Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding a Render Scaling graphics option to Warframe

S1mplyFresh

Is there a possibility of adding a 'Render Scaling' graphics option in the near future?

For anyone still using native 1080p monitors but also have a high-end GPU (Nvidia Super cards or 5700 XT), this is a great way to improve overall visual fidelity of Warframe without having to fork over $400+ for a new 1440p monitor.

So many games have it (Destiny, Siege, Overwatch, AC: Odyssey, etc.) and I often utilize this feature as it's an easy way to make my game look better beyond the maxed out settings; sharper and higher quality looking textures, and some improvements to anti-aliasing.

The money I would use to buy a new monitor, I'd prefer to spend it on Prime Access and Tennogen ;)

4 hours ago, S1mplyFresh said:

The money I would use to buy a new monitor, I'd prefer to spend it on Prime Access and Tennogen ;)

That's silly. What about all the games you might play that don't have this feature you want implemented? A monitor is more useful.

But yeah, add the feature.

i'll continue to support letting people use Dynamic Resolution to increase the internal Resolution, while still retaining the performance stability option so that it can help potatoes maintain playable Framerates.

since the scaling is already there, just need people to be able to go up as well as down.
however i am aware that currently Dynamic Resolution in Warframe is implemented only with the intention of going down and not up, and thus is not ready to be used for going up. but since one direction is already already there i think it's a good enough ROI feature.

bonus ROI points could even be had via if there was another type of auto scaling that was the opposite direction - i.e. scale the internal Resolution as high as possible while maintaining a target Framerate. i wouldn't use it myself but that would be pretty snazzy to have...
could merge up and down into the same option with a couple more features for UI simplicity. set target Framerate, flip switch to either reduce Resolution to meet Framerate, or increase Resolution without sacrificing Framerate.

"i'd buy that for a dollar" and i wouldn't even use it myself, but i know that it would be a great feature for less tech savvy users to be able to get mostly the maximum fidelity that they can have while still hitting their target performance.

11 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Can’t you just use Nvidia DSR or AMD’s VSR? It basically the same thing but it’s a gpu driver feature. 

I tried, and it's terrible. It does not work properly. For some reason, the game is extremely zoomed in and does not want to fill the screen. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it does not seem to work as intended with Warframe.

3 hours ago, S1mplyFresh said:

I tried, and it's terrible. It does not work properly. For some reason, the game is extremely zoomed in and does not want to fill the screen. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it does not seem to work as intended with Warframe.

Here is what you need to do.

1. Turn on DSR or VSR in the GPU driver settings.
  2. Go to display option in Windows, set the screen resolution to the ones you like. For example 1440p.
  3. Launch Warframe and also set the resolution to the resolution you changed the windows resolution to.

There, now Warframe fits the entire screen. But the downside of DSR is the game looks slightly zoomed out.

• 1 month later...

Here is what you need to do.

1. Turn on DSR or VSR in the GPU driver settings.
  2. Go to display option in Windows, set the screen resolution to the ones you like. For example 1440p.
  3. Launch Warframe and also set the resolution to the resolution you changed the windows resolution to.

There, now Warframe fits the entire screen. But the downside of DSR is the game looks slightly zoomed out.

4. Change the chat, UI and mouse cursor (mouse cursor option found in "interface>customize user interface") scale using the scaler slider options to fit with the new resolution. That's how you fix the zoomed out problem. 

Unfortunately the mini-map in the corner will stay shrunken but its not that bad at 1440p/1527p downscaled to 1080p. At 4k downscaled to 1080p the visual boost is well worth having a shrunken mini-map if your PC can maintain decent fps...

Archived