Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buzzing sound from PC only with Warframe

_Euphoria_

Question

For some time I have been getting this very loud and irritating buzzing/screeching sound coming from PC ONLY when playing Warframe, especiall during the loading screen before logging in. 

I tried listening the noise myself, it doesnt seem to be coming from HDD, it is either the GPU or CPU. 
So does aynone have a similar experience? Should I be worried?

It is strange that it s not happening with more hardware demanding games...

5 answers to this question

The sound you are hearing is called Coil whine. It happens when you are playing a graphic intensive game and it happens when you're GPU is being used. It happens in most GPUS and isn't something you should be worried about. There really isn't a fix for it though it just happens.

Just now, bearbat9 said:

The sound you are hearing is called Coil whine. It happens when you are playing a graphic intensive game and it happens when you're GPU is being used. It happens in most GPUS and isn't something you should be worried about. There really isn't a fix for it though it just happens.

Thanks for the reply but how come the sound starts at the loading screen, when there is no video to run for the GPU, if it is coil whine

3 minutes ago, _Euphoria_ said:

Thanks for the reply but how come the sound starts at the loading screen, when there is no video to run for the GPU, if it is coil whine

Just because you can't see it doesn't mean the GPU isn't getting ready to prepare the graphics. It's still working even though it loading. That's what the loading screen is for. It gives your hardware time to load in stuff.

This may be unrelated but I'll throw it in anyway. Open the side of your case and see if you can tell if the noise is coming from the PSU.

The reason I mention it was because about 2 years ago my PSU was dying. I could play WF for around 15-20 minutes and then I would get an electrical-sounding buzzing from my PSU until I shut WF down. It only happened in very graphically-demanding games. I can only assume the bearings in the fan were a bit loose and it started to vibrate when it got up to speed. Swapping the PSU fixed it.

It does sound like coil whine from the GPU though if I'm honest.

35 minutes ago, _Euphoria_ said:

Also because loading screen have much higher FPS if you dont have Vsync or FPS cap enabled, which mean generated higher fps count = higher load for GPU

Archived