Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Update on Updates: October Edition

[DE]Rebecca

Hello all!

October is ticking away. Today we bring all Tenno an update on what we’re up to behind the scenes is an important way to help you plan the chilly fall days ahead (or warmer days depending where you are)!

We still have quite a bit planned for October - even if city block power outages prevent us from hitting those plans on the exact dates (because working from home wasn’t hard enough as is)! 

First, the big one: Where is the Glassmaker?

All platforms are waiting for that finale, and it’s coming (hold the eye-rolls)! As with all things Nightwave this year, it’s taken a while. We know it. Nora knows we know it. We’ll have the finale out soon, it’ll last long enough to give as many Tenno a chance to play it in the context of the season, then we’ll work our way towards the next steps for Nightwave. As always, we will give you at least 2 weeks heads up before we end Series 3: Glassmaker. 

We are still planning on launching Episode 5 in October - if that changes we’ll let you know. 

Then, Nezha Prime:

A gilded Prince slides into Warframe. Tuesday, October 27, brings you the highly anticipated Nezha Prime Access! Get ready, Tenno! 

TennoGen Round 19, Part 1 on Consoles:

We’d like to verify that we intend to deliver ALL of Round 19 Part 1 to Consoles pending agreements. Stay tuned for launch date details! 

Next Devstream: 

This is a tricky one because we have a few surprises still in store, but ultimately we are in the ‘work before we show more’ stage on some anticipated content (Deimos Arcana, Lavos, Corpus Queenpins, Warframe Revisions overall). We have done several from-home Devstreams and do plan on continuing them as it’s a time we get to connect with everyone in the community in as ‘close to like normal’ circumstances as possible. We are targeting early November for our next home Devstream.  Our Devstreams are a way to have increased transparency and to hang with us Devs for an hour to chat all things Warframe. It's in the spirit of hanging out with the community, but also giving a sneak peek as to what's to come. As a community you’ve been incredibly gracious with the pace changes and hardware issues we’ve had along the way. This year, we are all more familiar with the awkwardness of zoom calls -- we appreciate everyone who tunes in knowing the streams won’t be perfect, but perhaps that’s part of the fun.

And of course, QTCC:

You did it, Tenno! Together we’ve hit our $75,000 campaign goal and have 3 new stretch goals for our Quest to Conquer Cancer this October!

6f5f13f7b0e11a43ee0546cf15c26cd0.jpg 

General ‘Week 32’ notes:

It’s nearing the end of our 32nd week of work from home. In these weeks we’ve accomplished more than any of us expected, from a bumpy Scarlet Spear that received tireless fixes and improvements, to ‘The Deadlock Protocol’. From a Digital TennoCon to a simultaneous release of ‘Heart of Deimos’ less than two months ago. We truly have no idea when to expect ‘business as usual’ to return. There’s no real indication yet, and our safety is our priority. We are getting more and more support to make this remote thing work -- but honestly Tenno, it’s tough. We’re doing our best and identifying what works, and what doesn’t. Thank you for sticking around as we figure that out. 

Simply put, busy times ahead. Stay safe, everyone. 

5 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We still have quite a bit planned for October - even if city block power outages prevent us from hitting those plans on the exact dates (because working from home wasn’t hard enough as is)! 

Oh, wow.

You guys just can't catch a break, can you?

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hello all!

October is ticking away. Today we bring all Tenno an update on what we’re up to behind the scenes is an important way to help you plan the chilly fall days ahead (or warmer days depending where you are)!

All platforms are waiting for that finale, and it’s coming (hold the eye-rolls)! As with all things Nightwave this year, it’s taken a while. We know it. Nora knows we know it. We’ll have the finale out soon, it’ll last long enough to give as many Tenno a chance to play it in the context of the season, then we’ll work our way towards the next steps for Nightwave. As always, we will give you at least 2 weeks heads up before we end Series 3: Glassmaker. 

We are still planning on launching Episode 5 in October - if that changes we’ll let you know. 

Then, Nezha Prime:

A gilded Prince slides into Warframe. Tuesday, October 27, brings you the highly anticipated Nezha Prime Access! Get ready, Tenno! 

TennoGen Round 19, Part 1 on Consoles:

We’d like to verify that we intend to deliver ALL of Round 19 Part 1 to Consoles pending agreements. Stay tuned for launch date details! 

Next Devstream: 

This is a tricky one because we have a few surprises still in store, but ultimately we are in the ‘work before we show more’ stage on some anticipated content (Deimos Arcana, Lavos, Corpus Queenpins, Warframe Revisions overall). We have done several from-home Devstreams and do plan on continuing them as it’s a time we get to connect with everyone in the community in as ‘close to like normal’ circumstances as possible. We are targeting early November for our next home Devstream.  Our Devstreams are a way to have increased transparency and to hang with us Devs for an hour to chat all things Warframe. It's in the spirit of hanging out with the community, but also giving a sneak peek as to what's to come. As a community you’ve been incredibly gracious with the pace changes and hardware issues we’ve had along the way. This year, we are all more familiar with the awkwardness of zoom calls -- we appreciate everyone who tunes in knowing the streams won’t be perfect, but perhaps that’s part of the fun.

And of course, QTCC:

You did it, Tenno! Together we’ve hit our $75,000 campaign goal and have 3 new stretch goals for our Quest to Conquer Cancer this October!

General ‘Week 32’ notes:

It’s nearing the end of our 32nd week of work from home. In these weeks we’ve accomplished more than any of us expected, from a bumpy Scarlet Spear that received tireless fixes and improvements, to ‘The Deadlock Protocol’. From a Digital TennoCon to a simultaneous release of ‘Heart of Deimos’ less than two months ago. We truly have no idea when to expect ‘business as usual’ to return. There’s no real indication yet, and our safety is our priority. We are getting more and more support to make this remote thing work -- but honestly Tenno, it’s tough. We’re doing our best and identifying what works, and what doesn’t. Thank you for sticking around as we figure that out. 

Simply put, busy times ahead. Stay safe, everyone. 

Thank you so much for the update! I think for many of us (well me at least) communication goes a long way. More of that please.

And I wouldn't really say the playerbase has been... gracious. Hopefully this helps though!

9 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Yikes! That's the issue I sometimes have here in Brazil

9 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Damm... Its gonna be the first Nightwave series i'm gonna miss. I hate not having a working graphics card

11 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Then, Nezha Prime:

Will Probably Buy next year's prime before buying this guy (And all of the primes I missed)

13 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Next Devstream: 

I'm excited for the Deimos Arcana Update and for the Corpus "Queenpins"

14 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

And of course, QTCC:

Congrats DE on reaching the goal

I'll come back to play as soon as I buy a new PC... Hopefully

Kudos to DE for keeping things going despite a very unexpected and difficult few months. Hope you all stay healthy.

I have one question: given the extended nature of the current Nightwave and the fact that Xaku is now the newest frame in the roster, please is there any chance of seeing Protea's alt helmet BPs added into the cred store rotation for Glassmaker?

The team is doing great work in one of the most difficult years we've had in a long time. Scarlet Spear was rough, but Deadlock Protocol was great and personally I believe Deimos is the best open world so far. Also Protea and Xaku became two of my favorite frames, even though Xaku is still receiving a few more tweaks to make them even better. Even though some things had to be delayed considering everyone was working remotely, this was a great year and the team should be proud. Thank you for making this amazing game.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Laughing_Beta said:

thanks for the update, this is nice to know.

also where would we give feedback for the warframe revision?

You would do this in the Dev Workshop once it's posted (perhaps early November if things go according to plan)! 

Please just look into ending Nightwave in its current form.

It simply doesn't work and DE itself has had a bad track record of content that requires consistent updates and maintenance; Nightwave isn't the first in that regard by a long-shot.

• Remove the "story" that ends up not meaning much and is barely remembered.
    • People would rather have things like New War, and other "proper" story content.
  • Remove Nora from Nightwave, she's honestly just annoying and doesn't add anything meaningful.
    • Surprised that we still don't have a way to mute her constant & useless popups at the very least.
  • Have NW be a simple "Do a Challenge" -> "Get NW Credits"
    • This way the system is streamlined and then can have all the other items thrown into a NW Store that simply rotates with new items.
      • Obviously the items would need to have major cost-adjustments.
    • No more "Ranks" for NW that only adds clutter to the system.
  • Can then theme the "Store Items" around certain major WF events.

As much as i like this transparency it also gives me a bit of worry for whats happening with the new war IK its all technically started en all but each devstream im just seeing more and more stuff that seems like its pushing it further and further back, what i would like would be to know the process on whats happening with its development as a story arc as we have had nothing said on it since that devstream ages ago, where geoff said you guys were committing to the year of the new war and were little over 2 months out till the end of the year.

I have to say, I like this format. I would like to have this be an ongoing thing each month. Just a quick check in post from the Dev's to let us know what's up, and if things have been delayed, at least why they are delayed. I think it's easier for the community to swallow delays when they know exactly why. I mean we (should) all know that working from home can't be easy and that it has messed up your development timelines. But I think the community just like to hear that you are still thinking about these things you have told us about, even if we have to wait for them.

Please keep these coming. Part of this being one of the best game communities is the level of communication DE has with us, and this is just one example of that.

Just now, killrob2 said:

As much as i like this transparency it also gives me a bit of worry for whats happening with the new war IK its all technically started en all but each devstream im just seeing more and more stuff that seems like its pushing it further and further back, what i would like would be to know the process on whats happening with its development as a story arc as we have had nothing said on it since that devstream ages ago, where geoff said you guys were committing to the year of the new war and were little over 2 months out till the end of the year.

i definately would not expect anything new war while working from home is in place

So, quick couple of questions;

• While I'm not max-rank with Glassmaker, would it be possible/practical to stop the prestige caps entirely and just let us ascend as far as we want, instead of going 30-by-30 for levels?
  • What would this next revision update impact?  Powers that people consistently subsume into (or out of) Warframes?  Statistical nudges?  Both?
  • Is Scarlet Spear coming back, and if so, when?
  • Related;  Put the Machete BP in the Market.

Archived