Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech Thrusters Farming - Am i doing it right ?

(PSN)lhp_marcos

Question

My goal is to farm only Necramech Thrusters, no others mods. My method is, start Iso Vault Bounty ( Tier 1 ) with Nekros, kill the Necramech, desecrate his body, and leave without opening the vault, return to Necralisk, rinse and repeat. Am i doing it right ? The mission takes about 7~10minutes to complete, i'm getting tons of Redirection Steel Fiber and Scintilants, but no Thrusters, i understand that is a very rare mod, but is my strategy right for this ? Also, where do i get the mod booster? Couldn't find it on market.

13 answers to this question

I've been farming the same thing. FYI, the mod drop chance booster doubles the chance of all mod drops. So, Redirection drop rate becomes 15%, Steel Fiber 4.5%, Thrusters 0.4%. Sure, you get bigger drop rate for Thrusters, but you also get waaaay bigger drop rate chance for the other two. So those two mods get "priority". I got the boosters a couple of times from sortie. Sure, I get more mods, but rng is still rng.

8 minutes ago, RougeMagma said:

I've been farming the same thing. FYI, the mod drop chance booster doubles the chance of all mod drops. So, Redirection drop rate becomes 15%, Steel Fiber 4.5%, Thrusters 0.4%. Sure, you get bigger drop rate for Thrusters, but you also get waaaay bigger drop rate chance for the other two. So those two mods get "priority". I got the boosters a couple of times from sortie. Sure, I get more mods, but rng is still rng.

you do the same method ?

21 minutes ago, RougeMagma said:

that's not how the Mod Booster works. it doesn't change the weighting of anything. you are just twice as likely to get a Mod Drop. so you are twice as likely to get the Mod you are looking for. 
it doesn't matter what the Chances for any Mods are, you are twice as likely to get a Mod to Drop as without it. there's no reason to not want one when you're looking for any dropped Mod.

First of all, complete that one iso vault. There are good resources and why not to get it? And then, you can activate the same bounty again and again and you will have to do less stuff, but you'll be always having a nechramech there, so you don't need to re-enter. I hope Devs didn't change that, but just try it. You'll save a plenty of time 

10 hours ago, taiiat said:

that's not how the Mod Booster works. it doesn't change the weighting of anything. you are just twice as likely to get a Mod Drop. so you are twice as likely to get the Mod you are looking for. 
it doesn't matter what the Chances for any Mods are, you are twice as likely to get a Mod to Drop as without it. there's no reason to not want one when you're looking for any dropped Mod.

You're basically saying the same thing what I said but without the math from the wiki.

9 hours ago, Havilliard said:

First of all, complete that one iso vault. There are good resources and why not to get it? And then, you can activate the same bounty again and again and you will have to do less stuff, but you'll be always having a nechramech there, so you don't need to re-enter. I hope Devs didn't change that, but just try it. You'll save a plenty of time 

As i said, i only want the mod itself, the resources for the vault doenst matter, but i didnt knew i could do that. I'll try it.

10 hours ago, (PS4)lhp_marcos said:

you do the same method ?

More or less. I usually do public match and stick around till whatever the team wants to do. I figured I could trade duplicate rare mods I got from T2 or T3 with Thrusters. Besides, weapon parts from T3 can be sold in warframe market. My nekros also has max 70m range, so it's not very tanky. Also, I don't think you can re-activate the same bounty like the other guy said. DE patched that glitch a few weeks ago. The iso vault bounty option just doesn't show up if you go to the T1 mother.

8 minutes ago, RougeMagma said:

More or less. I usually do public match and stick around till whatever the team wants to do. I figured I could trade duplicate rare mods I got from T2 or T3 with Thrusters. Besides, weapon parts from T3 can be sold in warframe market. My nekros also has max 70m range, so it's not very tanky. Also, I don't think you can re-activate the same bounty like the other guy said. DE patched that glitch a few weeks ago. The iso vault bounty option just doesn't show up if you go to the T1 mother.

yeah doesnt show the bounty, i wish i had a necramech kill count pretty much like eidolons, just to know how many i've killed

5 hours ago, RougeMagma said:

You're basically saying the same thing what I said but without the math from the wiki.

you implied that it wasn't good or wasn't as helpful because it would increase the more common stuff more
or, atleast that's the implication i read out of it. if you weren't trying to imply that, then fair enough.

16 minutes ago, taiiat said:

you implied that it wasn't good or wasn't as helpful because it would increase the more common stuff more
or, atleast that's the implication i read out of it. if you weren't trying to imply that, then fair enough.

I stated my analysis with the numbers provided by the wiki and doubled them. If you think those stats aren't correct, then show the probability numbers you think they're supposed to be. You can think or say whatever you want, I'm not implying anything, just stating based on the facts.

Archived