Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Current Most played Frames/Stuff - Nerf Predictions?

WaifuJanna

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Spektr3 said:

Buff the dev team and finish NW already.

DE team buff requires paid Subscription.

It comes with exclusive Employment Frame, Dev Reinforcements and Canadian Lockdown Lift.

Mind you, might be DEbuffs added, like Increased Work Hours and Crunch. The later can give the following DEbuffs: Depression, Crying Fits, High Level Stress, Lack of Sleep and DEsconection from the Company.

But don't worry! The package comes with a rope and knot instructions manual! 

4 hours ago, (XB1)C11H22O11 said:

Of course you should always believe then you can call them out later if what they said wasn't true. Also it's not a nerf if something wasn't even released

So, abilities that already exist aren't released now... Right, creative interpretation that one.

6 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

- does anyone even use Explosive Legerdemain?

I do :D

my playstyle is like a more forgiving equinox maim build (especially now that i have pillage instead of prism ) , you still need to do initial damage and get kills and then reap some rewards. Its very fun in corpus tile sets with all those traps and laser doors, did you know you can turn turrets on your side with explosive ledgermain? the downside i have observed is that it tends to get enemies to use the lockdown more often. Not ideal for traversal missions , but great for missions where you need to hold points. comparable to saryn actually.

As to the main topic,

I expect wukong is the most played , mostly cause its a convenient frame - a literal Aimbot with infinite ammo and health regen and invulnerability phases.

why play the game when the game mechanic can play the game for you as long as you pass as gas once in a while and avoid nullifiers?

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

They're released under a new system none of us were entitled to, so they're allowed to adjust them as they see fit.

Great argument, their not entitled to income, and I'll spend as I see fit as well. DE has a job entertaining ppl, and nobody was entertained by this unnecessary preemption, it was foolishness. 0 impact on choice priority, negative impact on consumer satisfaction.

4 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Khora's ability to just casually lash out hundreds and hundreds of thousands of crit damage every couple of seconds suggests that maybe, just maybe, DE should tune the percentage scaling on that down a little at the base level. Not a rework, not having the ability removed, just move the base scaling down a couple percentage points is all.

Yes, and this is completely overkill for almost all content in the game. She can do a lot of overkill damage to a clump of enemies! And if this bothers you so much... I think maybe DE should just have Rivens not apply to stat stick abilities in general (I mean honestly... you absolutely don't need a Riven for Whipclaw). I don't think the Accumulating Whipclaw augment should be touched because it allows her to focus on Range instead of a complicated balance of Range and Strength (in the math of Whipclaw, the Accumulating Whipclaw percentage works additively with ability strength so that you can ignore ability strength). Even with a full range build, she can't really... you know... do anything like Mesa can do (i.e. press a button and hold LMB down) except use her Strangledome to reliably bypass LoS and have a slightly larger area of effect through her synergy.

From second person perspective... I am absolutely annoyed by Saryn and Mesa because they can both wipe a map and change me into a spectator of the game (rather than a player). Khora doesn't have this effect. No matter how much overkill damage her Whipclaw deals, it doesn't wipe the entire map instantly! So I was never really bothered by Khora and Whipclaw. In fact, it's very hard to notice Whipclaw from a second player perspective (not like Mesa or Saryn's abilities which are very noticeable when you're basically just running around looking for ANYTHING to kill). I think Strangledome is more annoying for other players... not Whipclaw, not the myth that Khora is a "nuke frame" (again 1 button+hold LMB vs spam whipclaw... there's no comparison!). So if they could address Strangledome like reducing enemies swinging around as much, I think Khora would be less annoying for other players.

Lastly... just from personal observation of the forums and the game. A Saryn or Mesa joins a game... people leave. If a Khora joins and uses Strangledome, you get complaints about the Strangledome and enemies swinging about (and players also like to avoid the area where Khora is). People don't leave the game or complain about Khora "nuking the whole map" with her hardly noticeable Whipclaw. And before Brozime ruined Xoris, people have asked continuously to have enemies not swing as much with Strangledome (and they still do!). It's only after Brozime has ruined Xoris with his video overselling what it could do, you see people talk about nerfing Khora or that Khora is a "nuke frame." Even OP doesn't list her... It's really no surprise!

11 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

@nslay

You know what, that’s a good argument. Khora does stupendous damage, but only to a few enemies at a time, so she doesn’t do ridiculous room clear. Objection withdrawn.

Well, it's definitely more than a few enemies (depending on density)! But it's also not like what Mesa can do (and this is how I define "nuke"). I wouldn't be opposed to a change where Rivens don't count for stat sticks... it's a complete oversight on DE's part to balance these Rivens for weapons like Reaper Prime and Amphis only to have stat stick abilities ignore this balance mechanism to begin with! Whipclaw is a weapon that can virtually have low or high Riven disposition depending on the melee you equip. Equip the worst melees in the game and suddenly worthless Rivens become ridiculously powerful!

Either that or Whipclaw and other stat stick abilities should have their own Riven disposition that tunes the numbers on the equipped Riven appropriately.

But you know, it could be DE just uses this as a way to make a little more money by having players now spending more plat on otherwise worthless Amphis/Mire/etc... Rivens.

1 hour ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Great argument, their not entitled to income, and I'll spend as I see fit as well. DE has a job entertaining ppl, and nobody was entertained by this unnecessary preemption, it was foolishness. 0 impact on choice priority, negative impact on consumer satisfaction.

You're not the only person that actually thinks they can single handedly take a game down. It'll be fine with or without you.

22 hours ago, WaifuJanna said:

I wonder what are the currently most played frames, and if we can predict upcoming nerfs? With the Nezha Prime Launch.

• Saryn?
  • Mesa?
  • Mirage Explosiv Legerdemain?
  • Octavia?
  • Rhino?
  • Helminth Abillity: Rhino, Chroma?
  • Trumna?
  • Kuva Brama?

Nerfs, huh? I'll start with thoughts on the things you posted.

• Saryn: Seems unlikely, though possible. I'm not sure exactly what they'd touch, except maybe making her 4 burn her spores instead of rolling them forward. She's always gonna be a power house, offensively, and needs to be 'cause she really doesn't have any tricks up her sleeve otherwise.
  • Mesa: No, very much doubt it. As much as she is annoying to play alongside in a lot of missions, I just don't see any nerfs likely to come her way in the near future. It's more likely, imo, her 1 will get buffed.
  • Mirage/Explosive Legerdemain: This is a weird, niche ability that's really only powerful when enemies keep spawning in the same place repeatedly, allowing her to stack up ammo for the true damage attack. It might get tweaked, but again, it's so niche I don't think it's too likely to get touched.
  • Octavia: Probably the most OP frame in the game. They even managed to get her Mallet working properly with the roller so you can have it go around autopilot cc'ing and obliterating things for you. Here's the thing, though. For as brokenly OP as she absolutely is, in no way does her OP'ness interfere with other players in any meaningful capacity. She can't be anywhere at once and her most destructive AoE abilities require a degree of passivity on her team's part. If the team plays aggressively, it's pretty easy to marginalize her in any group to the point that she could just not be there. There's very little chance she ever gets nerfed.
  • Rhino: They might tweak the interaction between Iron Clad Charge and Iron Skin, but I honestly do not see them bothering to even give him the time of day. He's not got a thing in his kit that's worth the dev attention right now.
  • Helminth Abilities: I doubt they make anymore nerfs to Roar. Elemental Ward... I doubt it? I mean, it's a cool skill, and pretty nice on a few different frames, but I just don't see it as having anything going for it that'd make it worth nerfing when subsumed.
  • Trumna: Given that it's already plenty strong, especially with the Synth set, and folks are still calling for buffs for it so you can do things like spam alt-fire endlessly... I really doubt they even look twice at it.

Kuva Bramma: It's still powerful, it's still an eyesore when a Mirage decides to follow you around and fire it at your feet constantly, it only restores one ammo per pickup period. I don't see them giving this anymore time unless it somehow ends up 50% most used weapon for like half the player base.

Personal predictions (for nerfs)-

• Banshee: No more exponential stacking on Sonar weakspots. Look, it's ridiculous, we all know it. 200% power strength buys you an easy 10x damage, that turns into 100x with 1 additional overlap, and 1000x damage with 2 additional overlaps. It's silly, explosive, and lets you deal damage over such a wide swing of amounts they can't really allow it in most content or make things tough enough to make you think to yourself "Wow, I wish there was a Banshee." Then whatever that is gets multiplied again by how many viral procs you've got stacked up. Speaking of...
  • Viral Procs: They give way too much damage amp for what amounts to free and are especially silly when combined with a Panzer Vulpaphyla. They should have been 10 stacks required to reach the old 2x modifier, imo, but I have no idea what number they'll settle on.

• Mmmmmaybe Viral Quills as that skill has some pretty silly interactions, and being able to propagate viral procs forever is probably a bit much.

Overall, I just don't think there's a helluva lot that's likely to attract the nerf hammer in any big way right now on account of it actually needing a big nerf.

15 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

@nslay

You know what, that’s a good argument. Khora does stupendous damage, but only to a few enemies at a time, so she doesn’t do ridiculous room clear. Objection withdrawn.

A few? We are talking 52 guaranteed enemies per lash due to the synergy between whip and dome, which also makes it cover full rooms very easily, even if you only worry about capping the splash AoE radius of your whip. That's 52+ enemies instantly killed with each click of a button.

15 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

A few? We are talking 52 guaranteed enemies per lash due to the synergy between whip and dome, which also makes it cover full rooms very easily, even if you only worry about capping the splash AoE radius of your whip. That's 52+ enemies instantly killed with each click of a button.

If you consider 50-100 enemies per hit few...then yes, it's few. :D

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

It really depends on the density. If you're playing solo non-Steel Path, it's really a few with Whipclaw alone. In fact, it's a really bad idea to use just Whipclaw without exploiting the Strangledome synergy. And that's because Whipclaw's splash damage really isn't that great by itself.

Now while you complain about splash damage of Whipclaw...

Mesa: Press 4, hold LMB. Entire map is wiped.

That is the kind of frame you should complain about.

Saryn should've been changed long time ago. But DE is too scared to nerf anything because of backlash. They dont realize there are more people who silently quit Warframe because of what a boring faceroll mess where nothing is engaging but everything is a grind waitwall its become than the crybabies .

On 2020-10-21 at 12:46 PM, WaifuJanna said:

I wonder what are the currently most played frames, and if we can predict upcoming nerfs? With the Nezha Prime Launch.

• Saryn?
  • Mesa?
  • Mirage Explosiv Legerdemain?
  • Octavia?
  • Rhino?
  • Helminth Abillity: Rhino, Chroma?
  • Trumna?
  • Kuva Brama?

All of those won't get any nerfs. Or the chances are very slim to say the least.

Mesa and Saryn doesn't really need a nerf either.

Yes Saryn scales but only her damage. She can still get killed pretty easily on high level content. And she's way too situational.

Mesa isn't all that op either tho it would be better if she had normal exalted weapons instead of the auto aim ability she has. Which is not as terrible as it was originally but it's still not great.

31 minutes ago, Monolake said:

Saryn should've been changed long time ago. But DE is too scared to nerf anything because of backlash. They dont realize there are more people who silently quit Warframe because of what a boring faceroll mess where nothing is engaging but everything is a grind waitwall its become than the crybabies .

Its not just a saryn problem you kno ? you can consider melee overall is broken too , and for frames at least 10 of them can compete with saryn 

Not endorsing a faceroll gameplay myself btw , but if you remove likes of saryn good luck reaching 8+ on eso , the game modes also encourage aoe kill fest 

Similar thing can be said for eidolons , some new player comes to a pub with an eidolon hunt build volt , he drops limbs(and shields too) faster than the newbie can blink his eyes .. and says 'boi this is not okay , i cant do sht'

Faceroll is everywhere , unless they change the core of the game it wont ever change , i'll just change shape of form to an imposter saryn and another and another just like the vicious cyle of brammas tonkors of aoe primaries taking each others places for eternity.(well DE create those aoe launchers in between almost every 3 months so who to blame really? and then they come up and say 'these weapons dont give players to have options.. but you have implemented it in the firsy place ..what ..) 

Edit; i know thats a long parantheses.

2 hours ago, nslay said:

It really depends on the density. If you're playing solo non-Steel Path, it's really a few with Whipclaw alone. In fact, it's a really bad idea to use just Whipclaw without exploiting the Strangledome synergy. And that's because Whipclaw's splash damage really isn't that great by itself.

Now while you complain about splash damage of Whipclaw...

Mesa: Press 4, hold LMB. Entire map is wiped.

That is the kind of frame you should complain about.

Does anybody really care about non-SP balance though? We'll never achieve it. Mesa will always be a star chart sortie queen, and she will always fall behind for SP. While at the same time Khora, Octavia and Baruuk doesnt really care if it is non-SP or SP, things die just the same. Balance to Khora needs to come at the deep end which is SP with all synergies accounted for, it will bring her inline and keep her exactly the same in trivial pointless Star Chart and sortie missions. And it is whipclaw that stands for the biggest balance issue, most notably the augment tied to it, which would be a good start when it comes to rebalancing her.

It just isnt balanced when a solo frame can rack up the same amount of kills as a full group in a mode like SP. There is no reason to ever queue with others if you play Khora since you'll be doing the killing either way. Plus solo removes the worries about headless-chicken team mates that spread out the spawns.

2 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Does anybody really care about non-SP balance though? We'll never achieve it. Mesa will always be a star chart sortie queen, and she will always fall behind for SP. While at the same time Khora, Octavia and Baruuk doesnt really care if it is non-SP or SP, things die just the same. Balance to Khora needs to come at the deep end which is SP with all synergies accounted for, it will bring her inline and keep her exactly the same in trivial pointless Star Chart and sortie missions. And it is whipclaw that stands for the biggest balance issue, most notably the augment tied to it, which would be a good start when it comes to rebalancing her.

It just isnt balanced when a solo frame can rack up the same amount of kills as a full group in a mode like SP. There is no reason to ever queue with others if you play Khora since you'll be doing the killing either way. Plus solo removes the worries about headless-chicken team mates that spread out the spawns.

That's not true. If you play Khora in a public match... even if it is SP..., other players will have no trouble finding enemies to kill. They'll be more annoyed by Strangledome than by Whipclaw.

People talk about Saryn and Mesa because they can wipe entire maps almost instantly with a button press in normal game play (nobody cares about Steel Path). It leaves all the other players as spectators. This doesn't really happen with Khora and Whipclaw.

By the way, I did a lot of SP with Revenant who, like Khora, can do lots and lots of damage to a small number of enemies (smaller than Whipclaw + Strangledome... but much much more damage than Whipclaw).

Archived