Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cortege - Riven mods weaker than normal mods

Sypha2

Riven mods for Cortege are all awfully weak. normal element +120%-mod adds more to dmg than any Riven mod i ve seen so far. Yet at the same time a Riven uses almost the double capacity.

i think the issue is kinda self explaining.

44 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

So unless everyone and their Kubrow uses that weapon, it'll gain a stronger Disposition upon the next Riven rebalance.

though realistically don't expect a Riven for a new Weapon to become decent within the first 6 months.

the idea of the "self balancing system" is good, however the execution is not. It tends to become a  wave like balancing - first off its so bad nobody uses it, when it suddenly gets better, because the riven dispo increases, everybody uses it...  and after that . it becomes so bad that its not even worth using a riven mod anymore.... and so the cycle keeps on repeating itself until there is a so much more interesting weapon that this one starts becomming irrelevant, this will be the time when riven mods will finally have a use for this one.

Not sure what to think of it... should i wait until its outdated in order to use riven mods for this one? tbh i think this is just weird.

i wish the riven mod could at least compete with a normal mod.

Well rivens upto the brahma were equal on release with normal mods thats where the riven disposition 3  1.0 x modifier came from however this left DE with a few problems. what is the source of something being over powered the riven or the weapon. It took to long to reduce the riven then nerf weapon. So now they know its the weapon straight away and nerf fix it or if they deem something ok powerful never buff rivens and or if weak slowly buff. I think maximum buff / nerf is 0.2% per change sp it will take time for change as they do it at 90day interval approximately

On 2020-10-22 at 5:59 PM, Sypha2 said:

Not sure what to think of it... should i wait until its outdated in order to use riven mods for this one? tbh i think this is just weird.

luckily, Archguns have high base Stats relative to other Weapons, and so they can perform well without having to slam a ton of Mods onto them to prop them up. that plus that the Stat shifts of their Mods, and for this Weapon i don't think you're going to miss having a Riven, for a while. 

11 hours ago, Hierarch777 said:

The weapon on its own isn't very stellar in performance. 

as a Continuous Weapon, it'll perform very well with DoT's. try those out, you'll find the results to be quite nice.
shame that you can't get two DoT's on the Weapon though.

17 hours ago, Hierarch777 said:

Cortege's riven dispo will rise to 0.7 next Tuesday, when Nezha Prime drops. That's not say that it'll be enough. The weapon on its own isn't very stellar in performance. 

The only reason its increase is that high is because virtually nobody has it (due to the pathetic drop chances which sit only at the end of a very long mission chain) and so the "it's new and shiny" factor didn't do much to the usage stats.

On 2020-10-22 at 11:59 PM, Sypha2 said:

the idea of the "self balancing system" is good, however the execution is not. It tends to become a  wave like balancing - first off its so bad nobody uses it, when it suddenly gets better, because the riven dispo increases, everybody uses it...  and after that . it becomes so bad that its not even worth using a riven mod anymore.... and so the cycle keeps on repeating itself until there is a so much more interesting weapon that this one starts becomming irrelevant, this will be the time when riven mods will finally have a use for this one.

i wish the riven mod could at least compete with a normal mod.

it isn't true, we have never seen this develop in the real world

you are just speculating but the language you use ("it tends...") describes something you know from before

but you can't know it from before because none of the new weapons that started out with 0.5 and got a dispo buff underwent a dispo nerf yet

therefore you sound either insincere or ignorant

Archived