Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Solution for the "This is not an Event", we change the name.

Kaotyke

We had 4 Tactical Alerts for each of the pasts Hallow's Eves. 3 for normal cosmetic things. The 4th for Stratos Emblem.

We have people screetching "tHis iS NoT aN EVenT!!!". And I have to agree in a non-triggered fashion. But what else could it be called as its similar to Ghouls and Thermia Fractures? I mean, its there. It doesnt have special mission as of 10/21/2020.

So, I came with a name, since this is Hallow's Eve and considered lower than an event, I propose we call it...

Lowve

9 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Because it's a shop with no different mission type/objective from the normal game.

But that doesnt change if it is an event or not, since that word has nothing to do with what content the event provides. It has been like that in games since forever, some events add gameplay content, others are made up of a vendor, shop or something you can interact with for free stuff or buffs. All of those are still events.

Just because the shop isnt the most interesting or interactive thing it doesnt make it less of an event since it is still a timed occurnace outside of what is normal.

I miss the times when people, gamers were appreciative of stuff being added to the games they play, no matter small or big.

Nowadays it feels like we are in a grocery shop being that nasty customer that messes up the hard work of the employees and still demands service.

1 minute ago, SneakyErvin said:

In the context of wf it's not an event.
till' now it always had new(or revamped) enemy, mission, place ...anything else.
It doesn't have to be something amazing (the summer thing was an event for example), but at least be something.
Now it's nothing.

vor einer Stunde schrieb SneakyErvin:

I dont know why some people say it isnt an event. It is something in the game that happens during a set amount of time, so it is a game event because it comes and goes.

Guess we could call it a happening instead, or possibly an art installation.

Do you also call Baro Kiteer arriving an event?

Just now, vegetosayajin said:

In the context of wf it's not an event.
till' now it always had new(or revamped) enemy, mission, place ...anything else.
It doesn't have to be something amazing (the summer thing was an event for example), but at least be something.
Now it's nothing.

It still is an event, even in the context of WF, it just isnt part of the norm that people have gotten used to here.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I dont know why some people say it isnt an event. It is something in the game that happens during a set amount of time, so it is a game event because it comes and goes.

As long as it isn't The Happening, I'm fine.

vor 1 Minute schrieb nslay:

Let's call it Daughter's Deals. It is time-exclusive like Darvo Deals... though Daughter's shop doesn't have a fixed inventory size like Darvo's (of something that is basically pixels).

Baro Kiteer, Halloween edition.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

completly with you there
I just got back into playing HotS During summer there was an event  that had special mission and such, now there's an "event" that's literally just themed skins put into the loot boxes with increased rates for them and noone complains.

And I'd rather take events like naberus nights more than scarlet spear because I'm stil not finished with deimos so at least I can get 1 thing from the shop every day while still grinding for standing. Scarlet spear even outside of the terrible launch(with misscalculated points and not arriving rewards) was still bad just a glorified mobile defense with it's own shop(with recylced rewards on top of that) just to be sure you waste your time.

vor 41 Minuten schrieb SneakyErvin:

It still is an event, even in the context of WF, it just isnt part of the norm that people have gotten used to here.

But if it isnt part of the norm people got used to, why are you wondering about people not calling it an event? Sure, if we want to follow the strictly technical definition of "event" you are using, then it is an event. But that doesnt invalidate the norm that people got used to in the context of this game, meaning a mission to go along with said event.

1 hour ago, Yakhul said:

I miss the times when people, gamers were appreciative of stuff being added to the games they play, no matter small or big.

Nowadays it feels like we are in a grocery shop being that nasty customer that messes up the hard work of the employees and still demands service.

To keep customers, you must always be up to date and better listening to the community .... DE does not seem to hear. Or when they "hear" they do something we don't ask for ....

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Yakhul:

This mentality brought us to games like aliens colonial marines. Just take everything that a brand gives you, no matter how S#&$ it is, and throw your money at them. This is not how things get better.

21 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

This mentality brought us to games like aliens colonial marines. Just take everything that a brand gives you, no matter how S#&$ it is, and throw your money at them. This is not how things get better.

Masking pointless rants and childish arguments as constructive feedback or positive criticism, does not make things better either. 

Everyone on this forums seems to throw the word event around to fit their own definition when they arent using the actually term of what an event is, and when it comes to the actual term, NON is an event. This is an objective fact, as this has nothing to do with my opinion because NON fits the very definition of the word event no matter how much you like it or not.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PS4)ChaosTheNerd:

Everyone on this forums seems to throw the word event around to fit their own definition when they arent using the actually term of what an event is, and when it comes to the actual term, NON is an event. This is an objective fact, as this has nothing to do with my opinion because NON fits the very definition of the word event no matter how much you like it or not.

Unfortunately this helps very little when the actual complaint people like me have is that there is no halloween mission. Not calling nights of naberus an event is just a consequence of that. Sticking to whatever random definition you see fit is not intrinsically better than what some people (myself included) understand when someone says the term "event" in the context of warframe. For me that term includes having a special mission. I dont consider baro kiteer an event either.

Ultimately this thread is entirely useless because it's both missing the point and kinda condescending.

Archived