Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Picking a warframe

(PSN)SSGSS_Shalto

If it's the tutorial - pick excal or volt. Excal is better imo, because can work for a long time with no potato and forma.

If you are talking about little in the game time - rhino is the common choice because he makes thing easier and you can farm him early on.
Loki is the better choice but he is farmable half a starchart away.

Also what is your play style?

Yeah, we kinda need to know what sort of playstyle you want to go for. Do you want to be quick and nimble, or slow and tanky? A mix of the two? Long range or melee? Do you want your abilities to buff yourself directly, support your team, or damage your enemies?

If you're just starting then i'd go for excalibur as he's a solid warframe no matter how you build him while mag and volt need pretty specific builds geared towards different skills to get good benefits from them,they're better later on when you get more mods while excalibur is great at the start.

If you're talking about frames in general then gotta catch em' all.

Srry forgot to mention have been playing for 4 years and have 90% of the frames and have never been good at figureing out what fits my play style. i currently play frost prime but my play style is i like to do support every once and a while but i mainly like to do massive damage and be able to take damage this the the only what im presuming a mmo game i have played ive had people say use saryn or mesa  or nidus. I like those frames but they take some time to set up and i cant ever get them set up cause of other players even if i tell them to stop so i can get my stacks or get the i fection counter up but for mesa no matter how i had her built she would always get 1 shot. I do like to nuke stuff as well

5 hours ago, SSGSS_Shalto said:

Srry forgot to mention have been playing for 4 years and have 90% of the frames and have never been good at figureing out what fits my play style. i currently play frost prime but my play style is i like to do support every once and a while but i mainly like to do massive damage and be able to take damage this the the only what im presuming a mmo game i have played ive had people say use saryn or mesa  or nidus. I like those frames but they take some time to set up and i cant ever get them set up cause of other players even if i tell them to stop so i can get my stacks or get the i fection counter up but for mesa no matter how i had her built she would always get 1 shot. I do like to nuke stuff as well

Frost can do that with an Avalanche build, augment, high strength, some range, Adaptation.(the ice armor from the augment is affected by Adaptation, so it's even tankier)

Trinity can do most of these but can't nuke without a weapon, good for melee though and makes any team invincible by abusing the shieldgating mechanic with the Vampire Leech augment or Blessing.

You need Adaptation and three Umbrals for Mesa for top performance and some tankiness, also a good build for Regulators with crits, fire rate and Viral status.

Keep one finger on the 3 button for Shatter Shield if you're having trouble surviving and the 2 button too, so you won't get shot with the cc in the first place while you're giving really short, inconsistent buffs of questionable importance to teammates. (you can forgo this and spare your energy instead)

Chroma or Rhino with a good weapon.

Mag can also support and sometimes nuke at low levels, but i found the Magnetize build and the Polarize augment to be more interesting and viable overall.

Volt can nuke most non-Steel Path Corpus content(and some non-Corpus until a certain point) and support, especially with the Shock Trooper and Discharge augments.

Really good for fissures.

Mirage is inconsistent but can sometimes do the things you need really well, can also nuke as of now with the Explosive Legerdemain augment a bit too well.

Saryn is brainless mode just like Mesa, capable to nuke up to around Steel Path levels and give really strong buffs, try the Toxic Lash augment.

Oberon can kinda nuke and kinda strip and give armor, Hallowed Ground is an ok cc, mediocre heal but you can heal, you might find the Phoenix Renewal, Hallowed Reckoning and Smite Infusion augments useful depending on what you need the most, i usually always run HR for consistency the rare times i play Oberon, the double duration on the ability is really nice, i use the frame to chill and camp boring defense missions while i'm having a semi-afk. mindset and don't want to bother to ruin everyone's fun by nuking everything in a low level fissure or some alert.

Also give Octavia a try, but you will probably get bored soon, Octavia does almost everything too well.

6 hours ago, SSGSS_Shalto said:

It depends on what you are playing. Based on what you are describing I would say chroma. You get high damage and high armor. Your description angles more on melee tanky frames. However there is not one frame that does it all.

I use Valkyr, Gara, Ember, Garuda and Protea for survival.

Ember for PoE and Vallis bounties. Valkyr for CD bounties.

I rarely do world boss fights, But if you are doing Eidolons, Volt is great. Also, chromo.

Fissures, anything with 200 movement speed.

I use Mag, Nyx, Gara for defense and mobile defense.

Nyx for interception.

7 hours ago, SSGSS_Shalto said:

Equinox can do what you need.

Be warned it can get a little complex to manage and you need to choose before hand how you want it to function.

Nezha is also sufficiently versatile , to mix damage and support with the right augments ,

Nova could also fit very close on a good build.

I am not sure how you built your mesa , with the current helminth system you could replace her 1 with a more survival oriented skill.

Archived