Jump to content

An Update on Updates: October Edition


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So, pretty much, gonna delay the update until Nov 10th (or near that date) to try to desperately compete with the new Byound Light from Density 2, cute.

 

How quaint...

because de is definately even trying to compete with them and totally isnt just on their own schedule, which update anyway, arcana which has no current release date?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Thank you so much for the update! I think for many of us (well me at least) communication goes a long way. More of that please.

 

And I wouldn't really say the playerbase has been... gracious. Hopefully this helps though!

Mate a mobile forum update that still hasn't been fixed, a Halloween event that doesn't bring anything new besides the store (which is decent I'll say), broken survival and stealth nerf of exodia contagion, it's kind of understandable. Besides afaik riven changes being out the worst in people 

 

Edit #2 on mobile it says I didn't edit my post, when I did to fix some grammar issues. Case and point, mobile forums need a fix

Edited by Captain_Rocket505
Grammar and comment on stuff
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Skaleek said:

Glassmaker sword = 15k. Coming in october according to OP.

That's not guaranteed though. I'm hoping it'll be there, but there's a significant chance it may not and get pushed back to Deimos Arcana in November.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So, pretty much, gonna delay the update until Nov 10th (or near that date) to try to desperately compete with the new Byound Light from Density 2, cute.

 

How quaint...

Destiny? You mean the game that forces you to do PvP to progress in certain parts of the game or to get the new PvE shiny? Oh and the task is basicallly a huge chore like nightwave? And don’t forget the forced CO-OP content that is raids. 

I think Warframe doesn’t even need to try. I am sure some disappointed destiny players from the inevitable beyond light can’t please everyone going to take refuge in Warframe.
 

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

First, the big one: Where is the Glassmaker?

All platforms are waiting for that finale, and it’s coming (hold the eye-rolls)!r. 

We are still planning on launching Episode 5 in October - if that changes we’ll let you know. 

 

I guess you mean the 5th season of Nightwave.  Not actual EPISODE.  Episodes I associate to the seasons that revolve around a story(wolf, arlo, glassmaker..whats his face).   We have only had 3 episodes.... 2 intermissions...   Next up should be intermission 3.....

I got excited for a minute thinking you were going to skip an intermission and go straight into another story ! 

ps: the story in glassmaker was stretched out entirely to long.  By the time each part of the story rolls out I have forgotten everything that happened previously.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

TennoGen Round 19, Part 1 on Consoles:

We’d like to verify that we intend to deliver ALL of Round 19 Part 1 to Consoles pending agreements. Stay tuned for launch date details! 

Is that the only update news for consoles?  Care to share plans for us that will be getting PS5 and XSX soon?!

I know that Warframe will still continue to be playable on next gen consoles, but any improvements, feature enhancements, etc you can share will be appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
vor 3 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Hello all!

etc.

I want to share an interview with you here. Its the producer of one of your games you played privately few weeks/month ago. Maybe take some of his answers as advise (those are the exactly opposite of the problems I have right now with Warframe)

Q:

How do you possibly manage to stuff all of the content you do in each major patch? It's not just PVE content, but nearly every facet of the game is upgraded with quality of life changes.

A:

We are able to achieve this volume of content in each patch due to a few key elements: the ongoing efforts of each of the development team members, our management team expertly keeping everything on schedule and under control, and the continued support of our infrastructure team. However, I feel the most important factor is our planning of all content implementation even years in advance.

 

Q:

Talk to us a bit about the crafting side. I feel like it gets left out of the conversation a lot because of how exciting the PVE content is and how glamorous raids are. Is there a dedicated team working on crafting content? What are some things you've been wanting to add to that portion of the game?

A:

First of all, I’d like to point out that the development team and I don’t have the mindset of trying to force people to play all types of content that we bring to the game, and by this I don’t mean just crafting and gathering. There are battles within the story, and many of the players like to battle; so naturally, battle content becomes the main element. At the same time, modern-day gamers are busy with a lot of things outside of playing games: spending time with family and loved ones, engaging in social media, and the like. Our mindset is to have the players pick and choose what they want to play within their schedule, so we never feel like it is being left out.

 

Q:

Do you see yourself changing anything about how the current endgame PVE system works? The currency system as well as the weekly lockouts still work for many players, but over time, I can see it getting stale. Do you feel like it's working as intended?

A:

I don’t think that all systems we have are going to be perfect for players who want to enjoy the game in the moment. However, it has always been designed as an MMORPG that is considerate of the modern-day work-life balance, which tries to lessen the gap between players that have been playing since the beginning and those who have joined on later. Additionally, we want to ensure a friendly experience for any players who are coming back after a break from the game. At least as long as I’m in charge of this title, I don’t think this policy would change.

Everyday life in reality is everchanging, and people’s lifestyles change as well. If I feel a need to make adjustments to accommodate any major changes in the real world, then I’m sure we’d look to make changes to this or any other system at any moment.

 

 

To make it short. I need fun back in Warframe. Less stale, boring, blown up useless gameplay gimmicks like Liches and their dumb murmurs, Railjack, Open Worlds and their gated time weather, night/day cycle nonsense etc.

Back to the Roots. Fun Gameplay First. If it doesnt make Fun, dont release it. If it has to many bugs dont release it. You will shooting yourself more with broken updates than anything else. Maybe you can then convince me to support you again (right now I'm just ignoring all Plat Vouchers, even the 50% which I spend a few bucks in the past for)

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:


And of course, QTCC:

You did it, Tenno! Together we’ve hit our $75,000 campaign goal and have 3 new stretch goals for our Quest to Conquer Cancer this October!

Thanks for the update Rebb! And a HUGE congrats to you and the community on reaching the milestone. You are all insane<3

It's also quite hard for everyone to deal with work from home and other issues that may come out of it, but stay well to conquer this hurdle as well!

Edited by Casardis
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So, pretty much, gonna delay the update until Nov 10th (or near that date) to try to desperately compete with the new Byound Light from Density 2, cute.

 

How quaint...

Not sure why you thought that this has much of anything to do with a new update for Destiny 2. Heck, I didn't even know that was happening. It is cute that you think Destiny 2 is that important though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I guess you mean the 5th season of Nightwave.  Not actual EPISODE.  Episodes I associate to the seasons that revolve around a story(wolf, arlo, glassmaker..whats his face).   We have only had 3 episodes.... 2 intermissions...   Next up should be intermission 3.....

I got excited for a minute thinking you were going to skip an intermission and go straight into another story ! 

ps: the story in glassmaker was stretched out entirely to long.  By the time each part of the story rolls out I have forgotten everything that happened previously.  

She means episode. This season, Glassmaker, has 5 episodes. We are on episode 4. Then ending, episode 5, is what has been on hold.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

I want to share an interview with you here. Its the producer of one of your games you played privately few weeks/month ago. Maybe take some of his answers as advise (those are the exactly opposite of the problems I have right now with Warframe)

Q:

How do you possibly manage to stuff all of the content you do in each major patch? It's not just PVE content, but nearly every facet of the game is upgraded with quality of life changes.

A:

We are able to achieve this volume of content in each patch due to a few key elements: the ongoing efforts of each of the development team members, our management team expertly keeping everything on schedule and under control, and the continued support of our infrastructure team. However, I feel the most important factor is our planning of all content implementation even years in advance.

 

Q:

Talk to us a bit about the crafting side. I feel like it gets left out of the conversation a lot because of how exciting the PVE content is and how glamorous raids are. Is there a dedicated team working on crafting content? What are some things you've been wanting to add to that portion of the game?

A:

First of all, I’d like to point out that the development team and I don’t have the mindset of trying to force people to play all types of content that we bring to the game, and by this I don’t mean just crafting and gathering. There are battles within the story, and many of the players like to battle; so naturally, battle content becomes the main element. At the same time, modern-day gamers are busy with a lot of things outside of playing games: spending time with family and loved ones, engaging in social media, and the like. Our mindset is to have the players pick and choose what they want to play within their schedule, so we never feel like it is being left out.

 

Q:

Do you see yourself changing anything about how the current endgame PVE system works? The currency system as well as the weekly lockouts still work for many players, but over time, I can see it getting stale. Do you feel like it's working as intended?

A:

I don’t think that all systems we have are going to be perfect for players who want to enjoy the game in the moment. However, it has always been designed as an MMORPG that is considerate of the modern-day work-life balance, which tries to lessen the gap between players that have been playing since the beginning and those who have joined on later. Additionally, we want to ensure a friendly experience for any players who are coming back after a break from the game. At least as long as I’m in charge of this title, I don’t think this policy would change.

Everyday life in reality is everchanging, and people’s lifestyles change as well. If I feel a need to make adjustments to accommodate any major changes in the real world, then I’m sure we’d look to make changes to this or any other system at any moment.

 

 

To make it short. I need fun back in Warframe. Less stale, boring, blown up useless gameplay gimmicks like Liches and their dumb murmurs, Railjack, Open Worlds and their gated time weather, night/day cycle nonsense etc.

Back to the Roots. Fun Gameplay First. If it doesnt make Fun, dont release it. If it has to many bugs dont release it. You will shooting yourself more with broken updates than anything else. Maybe you can then convince me to support you again (right now I'm just ignoring all Plat Vouchers, even the 50% which I spend a few bucks in the past for)

I have been playing this game for 3 years now. I still have fun. Always have. No sense in playing something you are not having fun playing. This is a very large community, and what you find un-fun a lot of others find very fun. I am a fan of the open worlds personally, and where as I will agree that Railjack is bare bones at the moment, I think it has a future as a part of gameplay.

Also, I am not sure why so many people think that they buying or not buying plat will cause DE to do anything different. DE isn't EA, they are not a company that only cares about money. Profit of course is always needed to keep a studio going, but I don't see DE being the company that is driven solely by how much money they are getting out of someone.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope DE actually discusses how comically boring this so called "event" is. Reb told us that they had something "special" planned for us to replace plague star. All we got was a little story and a shop that used mother tokens, something that a good number of us already had tons of? You guys called this an "event", and this followed up your last disastrous event that was scarlett spear. Is this going to be the standard of events now? Either broken and boring missions we have already done thousands of times before, but with just different skins (SS was just 2 slightly modified versions of mobile defense) or events that are reduced to a mere shop?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah still no raising the cap for Nightwave ranks? Max is still rank 90? Then Nightwave is pointless for many Tenno still... I'm at 89,560/10,000 and the only reason I even know this is that the stupid glass dudes spawn in and commit suicide. Thus telling me exactly how many ranks I'm missing out on lol. I'm not even trying to do any of the Nightwave challenges because there is no point. And this is with me flat out ignoring any Nightwave stuff that seems even a little annoying to do. We have been telling you about this issue for weeks now and its like we are shouting into the void... 😒

Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that there's been some work restraints given the move to working from home... but there was NO mention of The New War? We've been waiting for what feels like a century for it. Feels like kind of an overlooked thing and saddens people like me who really want more lore progression for the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, staranow said:

Yeah still no raising the cap for Nightwave ranks? Max is still rank 90? Then Nightwave is pointless for many Tenno still... I'm at 89,560/10,000 and the only reason I even know this is that the stupid glass dudes spawn in and commit suicide. Thus telling me exactly how many ranks I'm missing out on lol. I'm not even trying to do any of the Nightwave challenges because there is no point. And this is with me flat out ignoring any Nightwave stuff that seems even a little annoying to do. We have been telling you about this issue for weeks now and its like we are shouting into the void... 😒

They're aware

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, staranow said:

Yeah still no raising the cap for Nightwave ranks? Max is still rank 90? Then Nightwave is pointless for many Tenno still... I'm at 89,560/10,000 and the only reason I even know this is that the stupid glass dudes spawn in and commit suicide. Thus telling me exactly how many ranks I'm missing out on lol. I'm not even trying to do any of the Nightwave challenges because there is no point. And this is with me flat out ignoring any Nightwave stuff that seems even a little annoying to do. We have been telling you about this issue for weeks now and its like we are shouting into the void... 😒

they actually are raising the cap, they just said it in stream
edit: someone above mentioned as well

Edited by (XB1)Greenguy5000
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, -Mittens- said:

I understand that there's been some work restraints given the move to working from home... but there was NO mention of The New War? We've been waiting for what feels like a century for it. Feels like kind of an overlooked thing and saddens people like me who really want more lore progression for the game. 

IIRC, they're waiting for mocap to become available to finish it. Covid has the studios shut down.

 

Anyways, thanks Rebb for keeping us in the loop. I know the lockdown has been tough on everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, -Mittens- said:

I understand that there's been some work restraints given the move to working from home... but there was NO mention of The New War? We've been waiting for what feels like a century for it. Feels like kind of an overlooked thing and saddens people like me who really want more lore progression for the game. 

"New War" already started with the chimera prologue, jovian concord, rising tide, erra, scarlet spear, deadlock protocol quests/events~

Link to post
Share on other sites

thanks for the info!

I had no idea there were power outages on top of everything else. that's unfortunate. glad to know Glassmaker should hopefully end this month, that seems to be the main complaint people have right now (but don't be disheartened: It's been a good season and the murder-mystery thing was a nice change of pace!) otherwise I'm just waiting on Nezha Prime like everyone else.

stay safe, all of you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...