Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New "Vaulted Void Fissure" mission?

Graavarg

A lot of players (me included) have a lots and lots of vaulted relics (relics containing parts to warframes and weapons currently vaulted). Getting a "run a vaulted relic mission" together using the chat is pure horror (a lot of players have no idea what is vaulted or not) and generally a huge waste of time. At the same time, getting vaulted drops from relics is a sort of "extra nice" experience.

So, an idea would be to introduce a special "vaulted relic only"-type of Void Fissure mission.

To make things easier, it could be only one mission, but set at Axi+X level and allowing any level of void relic (Lith, Meso, Neo, Axi) to be equipped. Such a mission would spice up the game a little bit for me, and maybe also for others. And be a much nicer way of getting rid of the multitude of "old relics" than equipping them in normal void fissures.

To make things better for those hunting specific vaulted drops, there could be a second version of the mission (or another comparable mission) where the void relic refinement level would have to match or exceed the level the host has chosen. So if the host selects a "radiant" (vaulted) relic, the players joining would also have to select a "radiant" (vaulted) relic to join the mission. This would automatically ensure that all team members put in (at least) the same level of refinement, and remove the possibility of vaulted relic drop leeching as well as the need to spend minutes agreeing on "rules" in the chat. All that is needed is a game message saying "you need to have a void relic at at least X equipped to join the mission" (like the way weapon constraints are handled in sorties). I would love this, it would give more meaning to getting void traces, old relics and be a nice "possibility to get a rare vaulted drop"-Lotto to spend time on.

None of these new modes would affect the current void fissure missions, you could still use pre-formed teams for specific relics (vaulted or not) or crack vaulted relics in "normal" void fissures. But I think this option(s) would add to the game, both for longtime players sitting on heaps of vaulted relics and for newer players having the chance to get a selection vaulted parts (by putting one in themselves).

Vaulted relics are best opened in staggering anyway, since almost every item is a vaulted choice, running them in a group means you'll be forced to choose between taking one vaulted item and missing 3 others. 

It's best to share them with newbs, so they can access content denied to them. There's little special about vaulted relics now that they are circulating frames more easily. Some better match making safeguards would be cool, but I think there's a lot better match making priorities they could be working on. 

Of course they are best opened staggered, but unless a player has easily accessed friends interested in the same "thing", trying to get a team together using the chat is (truly) a horrible experience, and it takes a LOT of time getting a team together.

However, doing that would still be 100% possible, this would just add another option (for those so inclined).

And I probably have thousands of vaulted relics, so this would be a much nicer and easier option to use them (than trying to get stagger teams together in chat).

This sounds like polite elitism.
Even if they do such a thing I will go on normal missions to help some little tenno and give them a chance.
I got almost all primes a year ago from random people, before they were unvaulted and I was thankful every time and now I do the same for others.
I really dislike your idea.

1 hour ago, BahamutKaiser said:

Vaulted relics are best opened in staggering anyway, since almost every item is a vaulted choice, running them in a group means you'll be forced to choose between taking one vaulted item and missing 3 others.

Unless you don't have a lot of relics or the parts are worth more than.. 50? 100p? staggering is just a waste of time.

The chances of getting 2 rares in the same run are pretty low, and if its a part thats only worth like 20p... You can make more plat than that in the time you saved by not staggering relics.

4 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

Even if they do such a thing I will go on normal missions to help some little tenno and give them a chance.
I got almost all primes a year ago from random people, before they were unvaulted and I was thankful every time and now I do the same for others.

Since relics are vaulted every 3 months, even new players would find access to this within a short period of time.

I do not see how you could infer elitism.

That aside, I think the current system works fine.  They are vaulted, getting those parts are supposed to be slim/rare and left to the market or next time they are recycled in 2 years time.

4 hours ago, saghzs said:

Unless you don't have a lot of relics or the parts are worth more than.. 50? 100p? staggering is just a waste of time.

The chances of getting 2 rares in the same run are pretty low, and if its a part thats only worth like 20p... You can make more plat than that in the time you saved by not staggering relics.

Yeah, DE doesn't make modes for better plat earning, they make modes for better play of the game, this is a very, very low priority.

Locking access to content behind the requirement to have obtained and not spent keys that were only available for a limited time sounds like a bad idea. The grievance is that it is hard to identify vaulted relics, and difficult to form groups to farm vaulted relics. I would say half of this could be fixed by DE by adding a Vaulted relic identifier on the relic selection UI. The other half has always been the players responsibility, which is to form up groups with like minded persons and create your own content. 

In general, I'd like to see more ways to open relics and the Deimos Vaults having void fissures leads me to believe that we may be using these in the future to somehow crack relics. 

personally I just wish we had a damn kiosk already; where we could throw in unwanted relics (which is to say, in my case, all of them except the newest ones) in exchange for Traces, or Ducats... just, SOMETHING useful. relics drop literally almost everywhere, we got cabbages coming out of our ears, so can we please have a Resource Sink for them?

I'd feed them to Helminth if I could, but he doesn't like cabbage. I keep telling him, you can't grow up into a big strong hivemind if you don't eat your greens....

Yes we definitely need as much nepotism, greed and self-obsorbed behavior in warframe as possible. The more you have, the less you should share, really.

I'd also like a vote kick function and gear inspection menu, so we can kick anyone not living up to our standards.

And absolutely no customization options until at least mr 20. I don't want some proletarian wearing my special hat, rigth there in front of me.

Also, until you reached 900 log in days, you shouldn't be allowed to have a real username, just a generic "player 1" next to your name, sort of like a dog tag or cow brand.

And they get no ship to stay in either, just live out of a cardboard box out in the bazaar hangar doors locked on em.

On 2020-10-21 at 1:32 PM, vegetosayajin said:

I think that is a bit funny, because then all and any playing-time derived thing in the game is "polite elitism", including showing off vaulted equipment and brandishing hard-to-get armor, syandanas, ephemera etc. In other words, the difference between players having invested more time in the game (or having played the game over a longer period of time) and newer players (not yet) having had the possibility to get the same amount of "stuff" (especially the "bragging rights" stuff).

Of course, a player can sidestep of lot of this by using money (converted into plat). But along the same logical principles that should then be considered "monetary elitism", shouldn't it? 🙂

Joking aside (and you are of course free and welcome to dislike the idea), the main (and my) point is that this would remove nothing from the game, since all the current ways of cracking relics would still exist. Including using you vaulted relics in normal missions when there is "lower-MR" players present. It would simply add another possibility for such players that would like such a void fissure mode. It is not only about getting stuff for yourself, I've shared hundreds of parts with friends in need. I have everything you can get from relics and I even sell stuff for plat, but even so I still like to get "vaulted parts". In my case it is probably the deeply ingrained conditioned Pavlovian reflex of a long-time min-max completionist, but there it is anyway. And if it makes you tick (or rather makes your gaming "meaningful"), it is a good thing in my book. And I am pretty sure I am not alone in this, inside the Warframe community. 😉

2 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

the main (and my) point is that this would remove nothing from the game

That's your idea but I can tell you an idea will be the same as everyone else with access to vaulted relics(me included) and if not everyone most of those players will not choose to share with the normal/peasant fissures. The result will be the same, no matter if you want it to be or not, that's why I said it.

2 minutes ago, Graavarg said:

It is not only about getting stuff for yourself, I've shared hundreds of parts with friends in need. I have everything you can get from relics and I even sell stuff for plat, but even so I still like to get "vaulted parts". 

Me too and I gave many free stuff to unknown tenno, not just friends.
And I "gave" unintentionally even more when crackin' relics with a random mr2 excal for example.

I know that in your head it may sound logical, but if implemented it will just divide the community even more.

6 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

I know that in your head it may sound logical, but if implemented it will just divide the community even more.

I don't adding new missions and possibilities divides the community, especially not the "everybody wins by coop"-type. Rather the opposite, in my experience, it brings Tennos together around a common goal (however shortlived).

As to sounding logical, I believe that is simply because it is logical. Regardless of whether it is in my head or not. 🙂

But I have no need to "defend" this, I just wanted to put it out here. And every opinion is, of course, welcome. An opinion means someone used their brain, and nothing is better than thinking Tennos. We all lift together, after all.

Most of the parts from vaulted relics are not worth a lot. There is an economy associated with warframe and third party tools that help you finding what you are looking at while at the same time there are things valuable and currently farmable in the game.

On 2020-10-22 at 3:08 PM, Graavarg said:

I think that is a bit funny, because then all and any playing-time derived thing in the game is "polite elitism", including showing off vaulted equipment and brandishing hard-to-get armor, syandanas, ephemera etc. In other words, the difference between players having invested more time in the game (or having played the game over a longer period of time) and newer players (not yet) having had the possibility to get the same amount of "stuff" (especially the "bragging rights" stuff).

Of course, a player can sidestep of lot of this by using money (converted into plat). But along the same logical principles that should then be considered "monetary elitism", shouldn't it? 🙂

Joking aside (and you are of course free and welcome to dislike the idea), the main (and my) point is that this would remove nothing from the game, since all the current ways of cracking relics would still exist. Including using you vaulted relics in normal missions when there is "lower-MR" players present. It would simply add another possibility for such players that would like such a void fissure mode. It is not only about getting stuff for yourself, I've shared hundreds of parts with friends in need. I have everything you can get from relics and I even sell stuff for plat, but even so I still like to get "vaulted parts". In my case it is probably the deeply ingrained conditioned Pavlovian reflex of a long-time min-max completionist, but there it is anyway. And if it makes you tick (or rather makes your gaming "meaningful"), it is a good thing in my book. And I am pretty sure I am not alone in this, inside the Warframe community. 😉

Everything after a long time is elitism, Founder Pack, or the old Primed Chamber debate, since now since everyone had the chance to get it.

Or people constantly telling you about what they were able to do and what you couldn't, since they have played longer.
Or the people who constantly tell you, "i am much better than you since i have been playing this game since a long time."

I am for a vaulted relic fissure too, would make the running a bit more fun, it has nothing to do with elitism, you could even use Mesa Prime relics, since she got vaulted just yesterday.

well... i have to much keys and cant play them anyway. i buy key packs with rep every day. so often i get new keys. and share them with other people in public games. many keys are even 5 years old.

and i dont need new stuff anyway. i still play with mesa and kuva nukor or wrath ignis after huge bramma nerf.

Archived