Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General 'Rant' for Suggestions

project_eulogy

I'd like to say i'm a long time player with equally long frustration lol. There are things I personally feel need to be changed. While I do understand DE's purpose for time/resource/progress gating things so players don't get everything all at once, there's situations where this is silly. This will not be about grind. This is about fun factor. The grind is eternal. Fun is fleeting.

Diluted Thermia: This is gamebreaking because you time gate a required resource to farm both a frame and a NW Challenge behind a special event.

Sure, I personally got my opti vandi long time ago. But since i've run out of Thermia, I couldn't help clannies with the challenge. Since it takes a lot of practice for newer players to get the Orb fight down, or even know what they're supposed to do.(since IMO having to watch a video on a boss fight just to figure out what you're supposed to do shatters immersion)

The fight for thermia is boring with an unavoidable magnetic mechanic that strips your ability usage temporarily. This makes soloing it much harder. I hate having to read complaints in chat because a players internet is bad(not their fault) so they have to solo play WF. This is the only event i actually had a bit of difficulty with playing solo. I just tell everyone get a Nidus specter and go to town. Still, boring. Bugged infested salvage farming Nidus when he was released was more fun than this event lol

Umbra Forma: Here's the bane of my existence. There's so many builds with Umbra forma that I have yet to try and its rather infuriating. I'm one of those players who used plat to buy tons of WF spots. I treat WF like Pokemon. I gotta collect em all. Every Prime and every variant with a non prime until the prime comes out. Weapons and everything else, not so much. So wanting to be able to use builds across all my frames with Umbra Forma(Properly too) gets the response "Use it on your main".... i dont have a main... Its cool to main a character in a game.. But, that's not a reason to have Umbra forma the way it is currently imo. You can't farm it, you can't buy it, and i'd really like to Forma what I want the way I want. Allow it to be bought. 200p, my first born, something. I'd actually consider shelling out some real life creds to spend on plat just to get a few. That would be a TON of plat revenue.. seeing how i'd be forma-ing weapons too. No prebuilts. Only Blueprints. Resource sink to offset being able to power up your arsenal. I'm not a huge fan of sinking anything but this would actually be worth it imo.

Riven Slivers: I dunno about you guys, but after farming eidolons so much, i have a ton of transmuters that will just collect dust. But rarely ever get rivens. Cut the time gate in half, or at least allow us several trades(3-4) per week to get rivens. RNG is already a cruel mistress. Make me grind more? I'll accept that. Its not about making plat, its about making my old favorite weapons that are useless much better and significant.

Baro Ki'teer Coupon: Either slot it for a random daily(i'm really tired of getting 2-3x resource beyond day 800 yall. Cmon) and/or a random overall "just get for playing" that would drop from anything, but you'd be allowed one and it wouldn't drop again until you spent the one you had. This would also be a personal drop and the ticket would bypass ducat and credit requirements.

Helminth: Let me feed it my unused weapons. Reward would be resources back from crafting and my little shop of horrors plant would spit out a decoration of that weapon for use in your orbiter.

Steel Path Rewards: This is just MR fodder. Nothing at all hard except for shield bastard Ropalolyst. No exciting rewards.  2 ephems and Kuva lol
Suggestion-
Purchasable animations(ie: Protea's Dash Animation)
Auxiliary Cosmetic Rewards. like the Spinneret Ephemera, but Aux, so i can use the naberus ephemera and go all out for Halloween with my Dullahan mask. That'd be neat.
Umbra forma BPs on Weekly Gate.
Companion Ephemera... ahem.

Anyway, sorry for being ranty. Thanks for coming to tedtalk :)

Thermia fractures is not as fun as first time around and with the buff debuffs it buggs out more, to the point it was unplayable for me last time it ran. Plus i was running with my same teammates from operation buried dets so it wasn't a random squad.

Umbra forma same as you not enough and no main frame, variety is best. like your idea for it as a steel path reward. Difficulty rewarded. Not a rng drop but weekly gated sounds fair.

Daily rewards 800plus for base resource do fall short a solution could be a universal credit instead let us spend them where we want. 

Helminth eating old weapons not sure, may be an idea for newer players but i remember always needing the credits when i started so selling my mr fodder helped fund the next items. Slots is still the new player limitation factor. Now as a vet i'm building a collection so as not to use meta all the time again variety takes slot

Changing sorties rewards to crystal credits and adding the rwards to the crystal credits store would also address riven slivers and transmuter cores also annoying rng thats just not a fun grind anymore especially if you have bad luck time after time after time. 

To much frustration leads to bad moral and players quitting, not fun and rewarding which is what games should be. And before you say play something else, nothing feels as alive as warframe tenno! 

4 hours ago, (PS4)camwyn-xenos said:

Thermia fractures is not as fun as first time around and with the buff debuffs it buggs out more, to the point it was unplayable for me last time it ran. Plus i was running with my same teammates from operation buried dets so it wasn't a random squad.

Umbra forma same as you not enough and no main frame, variety is best. like your idea for it as a steel path reward. Difficulty rewarded. Not a rng drop but weekly gated sounds fair.

Daily rewards 800plus for base resource do fall short a solution could be a universal credit instead let us spend them where we want. 

Helminth eating old weapons not sure, may be an idea for newer players but i remember always needing the credits when i started so selling my mr fodder helped fund the next items. Slots is still the new player limitation factor. Now as a vet i'm building a collection so as not to use meta all the time again variety takes slot

Changing sorties rewards to crystal credits and adding the rwards to the crystal credits store would also address riven slivers and transmuter cores also annoying rng thats just not a fun grind anymore especially if you have bad luck time after time after time. 

To much frustration leads to bad moral and players quitting, not fun and rewarding which is what games should be. And be you say play something else, nothing feels as alive as warframe tenno! 

IMO no one should ever be told to go play something else. Thats a lazy assessment and counter productive for the game. Ive seen several different developers say it and it just made me cringe. Like you really just said to go play something else besides the game you made.. lol..

When I was a new player, selling old weaps was a good way to get credits. But now we have the index, so selling stuff is just to free up slots.

Archived