Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE Dev team Cambion Drift bounty challenge

(PSN)FISSIONoMAILED

I'm unaware of the bounty/enemy changes since I stopped talking to Mother more than a month ago after acquiring all the items from the family, only went back for the Naberus event.  Before, the bounties were annoyingly time consuming but doable with any frame and build I'm comfortable with(either pure melee or easy mode ranged).  Spawns are pretty broken; when a bounty that requires killing starts, it's either a slow spawn or the enemies are drop on top of some structures then their AI goes monkeh.  I rarely play open squad even for the Steel path version since the bounties scales in objective amounts so it felt like it takes much longer to complete.  To summarize my previous impression: bounties are unnecessary slow but main and side objectives are somewhat reasonable for an "ok" geared player.

Now the current status on PS4.  Latrox Une's bonus objective felt like oozing with malice from DE.  The ranged enemies spawn a lot more than the "normal" ones that are supposedly required for the some objectives.  Bonus objectives that needs to stay alive or have their HP at a certain % gets prioritized by ranged enemies, especially the Deimos Jugulus that though quite large, they spawn afar and behind covers while still being able to attack.  Just did a 40-60 bounty with an open squad; final bounty was assassination.  We failed the bonus objective because a large number of Deimos Jugulus spawned quite far and in different position from the circled kill zone, murdered the whole squad(2 mr26 and 2 mr15) and brought the cauldron's HP down to 50%, all happened in less than 10 secs.  It was an awesome sight, should've recorded it.

Now for the DE devs or whichever team is responsible for the Cambion drift bounty.  May I request a challenge for you guys?  Full squad, random frames and weapons(build is irrelevant), and no operator mode.  That's what a random open squad would look and feel like.  Do 2 sets of different 40-60 Necralisk bounties that would cover most of the bounty types. Show us how it is done via live stream.   I'm seeing a lot of irritated players regarding the updated Necralisk bounties, so there must be something wrong with your work.  

Latrox Une is basically almost impossible to do bonus without Trinity or infused Well of Life. Not to mention the speed how samples drop. The main problem is that the drone doesnt regenerate neither shields or health and it seems to taunt things again away from Latrox. And sometimes it wanders off for no reason.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)FISSIONoMAILED said:

We failed the bonus objective because a large number of Deimos Jugulus spawned quite far and in different position from the circled kill zone, murdered the whole squad(2 mr26 and 2 mr15) and brought the cauldron's HP down to 50%, all happened in less than 10 secs.  It was an awesome sight, should've recorded it.

I usually tear through juguluses, so I don't really use it, and it's not entirely practical, but you can actually tranq them with the conservation tranq rifle and they will recede into the ground for a nice amount of time.

1 hour ago, RobWasHere said:

Latrox Une is basically almost impossible to do bonus without Trinity or infused Well of Life. Not to mention the speed how samples drop. The main problem is that the drone doesnt regenerate neither shields or health and it seems to taunt things again away from Latrox. And sometimes it wanders off for no reason.

Have you heard of specters ?

For Latrox there is a very simple solution that more or less guarantees both the bonus objective being met and the speed being acceptable. That solution is bringing Protea since her turrets will melt everything before it gets a chance to attack. And that is when playing solo.

Yes i've heard and used spectres on this new version of latrox bounty and had the same fate as a fair few others, the dam drone gets dead no bonus. It seems a very small and specific pool of frames can either heal or remove the drone from damage in solo or duo situations and even in fully squads slow, very spread out spawns, and long ranged attacks destroy the drone. I Don't know why de fixed the upload timer which was the bonus complaint and then added the stupid drone as bonus. Seems like adding unwanted work. Like the iso bounty timer that was extended (original complaint not enough toxicity), and about to be reduced again. Fix a problem, then punish the player by adding another problem seems to be the modus operadi at this time. 

12 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

The drone being stupid is annoying, but Latrox is far from impossible 'without Trinity'. I can do it just fine with my sub optimal (and I don't care) usual Khora setup and weapons that I use for everything and am too lazy to tailor for the different factions.

14 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

The drone being stupid is annoying, but Latrox is far from impossible 'without Trinity'. I can do it just fine with my sub optimal (and I don't care) usual Khora setup and weapons that I use for everything and am too lazy to tailor for the different factions.

I was refering to bonus. Latrox himself is rather tanky and his health and shield regenerates quick.

2 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Its high level bountie , gear items are ment for emergencies.

Latrox Une is horribly designed. There are many band-aids to get around the painful mechanics of the bounty, but it is still painful.

The spawns in Deimos are definitely terrible. A single Infested Salvage mission has more spawns than the entire planet of Deimos. A "hive" faction spawning 5 enemies at a time is awful and why players feel like they are waiting around for objectives to complete rather than having engaging bounties.

On 2020-10-22 at 10:52 AM, RobWasHere said:

The main problem is that the drone doesnt regenerate neither shields or health

In all honesty it's not a problem here.

The REAL problem is that mobs threat drone as a flying object, like archwing, so they prioritize it and use their homing attacks from afar.

Drone, as is, would be more or less fine if it wasn't sniped because mobs were programmed to have hate boner vs flyin objects.

Those long-ranged enemies at high level are indeed deadly snipers. (Jugulus, Tendril Drones, Carnis). Their long distance often keeps them out of the range of several CC abilities as well. They can and will destroy that drone in less than 30 secs while, depending what frame you are using, you are chasing these threats around one by one trying to save the drone and yourself. Mass AOE offense frames can kill stuff quickly enough, but other frames that lack this or don't have the means to protect the drone directly, you're gonna have a hard time keeping it alive. You pretty much gotta be prepared ahead of time for the possibility of getting that bounty objective regardless what frame/weapon you use.

I've chosen to do Bounties with Mesa and replaced her useless [1] with Ivara's Quiver. I shoot the drone every ~12 secs with a cloak arrow and murder everything with Peacekeeper. They won't attack what they can't target. I tried using Octavia's mallet / resonator but apparently that drone has a higher aggro priority, it kept getting attacked.

Or do what @(PS4)Double991suggested, use Amesha's [1] on it. In fact, use Amesha all the time for this particular bounty since all its four abilities will not only keep you alive but everybody else too. 

9 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Yeah let me have a highly specific loadout complete with consumable items because one stage of a bounty is horribly designed.  That's a great solution.  Very nice.  Much appreciated.

Don't get me wrong, I hate that bounty too and want it to be changed, just hinting at something that could be used as a crutch for now. Vazarin is probably the best of all crutches since it also gives couple seconds of invulnerability.

On 2020-10-22 at 9:52 AM, RobWasHere said:

Maximum duration Limbo using the augment that heals banished allies was my approach. This is also a great way to handle the "kill more enemies than the grineer" mission - just banish them all and they can't do a damn thing.

And no, I'm not trying to justify any part of that idiotic bounty mission (whether it's the shield drone that can't regenerate its own shields, or the fact that its AI is high on weed, gets the munchies and wanders off into the distance). I hate playing Limbo due to the rift toggle on roll ruining my fast movement. This is the first time in years that I've brought him out.

14 hours ago, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

Yeah let me have a highly specific loadout complete with consumable items because one stage of a bounty is horribly designed.  That's a great solution.  Very nice.  Much appreciated.

Thats like saying "why should I use energy consumables ? enemys shouldnt be able to counter us"

2 hours ago, bad4youLT said:

Thats like saying "why should I use energy consumables ? enemys shouldnt be able to counter us"

It's actually nothing at all like saying that.  The implication here is that because people know the bounty is horribly designed they should be tailoring their loadouts specifically to keeping a paper mache drone alive, rather than bringing things for any of the other stages or for fun.  Having to tailor a loadout for literally just one stage that might come up because that stage is broken is poor game design.  It's not a good solution.  A good solution would be a situation where enemies that were recently buffed because of their lack of ranged options, didn't have nothing but ranged options in an area where they are spawning in all directions and targeting a weak drone with the only non-regenerating shields in the entire goddamn game.

There is no counter play in a ranged tank unit hiding behind a rock 100m away sniping the drone in 2 hits.  That's not the enemy "countering" us.  That's a lack of balance, with the only "counter" available to us being things like vazarin, which they recently nerfed literally because people were leaning on it as a crutch for defense objectives that were made out of paper.  Man that sounds familiar for some reason.

As for energy consumables, not that it's on topic in the slightest or has anything at all to do what anyone said, the energy economy in this game is trash without zenurik and/or arcane energize and I will take any opportunity to bring that up.  All you need to do to see how trash the energy economy is without those things is go play the Grendel missions without an EV trin or a Protea, or just hop in a Necramech and attempt to use any of the abilities.  We shouldn't be reliant on energy pads either, but again, you brought that up for no reason.

Archived