be worthwhile to coach your friends through to that point anyway, as RJ can be demanding, with boarding parties and objectives. It might be tough to play for new starters.

No requirement for Lunaro though.......

They need to finish Archwing quest first, that’s enough. But you have to understand that RJ enemies still very rough compared to any place on star chart, and starting from Saturn killing will be VERY hard for new players, not even mentioning Veil and sentients. Unfortunately it’s not very newplayer friendly content. Even if you can “carry” them, they might not get any fun out of it at all.

Archived