Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redeemer Prime Riven Question - How bad is -Chance to Gain Combo?

setcamper

Question

I've got a Redeemer Prime Riven with ~130% crit chance, BUT -67% chance to gain combo count. Is that curse too much of a detriment to bother with? I know it's not an ideal Riven roll overall, but not sure if it's worth bothering with the Forma for a Vazarin spot to replace Corrupt Charge in current "One-Shot Crit Build" and Quickening in a Profit Taker Build.

I don't use my Redeemer much, but it seems like Combo is pretty important to the builds for maximum burst and overall that curse makes the Riven unusable?

6 answers to this question

If you play by building combo count first then heavy attack yes thats a terrible minus stat. If on the other hand you only use corupt charge heavy attack x2 combo attack then no additional combo count chance gain doesn't matter. Personaly i think spend some more kuva for a different negative roll. A good riven was making alot of difference during scarlet spear but with dispo going down on Redeemer i'm not so sure if its going to be as bigger difference.

If you are using Corrupt Charge, the negative is irrelevant, and crit chance is pretty much ideal. I would just keep it like that anyway, since the disposition of the Redeemer Prime is going to become even weaker soon, so don't waste your Kuva. It's not like the Redeemer needs a Riven.

Negative chance to gain combo is a non-negative or free negative on pure heavy attack builds (which is quite potent on the Redeemer) and sucks for pretty much everything else that needs to build combo (there might be a few outliers or gimmicky stuff where this doesn't apply). You might get away with it on Zaws with a combo gain Exodia. I know it's about the Redeemer. I'm just adding this anyways. There might also be endurance run melee setups with Naramon and such that might not be bothered too much by it on a combo build since they stay on max combo eventually anyways (still a bad negative though).

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Deeceem said:

Negative chance to gain combo is a non-negative or free negative on pure heavy attack builds (which is quite potent on the Redeemer) and sucks for pretty much everything else that needs to build combo (there might be a few outliers or gimmicky stuff where this doesn't apply).

Doesn't Redeemer want to build combo though to maximize Heavy Attack? That's primarily what I use Redeemer for- trying to one-shot Demolysts might be the best example I can come up with. In those instances don't I want to build combo?

Initially I thought it would be a non-negative as I've only used Redeemer for Heavy attacks, but when I looked at a variety of builds on Overframe.gg it seemed like they all relied on some kind of combo buildup. 

vor 25 Minuten schrieb setcamper:

Doesn't Redeemer want to build combo though to maximize Heavy Attack? That's primarily what I use Redeemer for- trying to one-shot Demolysts might be the best example I can come up with. In those instances don't I want to build combo?

Initially I thought it would be a non-negative as I've only used Redeemer for Heavy attacks, but when I looked at a variety of builds on Overframe.gg it seemed like they all relied on some kind of combo buildup. 

Unless I'm out of the loop when I say pure heavy attack build I refer to initial combo builds that use only heavy attacks. What you are describing sounds lke a hybrid build. Just to lay out the - to my knowledge - three basic ways to build melee weapons.

- Heavy Attack: Relies on initial combo. -> Negative combo gain is irrelevant since you don't build combo and use heavy attacks exclusively.

- Combo: Utilizes Blood Rush and/or Weeping Wounds ideally, wants to get to and stay at max combo. -> Negative combo gain is quite bad for obvious reasons - I mentioned some potential exceptions earlier.

- Hybrid: Similar to combo, wants to reach max combo and mix in heavy attacks with combo efficiency at a high combo at the cost of 1 combo multiplier and build up combo again. -> Negative combo gain is quite bad for similar reasons as on a combo build.

If you build and play your Redeemer as my first description the negative combo gain literally doesn't matter. As soon as you want to build combo with your build negative combo gain does affect it factually negatively. There might be situations, weapons, builds etc. where you mitigate it enough to be still okay.

Heavy attack builds do perfectly fine and are viable on a Redeemer as far as I know. Last time I used it was for Eidolons (before they nerfed the fall off damage of it, I believe).

Archived