Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inability to double jump (reproducible)

Spiffy92

UPDATE: After further testing the bug isn't caused by activating Peacemaker before the jump apex, but by activating Peacemaker at almost the exact moment that you jump. I've edited the body of the post to reflect this.

I last posted this bug over a year ago but it hasn't been fixed yet. When I jump and then activate Mesa's 4 (Peacemaker) at nearly the same moment, I end up locked out of double jump for one or more attempts. Activating the 4 nearly simultaneously seems to be all that matters; firing or cancelling before or after landing doesn't change the bug occurrence. There also seems to be no limit to how long the "charge" of the bug will hold; even waiting several minutes after deactivating Peacemaker will still cause the first double jump attempt to fail.

To clarify, after triggering the bug I can jump, and then press space to try to double jump, but nothing will happen at first until I attempt to double jump a second time. i.e. jump + peacemaker -> deactivate peacemaker -> jump (from ground) -> failed double jump.

I've had two friends verify that it also happens to them, and wiping my settings and reinstalling changed nothing.

I've had everyone that I talked through the bug eventually being able to consistently trigger it. After testing a bit more the bug seems to trigger not when activating Peacemaker before the apex, but when activating Peacemaker at almost the exact moment that you jump. If you delay Peacemakers long enough that you're a foot or two off the ground the bug won't trigger. In addition to other players, this has happened to me through multiple computers and re-installs for years.

Can confirm. Have been able to reproduce this bug.

Now I have to activate Peacemaker and jump at exactly the same time, virtually pressing the keys at almost the same moment for this to happen. I imagine this could cause a huge problem for people who are a lot quicker on the key presses. If you do give it even a half second delay, the bug doesn't appear.

I have only tested this with default peacemakers, and not with Mesa's Waltz mod.

Archived