Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Assault preset for sentinels

sakourm

So I had a thought while playing, why don't we turn our sentinels into aggressive attack drones?

Here's my suggestion :

New mod : Attack mode

[Enables your sentinel to move around on it's own, with additional 50% health and 50% armor for the sentinel, as well as 2 self-revive charges.]

Once this mod is installed, medi-ray and shield charger will be disabled / unable to be installed

Vacuum will remain active, will activate a vacuum aura (range depending on vacuum mod level) around the sentinel, willing to track all items in the sentinel, and the sentinel will return

each 30 seconds, giving you the items sentinel has tracked

When the sentinel is dead, it will use the self-revive charge (the one I mentioned before), revives itself and respawn right next to it's owner, and staying 30 seconds before going out.

Is this mod too powerful? Absolutely not.

Sentinel alone going out will easily got targeted and dies really easily,

Does sentinel being targeted makes this mode completely useful?

No, it is really useful in specific situations like defending a room, but you're lazy to go out and take the mods yourself, then you can use sentinel will attack mode to take all items for

you.

27 minutes ago, Alyptical said:

New mod : Attack mode

[Enables your sentinel to move around on it's own, with additional 50% health and 50% armor for the sentinel, as well as 2 self-revive charges.]

Once this mod is installed, medi-ray and shield charger will be disabled / unable to be installed

No offense, but this completely removes any reason to use a sentinel, and nerfs them in the process. 

29 minutes ago, Alyptical said:

Vacuum will remain active, will activate a vacuum aura around the sentinel, willing to track all items in the sentinel, and the sentinel will return each 30 seconds, giving you the items sentinel has tracked

So basically no vacuum then. Who in their right mind would want to wait 30 seconds for energy orb drops, or have loot pick up be tied to a crappy AI for that matter?

31 minutes ago, Alyptical said:

Is this mod too powerful? Absolutely not.

Correct. After Titanic Rumbler got buffed recently I'd probably say this is the worst mod in the game. Not only is it a bad side grade, but it nerfs or turns off 3 other precepts.

35 minutes ago, Alyptical said:

No, it is really useful in specific situations like defending a room, but you're lazy to go out and take the mods yourself, then you can use sentinel will attack mode to take all items for you.

Ah yes, afk farming, DE's favorite. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6qGbfbCi1Y

24 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

If they're not going to give us universal vacuum, you can bet your bottom Baruuk they're not going to give you automated vacuum on a mobile companion.

They did when they added Fetch, worked similar to OP idea and sucked so hard that was reworked ASAP

i like the idea but i cant exactly seeing this be useful in a game like warframe where we have so much freedom of movement
the sentinel will not be able to go far enough away from us to matter unless it gets too far to matter
also if the sentinal is going to draw fire i dont think it will be able to survive past 2 seconds in a lvl 80+ mission even with +50% hp and +50% armour unless it moves around fast enough and consistently enough to reduce the enemies accuracy by nearly 100%
in certain missions the sentinel will also then be more of a hindrance if it did live long enough they do only kill enemies very slowly and if they are drawing aggro during a survival or defence mission that means less enemies come to you to die and go to your sentinel instead thus dropping your kill rate

there's a few problems here:

- Sentinels don't have the survivability to be independent. unless they move faster than a Mink on Red Bull, they'll just get one or two-shot before they can do anything remotely useful.

- any version of vacuum that isn't instant and for the player is bad, period. it defeats the point of Vacuum, and we all know DE despise Vacuum, for whatever bizarre reason.

- something that goes out and picks up mods for you with no input could be classed as AFK farming and that's a no-no.

I'd rather they just make Sentinels immune to certain projectile attacks (AoE is fair game) so they don't get sniped all the time in higher level missions, or let us revive sentinels if they are downed.

Not entirely afk if sentinel will not go attack mode if you don't attack, also as I remember, moa's vacuum only takes the stuff in an aura AROUND you and not the moa itself, but yeah, it is actually really hard to prevent afk farms.

2 minutes ago, Alyptical said:

Not entirely afk if sentinel will not go attack mode if you don't attack, also as I remember, moa's vacuum only takes the stuff in an aura AROUND you and not the moa itself, but yeah, it is actually really hard to prevent afk farms.

they already tried this type of vacuum with beast pets as has been said and it sucked horribly.

Not entirely the same thing tho, beast are you standing still, they track items for you in an aura with you being the middle, while this one, the aura isn't on you but the sentinel

still have to say afk farm is a big problem

7 minutes ago, Alyptical said:

Not entirely the same thing tho, beast are you standing still, they track items for you in an aura with you being the middle, while this one, the aura isn't on you but the sentinel

No, Fetch originally centred on the companion (which is what your suggestion would entail). It was changed shortly after its original release to function like Vacuum does.

11 hours ago, Alyptical said:

Also, I have no idea why you'd include this as a drawback when MOAs can already equip both and work just fine. Basically, your suggestion just seems to be turning Sentinels into worse MOAs.

5 hours ago, Alyptical said:

I'm not entirely sure of this since I'm not a dev or a data miner and I can't see the code, but in the past, when just vaccum existed, it was tied directly to the sentinel, but we didn't noticed it since sentinels are attached to the frames. When they added Fetch, almsot everyone said "Please make it exactly like Vaccum!" and that's when we knew that the vaccum effect was tied to the pet instead us. So imagine you wanted to grab something, you still had to walk above that loot like if you didn't have vaccum but hey, your pet picked up things by their own... It was bad. Then they "reworked" the effect adding a "new" value to globalize the vaccum effect (probably is the same value but explained diferently), now everything on ground has a 3m vaccum by default and the Vvaccum and Fecth mods expand that radius for the frame. The vaccum effects seems to be related to the center of your pawn (aka warframe, operator, necramech, etc), so it kinda sucks for the necramech because it's too big so you have to walk into the loot anyways (it should be expanded for the necramech), but it's useful for the frame and the operator. So that's how your regular vaccum on the present day works like that as far as I can recall, probably I'm wrong but we do have innate vaccum of 3m on ground.

It has more problems. 50% hp armour is not much for these things when they are off by them selfs solo agro.

They won’t last at all. 6 revives gives you what 6:30 before it’s dead for good. That works on fast missions, but anything over 1 round of survival your going solo.

1 hour ago, Xyngrr said:

This idea would work better as spawnables, like the shield ospreys. Ao they don't remove your sentinel, but allow you to call in a specter version of one of your sentinels or companions... it's instant powercreep though.

What I’ve always thought interesting is to combine a MOA with a sentinel.

basically pick a MOA pick a Sentinel. All abilities work. if the MOA dies the sentinel pops out of it flys over you till a revive CD goes off and the MOA revives.

This is a little OP as the MOA has 2 body’s and 2 sets of abilities. Still would be cool. Basically like the new pets, just a real sentinel not a fake one.

2 minutes ago, BDMblue said:

basically pick a MOA pick a Sentinel. All abilities work. if the MOA dies the sentinel pops out of it flys over you till a revive CD goes off and the MOA revives.

This is a little OP as the MOA has 2 body’s and 2 sets of abilities. Still would be cool. Basically like the new pets, just a real sentinel not a fake one.

so exactly like the vulpaphylas, just reskinned rip offs instead?

4 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

so exactly like the vulpaphylas, just reskinned rip offs instead?

Kinda. I had the idea long long before the new pets came out. Basically your sentinel just hides inside the MOA. Still you get booth abilities from MOA and sentinel. It was to help with the weakness of sentinels.

I think DE Also has this idea and the new pets to me at lest look like a way of trying it out.

Im hoping when they redo pets this kind of thing is an option as right now it’s too op compared to the other pets (Well maybe not the new spore viral one).

• 2 weeks later...

honestly i'd say this idea sucks after thinking for a while, but yeah what about a new sentinel that drops out a specter with the exact same stats with the new sentinel itself, while the specter have the aura i mentioned while the owner have his own aura as well, but what about sentinel aura having only 50% range of the original vacuum, drops a new specter every 45 seconds, destroy the current specter after dropping another one.

this idea sounds cool but will be mostly useless after the enemy's level get high, tho

2020/10/26 AM10点47分 , BDMblue 说:

what about a moa but with the sentinel flying on it?

panzer / kavat really overshines it too much, now what about a moa that runs around and break the containers around it / collecting it at the same time?

, and when the moa is downed, the sentinel automatically flies back to you, when the sentinel died, moa still working as it should but only without a sentinel

but the sentinel cannot use any self revive mods, but automatically respawn after you revived the moa?

honestly my idea kind of sucks ik, but your idea is actually pretty cool

14 hours ago, Alyptical said:

what about a moa but with the sentinel flying on it?

panzer / kavat really overshines it too much, now what about a moa that runs around and break the containers around it / collecting it at the same time?

, and when the moa is downed, the sentinel automatically flies back to you, when the sentinel died, moa still working as it should but only without a sentinel

but the sentinel cannot use any self revive mods, but automatically respawn after you revived the moa?

honestly my idea kind of sucks ik, but your idea is actually pretty cool

I was thinking a backpack looking thing maybe. I had ideas for having 2 pets at the same time and different combos would work different lol.

You got the MOA that would combine with the mobile companion. The dogs and cats that revive each other. MOA with mobile pet would work as a support for the pet amplifying it’s damage defence and healing.

For those that hate anything but a sentinel. A pet that works like a set of armour. Give it really good defensive stats and have it work like a second set of life. Was thinking it would be like a bladed disk going around your Warframe. Could have 1 like a shocking disk or fire one. Basically a pet that can use warframe armour health shield mods. Then with a mobile pet it would use the higher stats between your frame or it.

Archived