Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro is too expensive with negative returns DE

Hashie1000

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Uh, wut? Lots of crucial weapons and mods can only be bought from Baro.

A lot of the gold mods can be acquired via other means (not all though).

The weapons?  Upgrades for lower rank players, but otherwise mastery fodder or for funsies.  I mean, I like my Prisma Skana and Prisma Tetra and have invested a fair bit in 'em, but they're hardly crucial or even anywhere near meta.

4 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

A lot of the gold mods can be acquired via other means (not all though).

The weapons?  Upgrades for lower rank players, but otherwise mastery fodder or for funsies.  I mean, I like my Prisma Skana and Prisma Tetra and have invested a fair bit in 'em, but they're hardly crucial or even anywhere near meta.

“Crucial” was a stretch because no weapon is crucial in this game, but....

Supra Vandal is literally the best AR in the game. Prisma Gorgon, Prisma Grakata, Machete Wraith after it was buffed, Prisma Dual Clevers, are all really good A or B tier weapons and I know I’m leaving some out. There’s definitely some trash in the mix as well, though.

I'd argue the Quellor is better than Supra or Grakata.  I love those two as well, but the Grakata struggles with high level Railjack Grineer even with 5 forma where as Quellor with 2 does decent enough.  (I need more forma in Supra still >.>)

The weapons you listed can be made pretty good, but easier to obtain, comparable options do exist.

6 hours ago, Hashie1000 said:

Got to drop these  Baro kiteer prices.

i have littlery done only grinding unlocking relics for baro for two weeks straight everyday  to sell to get Ducats.

barely enough

and nothing else

there is simply just no time for anything else in the game..cant do any other missions on eidelon or fortuna or syndicates or any other  rank climbing

some nightwave achievements takes place while i play 

i have litterly 'put over 200 hours in two weeks

and there is some people that work that would have very little time to achieve this

why is it so expensive.

dont you want us to have the stuff or dont want you for us not to achieve every thing or play all missions..?

can u consider this?

if you have a full time job, that would mean 56 hour a week . so for 200hr in 2 week of anything to happen, you would need to do nearly 2 full time job, or 14-15hr a day playing warframe and freaking not sleeping. So we can safely say you number is ******** ***** crazy

And aside from a Baro prime visit that exclusive to tennocon, i would hardly see anybody ever need over 3k ducat for a single time visit even when they are new or making a different acc. So given that you have the worse luck in the world and every run you only got 15 ducat piecs, that would take 200 relics run to open (so ... 1hr to farm and open a single relic with the 200hr number? wow ok). Even if you are new to the game, there should be multiple spot for you to get one relic per 5-10 minute  at worse. The total time to farm 200 relic and open them should not take over 4000 minutes (being 10*200 and assuming you are an idiot that take as long to open relic as u farming them - another *2) and finally 4000m is about 66hr 40minutes - less than 3 days in a worst case scenario of a new player to both farm and open relic without proper guide or access to farm them.

also, almost all of baro item are one time purchase and after a while, you would only need to spend at most 500 ducat per visit, with most of the thing rotating back now and then so you have no reason for fear of missing out on something, which should make the grind able to be stretch out for months 

Please do some basic research and actually think before saying anything, so far you only prove yourself to be a big ******* rude idiot

10 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

I'd argue the Quellor is better than Supra or Grakata.  I love those two as well, but the Grakata struggles with high level Railjack Grineer even with 5 forma where as Quellor with 2 does decent enough.  (I need more forma in Supra still >.>)

The weapons you listed can be made pretty good, but easier to obtain, comparable options do exist.

I’d say it’s better than the Grakata, but not the Supra. I would definitely recommend putting more Forma in your Supra Vandal because that thing is insane. IMO the only issue with it is limited mod space due to the augment.

1 hour ago, Hashie1000 said:

i have littlery done only grinding unlocking relics for baro for two weeks straight everyday  to sell to get Ducats.

barely enough

and nothing else

there is simply just no time for anything else in the game..cant do any other missions on eidelon or fortuna or syndicates or any other  rank climbing

some nightwave achievements takes place while i play 

i have litterly 'put over 200 hours in two weeks

and there is some people that work that would have very little time to achieve this

why is it so expensive.

dont you want us to have the stuff or dont want you for us not to achieve every thing or play all missions..?

can u consider this?

You're in luck! For PC... there's really nothing relevant for a brand new player with few Ducats. I mean, the Thermite Rounds and Scattering Inferno might look really useful to get from Baro, IMO, you should not get them from Baro. The only mod you might benefit from (but probably not) is the Fanged Fusillade... and that's for specialty status builds where you want to get lots of Slash procs natively. It's probably not a new player mod and you can forgo Split Flights and Fanged Fusillade.

So if you're a new player, you're going to get a Limbo warframe. And you can take him with no mods, potatoes, ranks, etc... into Spy missions and easily earn Scattering Inferno and Thermite Rounds. I have dozens of these mods! They're not worth your Ducats.

Scattering Inferno: Take your brand new Limbo and do Lua Spy. It's a really neat Spy mission... once you figure it out, you will be able to effortlessly do Lua Spy in 5 minutes.

Thermite Rounds: Do one of the higher level Corpus Spy missions with your Limbo... like Neptune or Pluto. These are also easy to figure out and Limbo can walk through lasers in his rift.

So the upshot is: IMO,

• Scattering Inferno and Thermite Rounds are not worth Ducats. There only 2 60/60 mods exclusive to Baro (Jolt and Voltaic Strike). Save your Ducats for those!
  • Split Flights and Fanged Fusillade are specialty mods. If you're new... don't buy them unless you have a very special build in mind.
  • The weapons are not particularly great... buy them when you're more wealthy with Ducats.
  • Baro always brings the Sands of Inaros Quest Blueprint... buy this at your leisure.

Basically, if you're a brand new player, you can safely skip Baro this week!

1 minute ago, Luciole77 said:

lmao

I do think Prisma Gorgon is one of the best assault rifles in the game. It is perfect for Hunter Munitions anyway! I prefer it over Soma Prime... I think it even outdamages Soma Prime (it has higher base damage). Although Soma Prime now has Hata-Satya augment... so maybe not anymore!

On the other hand, I don't think much of Supra Vandal... I mean, I have a well built Boltor Prime which is a similar kind of rifle and that's... yeah... so-so. Definitely eclipsed by Prisma Gorgon, Soma Prime and Telos Boltor!

Prisma Grinlock looks like an OK weapon... but I don't like Semi Auto! But yes, I think Prisma Gorgon itself is more than just MR fodder... but it is very similar to other crit automatic rifles (of which there are many!).

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I’d say it’s better than the Grakata, but not the Supra. I would definitely recommend putting more Forma in your Supra Vandal because that thing is insane. IMO the only issue with it is limited mod space due to the augment.

How do you have yours modded? Just wondering cause you seem to think highly of it, while mine is just...kinda there. Is it one of those thing where I'm gonna need a riven?

Just now, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

How do you have yours modded? Just wondering cause you seem to think highly of it, while mine is just...kinda there. Is it one of those thing where I'm gonna need a riven?

I can't speak for that poster, but I do have a Viral/Heat Boltor Prime which works pretty OK. It's a status rifle just like Supra Vandal! You can probably mod the Supra Vandal mostly the same way! Make sure to appropriately tone down/tune the Viral damage so that you get just enough Viral while letting Heat proc more often (so, if needed, use lower ranked 60/60 cold/toxin mods).

1 hour ago, Hashie1000 said:

wow..none of you work for DE..why do u comment..did i ask u?

Hello, Hashie1000! I hope you're enjoying the game. 

If you click on the "Home" link on the website in the top left where it says "Home > Community > etc", you'll go to the main forum page. This is where you'll see a black bar with words like "Community" and "Bug Reports". Well, right below that you'll see a section called "Feedback". 

That is where you want to submit feedback for the developers to read. Please be aware they don't typically respond, but they do read them. 

Dunno how the conversation evolved on 3 pages, but you don't need to buy everything from him at once. If you didn't managed to farm enough for X reason, then you should spend on the very basics needs first, then the rest. This is true for the entire game, items always come back one way or another.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Crucial? Not really. Nice to have? Sure. 

We all got along well enough without Baro for years. Many years. 

You do get some opportunities to pick up otherwise difficult to get mods and there are a few unique to him that are useful. Most are upgrades to existing mods. They're better, but you're also starting to get into 'gilding the lilly' territory, complete with extensive forma and endo expenditures. 

He's not there for beginners. He's there with some interesting things for veterans with prime parts to burn from extensive farming. 

3 hours ago, Hashie1000 said:

barely enough

and nothing else

Are you always equipping a relic of your own for every single run? Are you making sure to grab the highest value reward every time? 

For example, if you crack your relic in a public mission, are you making sure to choose someone else's reward if their is a gold available and yours is only a bronze, or a silver if that's the highest available? 

Are you doing endless missions that often take a good five minutes a round, and are usually best done with organized teams doing upgraded relics, or are you doing quick missions like exterminates or captures and being done with one relic mission in a couple minutes so you can move on to the next? 

Are you also trying to buy everything from Baro every time, including cosmetics? Because that's unecessarily completionist, most of us don't do that. We grab what we most want at the time, especially non-cosmetic. The people buying literally everything from him including any cosmetics they don't have are usually hardcore players who have been around a while and don't have a lot to do. A lot of his non-cosmetic stuff is also optional and can be gotten in a different way. Look up those things and don't waste as much of your time on Baro. 

He does have some stuff like Primed Continuity that is pretty important for progression, but most of his non-cosmetic stuff is really niche or endgame and isn't really necessary for your builds. Don't let yourself get FOMO over getting everything Baro has every two weeks, especially if you aren't already a bored player with super high mastery rank. 

You are just going to frustrate yourself and ruin your own gaming experience. A newer player isn't meant to just buy literally everything from Baro every two weeks. Even a veteran isn't really meant to do that as a veteran is only going to see a handful of new things, at best, every time, as they have seen a lot of it on rotation before. 

Edit: TL;DR, you are torturing yourself. Relax and stop letting FOMO drive you up the wall. Almost nothing save maybe Primed Continuity from Baro is even that worth worrying about missing out on a rotation for. 

Today - if wiki is being honest about his inventory, I recommend

1. The 3 real mods, if you don't have them (skip Split Flight, but the others are great)
  2. Liset Prisma Skin (most awesome Liset skin there is)

Sands of Inaros is always available.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

Weapons? No. Mods? Yes. However it takes like 4-5 month for Baro to cycle through his mods. You can farm a few hundred Ducts in an hour. The OP is either ignorant or making false claims. 

uummm......you can farm several hundreds of ducats per hour. without even using refined relics. if youre grinding that long and dont have stuff to sell...obviously youre not doing it right. you sure you know how relics work?

pick a capture mission and you can do 20+ runs an hour. even if you have the worst luck possible and get nothing but total crap...thats still 300 ducats ph minimum.

4 hours ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

There are a lot of different builds you can use on it but the one I usually run is serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, hunter munitions, vile acceleration, and two 60/60 mods for viral. The additional fire rate is crucial. Some people love the augment but I just think it’s hard to find space.

I’ve yet to find an assault rifle that can out-DPS this thing. The reload is also fairly short considering how massive the magazine is.

4 hours ago, nslay said:

I can't speak for that poster, but I do have a Viral/Heat Boltor Prime which works pretty OK. It's a status rifle just like Supra Vandal! You can probably mod the Supra Vandal mostly the same way! Make sure to appropriately tone down/tune the Viral damage so that you get just enough Viral while letting Heat proc more often (so, if needed, use lower ranked 60/60 cold/toxin mods).

It’s not a “status rifle” though. 16% crit chance is more than enough with how many bullets this thing fires. You should be building it for crit and status and using hunter munitions. IMO there is no better AR.

Just now, (PS4)Wil_Shatner_face said:

It’s not a “status rifle” though. 16% crit chance is more than enough with how many bullets this thing fires. You should be building it for crit and status and using hunter munitions. IMO there is no better AR.

Soma Prime, Prisma Gorgon and Telos Boltor are way way better for Hunter Munitions.

And I disagree... IMO you should be modding Supra Vandal mostly for status. You can make it hybrid, but it really shines most on status.

Archived