Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cambion Drift Bounties Still Need Some Tweeking

(NSW)JigsJosh

Couple thoughts about CD bounties after some things were changed.

1. The bonus requirements for Latrox Une is now too hard. I understand that before it was too easy, but I'm sure there is some way to balance it out. I feel like the AI of the shield drone is too wonky. I've seen it run off a few times. Having two split targets you have to defend is really unfortunate. Also it's unfortunate that being a flying entity it doesn't receive as much cover from the environment as walking entities do. The main way I think this could be fixed is if the drop rate of the samples was increased. Also I think this particular bounty is the most tedious and time consuming of them all, and increasing the sample drop rate would also fix that.

2. For the Grineer bounty phase where you have to double their kill count for the bonus: 50% shouldn't fail the bonus. One phase I got 100% kills and they got exactly 50% kills and I still didn't get the bonus. Isn't that double their kill count? The fail should occur at 51%. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)JigsJosh said:

1. The bonus requirements for Latrox Une is now too hard. I understand that before it was too easy, but I'm sure there is some way to balance it out. I feel like the AI of the shield drone is too wonky. I've seen it run off a few times. Having two split targets you have to defend is really unfortunate. Also it's unfortunate that being a flying entity it doesn't receive as much cover from the environment as walking entities do. The main way I think this could be fixed is if the drop rate of the samples was increased. Also I think this particular bounty is the most tedious and time consuming of them all, and increasing the sample drop rate would also fix that.

Need to tie the drop to say 5m radius around latrox and make its health scale.

or better solution.  just put it back the way it was..  this was one of the worst changes i've ever seen

Latrox Une is one of the most frustrating things I've encountered in the game.  First, the bonus was literally impossible in 3/4 person squads.  Then, it was too easy, which was fine, it's a bounty.  Now, it's basically impossible on any higher level bounty because the squishy drone doesn't even regen and gets itself one shot by the Jugulus.

• Latrox Une

We can all take Latrox Une a step further than just reverting back, which is ignoring the main problem about the bounty: the bounty is notoriously slow and contradicting Warframe's core mechanics.

Make the samples guaranteed to drop similar to the first phase of the Assassination Bounty, while changing the goal of the Bounty to be similar to the Index. To clarify: we take the samples and deposit them to Une. The Bounty finishes upon depositing a certain amount of samples as Une would've uploaded the samples the instant he gets it.

Une should customize his Osprey to have Armor and an Amprex similar to the Juno Oxium Osprey, while changing the aggro so the Infested doesn't exclusively target the Osprey.

• Garv and his Grineer

Adjust the Lancer Survivor's Karak damage and the Trooper Survivor's Miter damage as they can easily pop light Infested upon spawning too quickly (Venin Mutalist Osprey, Chargers, Runners).

Also add in more Infested on Solo, as having only a pod of three Infested isn't that engaging. Make it so that the meter amount gained in Coop is equal to the gain in Solo (3.3% per Infested kill). This makes Solo play more frantic but interesting to beat Garv, while making the Coop variant as fast as the Solo variant.

I wish they stayed to help us instead of now leaving, as one of Garv's lines requests how will he help us now:

All, alive. You, good, Tenno. How, Garv, help? 

*disappears in thin air as the Tenno gets doggy-piled by Deimos Infested Tendril Drones*

Adjust the Lancer Survivor's Karak damage and the Trooper Survivor's Miter damage as they can easily pop light Infested upon spawning too quickly (Venin Mutalist Osprey, Chargers, Runners).

This was also something I should have mentioned. I've noticed this as well even on high level bounties. Even with my Kuva Quartakk that has 3 forma and a riven some of the weaker enemies would take a couple shots, yet the gang of Grineer would kill them with ease.

On 2020-10-23 at 2:08 AM, (NSW)JigsJosh said:

50% kills and I still didn't get the bonus. Isn't that double their kill count? The fail should occur at 51%. 

Ive noticed this too, so according to DE 1+1 is actually 1.99 or something :D?

It should be a succeeded mission if you get 50/100

Something I've noticed with the Drift bounties is that enemies tend to spawn as packs that you must wipe out before the next can spawn. Often, if the rate of spawns seems to have ground to a halt, I go looking for the single tendril drone that will be stuck in a mushroom nearby and kill it. Suddenly the spawnpods appear and things progress along again. I absolutely dispise those tendril drones.

6 hours ago, (NSW)DracoHouston said:

Something I've noticed with the Drift bounties is that enemies tend to spawn as packs that you must wipe out before the next can spawn. Often, if the rate of spawns seems to have ground to a halt, I go looking for the single tendril drone that will be stuck in a mushroom nearby and kill it. Suddenly the spawnpods appear and things progress along again. I absolutely dispise those tendril drones.

Yeah Ive noticed this as well, no new enemies spawn if there is a small pack somewhere doing a slowmo walk or just stuck on a branch. Also often there's a bunch very high up in the sky on those massive infested tendrils or w/e, usually a lot of Juggulus too. 

They should prevent spawning on those tendrils. 

Oh and also a few times when spawns died it will mark a pack of enemies literally over 900 meters away which is on the other side of the map. What... 

• 2 weeks later...

Did some bounties with a friend today on Deimos and after a few games we stopped because it was simply too boring. Not enough enemies spawning in most stages, and Latrox Une is still really slow.

I do hope theres improvements coming, I want to like Deimos but its just not possible right now.

Archived